Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Store Scripts - Share and Talk About

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 02:38
Have either of you tried using decimal values with the variables?

A simple test like this could suffice to determine if decimals are supported:

The one and only,

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 03:17 Edited at: 1st May 2008 03:17
OK Plystire, I guess you want an impartial tester so that you can go nyah, nyah, nyah, mine works and yours doesn't.

So, I tested it. It does not work. In order to test it one of course has to make sure that a hud is shown on the screen or perhaps a door opens. I chose the door this time as it was easier to do because I used the Pickup 5 items and open door scripts.

The first code snippet is for items where I pickup to and increment the variable by 1.5.

This is the code snippet for the remote door. Of course you have to put in the name of the door in the "ifused" parameter of the item picked up.

Now, how do I know it doesn't work? Well I verified that the code is working by changing the pickup value to "1" and the varequal value of the door to 2. After doing that the door opens.

So, it is safe to say that the variable only has a long integer data type and cannot use decimals.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st May 2008 03:22
Wouldn't it suck if these new features came with documentation?

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 03:48 Edited at: 1st May 2008 03:56
I tried to set it up as mentioned before and scripts #1, #2, & #3 are working fine.
I have all six digits being read and I can display the value live. (I picked up an item worth 932,145 and displayed fine)
However, my reversion of the value (script#4) is not working, so it is not resetting.
There are no errors or typos, so I am in the same shape as last time. (file too big, or high state #'s faulty ?)
So, I will convert #4 into 3 seperate scripts, since that solved the last problem.

I will then have a total of six scripts, but it should display the global1 variable as a six digit number at all times.

Then any script that increments or decrements the value can activate this 'script-chain' to refresh the display of the new value.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 03:53
Quote: "Wouldn't it suck if these new features came with documentation?"

:ROFL:

Glad to see your making headway CE. It just took me hours, maybe days to get it.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 03:59 Edited at: 1st May 2008 04:44
Quote: "It just took me hours, maybe days to get it"

I get the concept of the new actions and conditions.
It is trying to get a display working that is troublesome.

The running total is what is necessary, because I want to know exactly how much money I have at all times.
The scripts I am writing could easily be modified to display any of the global variables.
In fact, ideally I would have different activated states to set which variable is being used.

:state=13,activated=7:globalvar=1,state=14
:state=13,activated=8:globalvar=2,state=14
:state=13,activated=9:globalvar=3,state=14
:state=13,activated=10:globalvar=4,state=14

:state=14,vargreater=900:decvar=900,state=15

But I'll wait for those glitches until after I have the single one working.

EDIT
EUREKA! I GOT IT!
The six scripts work to perfection.
The six scripts only use two variables (globalvar1 and globalvar2)
The scripts display a six digit representation of globalvar1, whatever its current value may be.
I'll post a video up after I take my 'Rockband' break.

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll make whatever money entitys that you need guys, I really love the hole store concept, please dont drop this as a store feature is greatly needed.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 06:49
Here is a video of the cash counter scripts in action.

There are 3 bushes of different values used.

13 points

20,000 points

and 100,000 points

...but you could make these whatever you want by changing the value in the pickup script for that object.
Making a custom pickup script is as simple as editing one number and saving the file as a new name.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 11:49
Quote: "OK Plystire, I guess you want an impartial tester so that you can go nyah, nyah, nyah, mine works and yours doesn't. "

I don't know what you mean.

We already know which system is better. Lol I was honestly just curious as to what datatype Lee decided to use and if he made decimals available for the variables.

@CE:

That video was good. Nice job with the counter system! Would it be hard at all to put in? From the sounds of it, you basically have 6 "Always Active" entities that control the number shown on screen. That'd be pretty easy to put in.

The one and only,

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 15:12 Edited at: 1st May 2008 15:13
It double posted me.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 15:12 Edited at: 1st May 2008 19:09
Quote: "Would it be hard at all to put in? From the sounds of it, you basically have 6 "Always Active" entities that control the number shown on screen. That'd be pretty easy to put in."

Exactly right. It is that easy.

Here are the modified Pickup1 scripts...

Original Stock Pickup Script....

Edited Pickup script for 13 points/coins/dollars....

Edited Pickup script for 20,000 points/coins/dollars....

As you can see the only thing added to this script was...

globalvar=1,incvar=20000,activateifused=13,

...that was put in state=10.

The only difference for the pickups scripts is the incvar=x amount.

REAL EASY!

The decrement can work the same way...

globalvar=1,decvar=10000,activateifused=13,

..would take off 10,000. (all we do is change the incvar to decvar, easy)
You can use any script to increment or decrement the values, as it does not have to be a pickup script.
I like the idea of editing the pickup scripts though, because then the gun would charge you for it when you pick it up.
Adding a state to verify the funds would be easy enough too.

I'll make a Pickup script for a gun today that will ...

1) Verify you have enough funds for the purchase.

2) Display a "sorry, but.." if you don't have enough.

3) Display a "this item costs $x, are you sure you want to purchase it? Y or N ?

4) Pick up the weapon, decrement the amount, and activate the cash display refresher if 'Y'.

5) Cancel the purchase if 'N'

That way each item becomes its own store in a way.

EDIT
Eureka again!

Now I have it working exactly like I wanted it to; check out the new video...

I had to use the settargetname=x and the activatetarget=13, because the weapons do not have an ifused field. (but it works great)

I step off the MP40 and back to show how the huds only appear when you are on it.
The first time it asks me to buy I hit 'N' for no just to show how that works too, then I retrigger and hit 'Y'.

Watch the CE Cash Counter in action....

Attachments

Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Did anyone know how to create AI of enemy or alies fpscreator scripts, like enemy or alies in COD 4 (call of duty) games?

such as .. Enemy alert when his friends kill by the player, then he run to get cover.. then he shoot ( just like in COD 4 or any other fps games ), Alies can help the player to shoot the enemy.

can anyone help me with this..

thnks.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 16:12
Conjured Entertainment,

The script and HUDs are slick. I wonder if there should be a popup HUD when you pick up cash? The sound works fine in your video because you are walking around picking up cash (bushes - LOL) but I guess it would depend on how obvious and repetitive the money is in a real game. I would move the cash total display, but that's just me.

I still want to do a drop down, semi-transparent console HUD (on keypress) to show a range of information (ie: time playing level, health, cash, armor, experience, etc, etc ), but I've recently got into improving my modeling skills again. You have to do things while you're motivated. LOL

As for a "More Info" on the weapons pickup HUD, I think it could be quite useful in the game, to explain - in addition to the weapon specs - perhaps how that weapon might be the right or wrong choice for what's ahead. We're not all weapons experts, so a little learning while playing couldn't hurt.

Good luck with your AK47 showing up. MP5 installs V1.03 so you should install V1.09 over the top again. I'm sure it will all get sorted out.

Best.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 16:27
Very nice CE. I was counting on you to take this to the next level.

xplosys, I am liking your recent models. I can't even begin to do modeling and I have tried.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 17:54 Edited at: 2nd May 2008 18:21
Quote: " I wonder if there should be a popup HUD when you pick up cash? "

Well, as it stands I left the "you picked up an item" prompt, but that hud could easily be changed to say a value.

Quote: "I would move the cash total display, but that's just me. "

To where, the top right instead of the bottom right?

Quote: "Good luck with your AK47 showing up. MP5 installs V1.03 so you should install V1.09 over the top again."

That is strange having the update embedded in a model pack.
I guess I will install v1.09 again, but it still doesn't explain why the AK is the only one not working.
Oh well, who cares, like I said I always have the AKM.

Quote: "Very nice CE. I was counting on you to take this to the next level. "

Now I am wondering whether to give these scripts away for FREE or make them part of a $5 pack.
However, you two guys seem to be the only ones who comment on it, so I don't know if it is even worth fooling with sharing it with everyone.

The system uses ...
10 Images (0-9) to create 60 huds (10 for each of the six digits) that are used for the currency display.
6 Scripts that activate each other in a series to create the huds for the display based on the global var 1 value.
1 custom pickup script for each item made available for sale. (user created by editing included template)
2 images (sorry/confirmation) for each item made available for sale. (user created by editing included template)
Optional* 1 image per item made available for sale for detailed information display. (user created/item dependent)
Optional* 1 image per cash-pickup amount to prompt the user on how much they just picked up. (user created/amount dependent)

It would be my luck that LEE will create some new hudtypes that will display some of the gloabal variables. (but that would be welcomed)

Here is the pickup script script used for the MP40 used inthe video...

You can see in state=3 we are checking to make sure the player has enough cash.

You can see in state=10 we are decrementing the amount because they chose to buy.

So, if your gun costs say $2500 then the state=3 and state=10 would be edited as follows...

:state=3,varless=2500:state=4
:state=3,varequal=2500:state=5
:state=3,vargreater=2500:state=5

:state=10:globalvar=1,decvar=2500,activatetarget=13,playertake,coloff,plrsound=audiobank\misc\ping.wav,hudshow=itemprompt,hudfadeout=itemprompt,state=1

Of course you would need to change the HUD names and paths if you change to a different weapon, but it is not hard.

Here is the pickup script used for the AK (if I had one), so you can compare the two...

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 22:17 Edited at: 2nd May 2008 22:48
I hate to double post but I didn't feel like adding all of the forward slashes in that code again, so...

Quote: "you are walking around picking up cash (bushes - LOL) "

Yeah, professional landscapers laugh at that idea too. Or do they?

Quote: "I'll make whatever money entitys that you need guys, I really love the hole store concept, please dont drop this as a store feature is greatly needed. "

Cool beans Maniac, but I got tired of waiting. (just kidding)
I think I made the model a little too long, because it looks a bit stretched.
Here is a picture of my new cash model, and I am excited because I FINALLY figured out how to do the UV Mapping in FragMOTION...
I wasn't trying to beat you to it; its just that I finished the scripts and gun huds, so I wanted to replace my bushes with a proper cash item.

Quote: "I would move the cash total display, but that's just me.
I wonder if there should be a popup HUD when you pick up cash?"

I'm too anxious for this to wait for responses.
I decided you are right xplosys, so I am going to move my cash diplay to the top in the middle. (between default health and gun huds)
I decided to show an amount for the increments when you pick up cash that will appear right under the cash counter, then fade out.
I could make increments with a green font and decrements with a red font, or I could skip the decrements since the user selected the amount.

Attachments

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 03:57 Edited at: 3rd May 2008 04:14
Quote: "so I don't know if it is even worth fooling with sharing it with everyone"

You know how it is around here. Doing something good is like pissing your pants in a dark suite. You get a warm feeling, but nobody notices. I know you though. Your doing this to see if you can, and how far. That's the warm feeling. LOL

Quote: "I decided to show an amount for the increments when you pick up cash that will appear right under the cash counter, then fade out."

I like that. I remember playing Kingpin, and running over things - picking them up - without knowing what they were. There was a similar HUD that showed what you picked up and then faded out.

Best.

Duper
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey so is this script complete if so could you put it in a download just to make it easyer for n00bs like me.

Thanks for the script.

-Super Duper-
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 20:13 Edited at: 3rd May 2008 20:28
Quote: "Hey so is this script complete if so could you put it in a download just to make it easyer for n00bs like me."

If you mean my scripts, then yes; they are complete.
I think I am going to release mine as a pack, and that is not complete.
That means I have to create the items that will run the scripts, so the FPE files will set up the scripts for you.
That will make it easier for beginners to get up and running, because they will have less settings to adjust manually.

I will also include some hud templates for making the creation of your huds easier for beginners.
Those will included the red/green for weapons, and the pick up huds that display how much was picked up.

Here is what the user will need to do to get up and running once the zip is available...

1) Create the two huds for the sorry and confirmation messages for each weapon for sale. (edit templates)

2) Create a unique pickupscript for each weapon by editing a copy of the included template.

3) Place the six cash-counter items (undecided as to what they will be) in your map.
This is so that your scripts are set up with correct ifused settings automatically.

4) Place your cash pickups where ever you want them in your map, and set their AIMAIN for the script with the appropriate ammount.

That's it.

I could bypass steps one and two for the user by providing scripts and huds for the stock gun models.
However, I would need Rick's permission to re-distribute those hud-icon images since I use those in the weapon huds.
Or I could take the extra time and create my own icon for each weapon with an angled 3d perspective instead.

As it stands, my pack will not be for a novice user.
It will be more suited for intermediate users, or those who are familiar with the FPSC file structure.
Basically it has all of the scripting done for you , but additional pickup scripts will need to be created by the user for custom amounts.

Actually, by forcing the user to edit their own scripts and huds, this will make a great learning experience for new FSPC modders.
My goal though is to make this as easy to use as possible.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 19:39
Quote: "Now I am wondering whether to give these scripts away for FREE or . . ."

As xplosys said, it was for the challenge. Just like for me. I just wanted to get my head wrapped around this. That's why I didn't actually go any further. But I kinda had the feeling you would go further with it. But, it is not for naught as you will still be able to use it yourself.

BTW, of course, the scripts I can do. It's the huds I would really like to buy. Those are slick. I mean especially the inquiry huds and weapon specs. I'm working on trying to figure out that transparent multi-color huds thing. I should be able to do it with Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. But, my head only swims with confusion when I look at all those things called layers and alpha and whatnot.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 04:29 Edited at: 5th May 2008 07:19
Quote: "BTW, of course, the scripts I can do. It's the huds I would really like to buy. Those are slick. "

Thanks!
I am sure there are others who can do the images but not the scripts.
So, I will release this as a pack with everything as to please all spectrums.
I'll try to have something finished as soon as possible, but I have my mid term this week for my CIS 500.

I'll probably make the 6 cash counter script holder entites as something simple, like maybe a bedroom suite of furniture ....

Bed
Dresser
Hope chest
Night stand
2 pillows

Any suggestions for the models anyone?

Just remember that I have to make them in a week, so nothing elaborate.

This money system is going to be great because it is not limited to weapons.
You could buy anything in game that you can in real life, like real estate, furniture, clothes, armor, etc.
Imagine whole empty buildings that have locked doors until you purchase them, then you go in and have to buy furniture, security systems, pay utilities and maintenance and more.

These new variables are awesome and really make FPSC dynamic x99.
I plan on using one of the global variables in the destroy scripts of wooden objects.
That way my players can tear up furniture to gather wood for boarding up windows and doors during zombie attacks.
I'd better make that script holder bedroom with metal furniture, huh?

Oh well, here is a peek at a wooden bed that I am working on, but as you can see the first attempt has a scaling issue...

Attachments

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 07:43 Edited at: 5th May 2008 07:59
Here is that same bed scaled at 220...

Of course anyone would be able to use different models with the scripts if they choose to.
These will just be templates to show people how to set them up.

Attachments

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 09:46
Good diea hiding the scripts inside inanimate objects. I always leaned more towards using an invisible entity... mainly because when I set up scripting, my object layout hasn't even started yet, lol.

I hope many people will find it useful.

The one and only,

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 22:18
Here is the nightstand....

The pillows are next, then the dresser, then the hope chest.
I've made the models (lol boxes) for the dresser and hope chest, but they have no texture yet.

Attachments

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 23:11
Ok, I know I said the pillows were next, but that tall dresser was easy by modding the nightstand texture, so...

Attachments

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 00:28 Edited at: 8th May 2008 00:50
All these screenshots make me feel like I'm posting in the model forum.
Anyway, here are all six items ready for their scripts, so this project is on schedule.

This screen shot does not show the cash counter being displayed because I have not edited the model's FPEs for them yet.
However, you can see that I created a numeric1 HUD so that the numbers for the lives/health/ammo will match the new numbers.
Although, the cash numbers nave a slightly blueish shadow instead of that darker one.

I just hope these scripts don't cause any speed issues, so I need to test them on my old computer.
That means time because it will need to be updated to v109, and have all of these files copied to it.

If this project is not ready by the weekend, then I will defintiely have it finished by Monday.
Then, I am starting my "Timer Scripts" project, which will display the time elapsed/left for timer based objectives.

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 01:03
I like the bedroom pack. Did you add the lock to the foot locker or whatever you call that. Seems I saw in another thread that it wasn't there. Well, if it was, I'm glad as it adds to the chest. Now all you have to do is animate it so that it opens up. Never mind. If I ever got a bedroom set I would want it all to match.

Timer scripts, eh? Interesting. Will variables be involved?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 01:16 Edited at: 8th May 2008 01:53
Quote: "I like the bedroom pack. Did you add the lock to the foot locker or whatever you call that. "

Thanks Flatlander.
Yes, I added it on because I thought it would help the texture. (from a distance at least)

Quote: "Now all you have to do is animate it so that it opens up. Never mind. If I ever got a bedroom set I would want it all to match. "

I'm not animating anything, yet. (needs to get my texturing skills down pat first)
Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, I used brass knobs and a silver hasp.
I guess I could and should go back and fix that before the release.

Quote: "Timer scripts, eh? Interesting. Will variables be involved? "

Yes, they will, and actually the scripts will be based off of the scripts that I scrapped from this.
The silver/gold method I was working on before I knew the vast size of the global variables' values will be the base.
Those scripts were working great but limited me to a value no higher than 99.
Well, that will be fine when converting the silver and gold amounts to minutes and seconds.
The script will loop a one second timer and adjust the values of the variables accordingly with each passing second.
Then it will trigger 2 other scripts to display the minutes and seconds values.
I'll have a video soon (week or so tops) of the timer script in action.
I'm putting that off until the store scripts are done, but here are my plans for the first 5 global variables.

1) Cash
2) Cash counter for displaying cash
3) Timer Minutes
4) Timer Seconds
5) Body Armor

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 20:19
How's it coming CE. I know you have some work you want to also get done through the store and to me that would take priority. Anyway, I sent you a personal contact message through your web site. Look out for it. Thanks.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 03:32
Quote: "How's it coming CE. I know you have some work you want to also get done through the store and to me that would take priority. "

It is going good.
I need to change my knobs to silver to match the footlocker.
It would be easier to change the footlocker to brass, but I like the silver better.

The Store does have priority over the pack, and I had a couple Vista issues to sort out for it.
Now I have everything working right and have uploaded a couple items to the store. (Bed and Pillow)
I'll get the Nightstand, Tall Dresser, and Footlocker uploaded to the store tomorrow hopefully.
Then I can get the FPE files edited for the script and make the buy button for the pack and add it to my website.

I haven't forgotten about the cash system; its just been delayed a little while.

steve1112
Years of Service
User Offline
where i must insert the scrcipt for buy weapons? ye i know im noob xd
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 15:19
I just stumbled upon this thread, and now I am anxiously awaiting the release of the cash system.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 16:55
If you are talking about the one I did, then it is already released.

You can find it here Luke.

Frankie Pawnage5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 00:47
okay im lost here. whats the script that i put in the weapon Main script (ya know, for it to cost a certain amount of money and for it to take money away and stuff)
and whats the script that i put into the gold bar thing where it makes it worth a certain amount of money and stuff??

FrAnKiE
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 02:33
Thanks Conjured, I somehow missed that thread too.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:26:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:26:20