Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Trying to make an FPS game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 05:51
Hmmm. I have a clue but i dont know, also your email?
Also why not Iron Rendetion or Steel Rendetion or jsu Rendetion for a name?

There must be another way

Rendetion a farcry from DarkGDK
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 09:01
My email is in the little thing at the bottom of each of my posts, but anyways, it's

brettsnow [at] earthlink [dot] net

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 18:28
still having looking around issues? you have dark basic pro?

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 04:27
Quote: "still having looking around issues? you have dark basic pro?"

yes and yes.

I've made another video showing some progress, and have some more updates, that will be put into video form shortly

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VSnYTDIs_MM

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 07:14
pathetiengine? <geesh> ... (walks away, towel tossed in ... shaking head in disbelief)

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 07:40
Quote: "pathetiengine? <geesh> ... (walks away, towel tossed in ... shaking head in disbelief)"

What? It's pathetic, I can admit to it.

Anyways, new video, collision partway working.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tQNSopOjOag

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 09:52 Edited at: 24th May 2008 09:53
Not sure I follow, a byte is a data type and does not have a base, it just represents a maximum of 256 possible combinations. You can represent these 256 possible values in base 10 as I just did by saying it has a maximum of 256 combinations, or in hex by saying it has a maximum of FF combinations, or in binary 11111111. As hex is base 16, it can represent a maximum of 16 unique configurations for a single character 0-9-A-F, in binary you require 4 bits to represent 16 different combinations, thus a byte can be represented in hex using 2 characters, 3 in decimal. The maximum value of 255 in any channel in an 8Bit Per Channel surface format arises from each channel's range values being zero-based values, so instead of being 1-256, they are 0-255.

[edit] Well I didn't see the 2nd page, ah well.

Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 08:09
Technically yes... A byte isn't a numeral system but Jason in his document was trying to explain 256 possible combinations thru it because it was n00b oriented... Right?... Jason?... Well at least I think he was... I'm not sure... You can ask him if you want...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 15:13
yeah - more or less - Dark Coder posted before seeing the second page - I don't think he was having a major objection to the document or anything - hardly - I think he saw page one - and not our following page 2 - that's all.

My "wording" isn't always spot on - I'm self taught - and I was saying "boolean" way wrong for years. I was practicing 1st normal form, 2nd normal form, 3rd, and even rarely 4th and 5th normal form before I knew what it was called - I just did it because it made sense.

That document I actually wrote for a bunch of college students all taking medicine - soon to be doctors and scietists - because they were taking a course for bioinformatics. (Study of Genes, and using computers to extract data such as patterns in genome arrangements etc. and between different and like species) Well...

They use Perl for this because its a great language for doing text manipulation... "ABDJABCASFG.." <---sample of what their data looks like.

Well - that document was created out of necessity, my girl friend of the moment was in that class and I wrote the document for her and for the class to share.

It was what they needed to "get it" and helped them understand alot of their assignments going forward and I got a lot of thanks for writing that little doc.

I tried to be spot on - I definately conveyed a few key points they were having trouble understanding....

So... that's my story and I'm sticking with it

blablaguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey im new and im also trying to make a FPS, but i dont know how to make gravity... if the camera looks up and moves forward he can go up and fly...

i've tried

but that makes you always stay at that level. that means when there is slopes or stairs i the player cant go up... can any1 help me?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 23:26:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 23:26:52