Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / How to port DX9 media to DX10 version ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 19:24
wich program or action is required to do this ? Maybe i can port the expansion packs myself, no worrys anymore Or it would be cool if i like some of the media stuff in the TGC online store, then i can use it to. thanks
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 20:50
It is very easy.

First you need to make a normal map for the texture...
If it's a segment your going to have to add an extra line in the the segment file to be able to use the normal map.

Then you have the problems of the outside wall being higher than the inside wall that also needs to be edited in the segment file.

Some of the entity files are so screwed up your going to have to redo do them completely or just use some thing like wethams entity maker to remake the whole entity texture normal map and all...

Then you got the problem on some entities not scalling correctly that needs to be fixed...

Then you got the problem of textures not displaying correctly or isn't correctly mapped and has to be remapped...

Once you have done that to all 2 billion files in the add-on packs let me know...???

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 23:50
The FPSC X9 model packs are being converted to be compatible with FPSC X10. Some of them have been done already.

Entities can't be scaled because of instancing. This might not be fixed so start learning how modelling apps work.

Use existing X10 files as templates for new things you want to bring in.

Dont use multiple textures for entities in FPSC X10 it doesn't work

Thats all I can think of right now

Oh yeah, download crazybump to make everything look amazing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:57:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:57:14