Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Animating 3ds files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 22:32
Ok i have the full version of rhinoceros, and i've been thinking about 3D games alot laitly. Unfortunatly i don't have a clue as how to animate files in rhino (i don't even think i can) and i was wondering if there was a free program that i could use to animate the files and then turn them into animated .X files. Any comments would be apreciated.
Sparing - Loved by many Pefected by few.
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 02:31
Free? Don't know about that. You can try Blender. That does animation, but it is a little confusing. You should download the Milkshape demo. It is free for a month, and does animation quite well. Then you can think about buying it. I don't think anyone has gotten any animation exported from Anim8or though.

Good Luck

Xander
Bolt of Bolt Software Productions
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 05:42
Hmm, I've been having the same problem. Only I've got Truespace. I think Bolt answered the question to another thread of mine in this sector named "Truespace Modelling Issues". Thanks.

"I need gopher-chucks!!"
CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 17:59
so blender is a freewhare program that can animate 3d files? If it is where can i download it?

Sparing - Loved by many Pefected by few.
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 21:18
I'm afraid we can't download the full version of blender. However, I found an interesting 3D animator at UWdesign. I'll upload the url when I find it - if I ever find it again.

"I need gopher-chucks!!"
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 21:22
Why not try openFx its open source and can animate
http://www.openfx.org/news/index.php

JimB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:24:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:24:18