Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / i need advanced help! (raven vegeta see it) ;)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah, iam progresing very well with dark basic pro, iam mading a game of the style of "Devil may cry" ,but i have this problem:

i make the model using 3d max 4.2 and character studio 3.4, for me
the fastest way of animate a model, and i have a direct x export plugin, all correct; i created a model, textured it,
created the biped, apply phisique and changed the envelopes and the vertex from rigids to deformables and maked and animation. all going good, i have my model animated and ok

but here is the problem: how i can export these animation to a format that dbpro can load it? because if i export to .3ds or directly to .x , the file exported dont conserves the biped animation, only a few points moves... i have to use another modificator from 3d max? (skin?¿) or another plugin to export the model?...

[img]g:\screen.jpg[/img]please, some help
thanks
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 00:19
i thought Char Studio 3.4 was Max5 only :\ how odd...
anyways, export as MD3 using Pop'n'Fresh (version 6) - it will retain all the data you require it too, may not be quite as small as X however its the only format i know for sure on exporting and will work perfectly within DarkBasic Pro.
If you need to find the plugin search [url]www.maxplugins.de[/url] or [url]www.polycount.com[/url]

Also is it always wise to make the model
Mesh -> Rig -> Animate Test -> UV Map -> Texture -> Fully Animate

this allows you to check if there are animation problems that will arise before you UV Map, because you will either not go back and edit the mesh which will look odd or edit the mesh and need to reMap which is very time consuming

Also I'd suggest once you've finished rigging and setting up the modifiers, use the Quad Menu to "Edit Mesh" again to leave the modifier menu blank. Make sure it is through the Quad Menu and not the Modifier list, as this can solve alot of problems you face - but will also delete all Undo levels so be sure you've finished!

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the fast reply raven vegeta
of course! c. studio 3.4 its in 3d max 5, i missed
i have the c.studio that ecomes with max 4.25sp1 and
the update of the web page of discreet.

now the important:
i installed the version 6.1 of the md3 exporter,
exported the model,and i have these 2 problems:
1) when exporting, the plug says this error message
"THERE WAS NO ONE TO ONE CORRESPONDENCE WITH TEXTURE VERTICES AND TRUE VERTICES, UWV MAPPING MAY CONTAING ERRORS"
why? ... it exported =
2)BUT This IS THE WORST, in dbpro, when loading the md3 object, the program crash and return to dark basic pro programing mode, why??

how the md3 have to be loaded? i have all the files (textures, etc...) in the same directory

thanks

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 01:49
oh yeah... kinda forgot to mention
MD3 doesn't allow for single vertex with multiple UV points, so each vertex even if it is a box you cannot weld once you've mapped it.

might sound stupid but thats how it works, its MD3 not the exporter
the annoying thing is that the MD3 will not have any textures on it but you can still use the textures if you tell them yourself ... which is a problem with the exporter as it doesn't specific properly within the .qc temp file.

now although it'll leave seems, you'll have to make sure that each section of the model you map is detached as an object. them attach them all again to make a single mesh.

this probably makes little sense... i'll see about working up a quick tut to explain

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
ok,now i understand how the texturing works in md3, but
dbpro crashed if i try to load a md3 model, why? how i have to load the model? or it crash because i didnt atached the objects of the model to make a single mesh?

thanks for the reply

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 20:47
checkout the otherpost about all this... kinda baffling me, as MD3 was loading - but since i updated to demo2 now they come up with an error

makes about as much sense as an inflatable dartboard!!
ho hum... as i've mentioned, gonna ask one of the guys towork on an exporter

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah, thanks,i have a last question for you raven,and is
the most important!

i saw the other post, and i cant be in stand by, waiting for a converter

correct me if this is NOT the only way of have a animation created with character studio, working OR IF IT IS INCORRECT:

A) USE 3D STUDIO MAX 4.0 + CHARACTER STUDIO 3.1
B) DOWNLOAD THE PLUGIN OF THE DX SDK 8.1 TO EXPORT
TO DIRECT X FORMAT WITH ANIMATION
C)CREATE A MODEL, TEXTURE IT,APLY PHYSIQUE,MAKE AN ANIMATION
AND ADJUST THE VERTEX TO BE CORRECT IN THE MOVEMENTS
D) AFTER THIS,HIDE THE BIPED,SELECT ALL THE PARTS OF THE MODEL AND IN THE MODIFICATORS PANEL, PRESS THE BUTTON OF "MAKE UNIQUE" for COMBINE ALL THE OBJECTS AND HAVE THE MODIFICATOR SCREEN EMPTY
E) AT LAST, EXPORT TO .X

IS IT THE WAY? I CANT TRY BECAUSE I HAVE WIN XP AND MAX 5 AND WHEN I EXPORT, IT GIVES A WINDOWS ERROR AND CLOSES MAX,
IT SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM OF MAX5, i have to install 4.0, but
you can reply me first if this way works?
it is the way that you use?

very very very very thanks raven

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 03:10
well i actually oftenly use the exporters the guys here create... if there is an option i require they just edit the code and i get the option i need

as far as DirectX goes, i've used many of the exporters - all from microsoft and for some reason they're all bloody different...
however as far as animation goes as i've never been really in the position to use X i'm not entirely sure to the problems faced - as basically oftenly for characters unless the exporter is actually within Max i export as MD3 or alike and load within Milkshape, finish animating and exporting within it ... really gotta say never had a single problem with X and Milkshape from the begining

I'm not aware of what Max5 is like either as we still have 4.26 here at work and i use 4.2 at home (can't be bothered to upgrade until they sort out my broadband!)

Once i get home i'll try that out... if i have any time, still got a big project i'm working on right now.

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, you can give me a solution? because i tried the dx sdk 8.1 plugin witch max 4.2 + win xp and when exports, it crashed and if i export to md3, in milk shape it didnt conserve the animation...

how can i export the animation maked with character studio to a format that dbpro can load the animation?

i am lost...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 00:37
could always try md2 - from my knowlage that works

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, i will try, but db pro dont load md2, i can convert it to half life mdl with milk shape, this format is ok for db pro. i will try and i coment the results

thanks

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 11:57
i could look into making an importer for md2... quite a nice simple format

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
i tried , and i have 1 good notice and 2 bad

the good, with the plugin to export to md2 (his name is qip or same) i can finally export the textures and the character estudio animation. all ok

the bads, first, db pro load the object, but when the camera shows the object in screen, it crashed; and the other bad is that milkshape import the md2, but dont the animation, i have to reconvert this md2 to half life mdl that seems to be the only format that loads ok

some ideas?

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
i used deep exploration 2, it is a freat program! now
i have all the 20 frames of a basic animation in 20 direct x files working ok!

how now i can merge all this in one object?

i tried using this

and i see the object textured correctly, but it isnt animated, i am very close to solution it, please
raven vegeta, i think that you know how to make a object from diferrent .x files

thanks

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 23:56
i think the command is ammend animation object,animobject
or is it attach animation ... well one of them will take the animation you've made and attach the frames only to the end

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
i tryed, attach and append object animation ,appears in the menu but these commands are obsolete, dont run; the only is append object, and it gives the error
"can not append to object in line xxx" ,and the .x files
are all = ,all are from the same "serie"

pardon me for the insistence, but if i cant make an animated model... i cant make anything for my game!

i am going to cry ;(

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 05:46
hmm... seems odd, but don't worry just started work quickly on an MD2 importer/animator -
for darkbasic enhanced, however as i'm using memblocks should translate perfectly into Pro (i'll test before release thou )

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, i will work in the level... when (+ or -) you will have it?

thanks, you are making a great job for the comunitty!

pd: (how is going your game?)

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
shit shit shit!

i have finded a posible solution in http://www.pandasoft.demon.co.uk/directxmax4.htm

it is a plugin for max 4.2 and 5 that exports all the animation (included character studio and bones )
to a single .x file, i tested it and db pro loads ok and plays the animation, the problems are that the uv coordinates dont export correct 100% (95% of course,but can be edited in another program to correct them )
and that a animation of 30 frames in max, with the plugin... EXPORTS AN ANIMATION OF 5000 FRAMES! and in dbpro the animation of course, goes in "slow motion"

RAVEN, can you see it? there are some way to play the animation smoothly in dbpro ,skipping frames for example?

thanks! we are very close to a solution...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 03:19
erm you know max is only defualt to 30frames... you want more rightclick on the play button and add extra.
As for the interpol playback, really upto you to figure as i'm unsure to DBpros animation setup - so many commands recognised but not used, is actually getting annoying.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 05:19
why didnt you say "DarthPuff help" im going to cry... oh wait im not popular BUT I HAVE BEEN AROUND LONGER THAN RAVEN... sigh

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 06:47
lol... longer than Raven maybe, but ShadowRobert - hehee think no

anyways, if you can help then help - otherwise, probably explain why there wasn't a cry out for your name :p

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
i wait for your convertor raven

dont fight! jeje

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2002 15:22
my heads spinning...

I don't have a sig, live with it.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 07:24
see manic was left out too... and are you older than madman1003 i think now TAKE THAT *ooohhh in da back wasnt watchin oooooooooooooooooh*

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 07:51
hahaa... oh trust me ShadowRobert is considerablly older than most peeps here

i'm trying to finish this coverter or... something having a little trouble with texture colour conversion for memblock use thoug, wonder if anyone knows
16bit true colour into 16bit high colour?

i mean i've been checking over the RGB() command, and found that i haven't a clue what it is comming back with - because the final total should equal a 24bit colour total right?

well for some reason when i bitshift a 24 bit value into an interger ... i get some freaky ass negative number which i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it hits the max number that the intergers can handle, however even into a float it doesn't come back right!

if i try into a 16bit value what comesback is similar to the RGB() however ... there is a compound discrepincy of the values - which says to me it isn't 16bit either.

even in a 16bit value - True Colours 4million colours and High Colours 65535 colours are still considerablly different!

really need help with this, can't find any stupid conversion tables anywhere on the net for it either - and i'm kinda getting close to fully piss'd off with it and can't think striaght

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 09:52
float = 1.2e-38 to 3.4e38 thats 4 bytes
long int = -2147483648 to 2147483648 ... also 4 bytes...
double = 2.2e-308 to 1.8e308 ... thats 8 bytes... try using either a long long or a double... or can you do a long double??? i dunno i forget... wait a minute... there is a 16 bit true color???... i thought it was 32bit true color... uh heres converting 24 to 16... just reverse the process... http://www.gameprogrammer.com/archive/html/msg06226.html
i hope this helps... i remember doing something like this a long time ago with directx (its kinda hard to read)

Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 11:13
i might be older than lots of people, but it doesn't mean i'm any smarter for it, theres newbies on RTG with more posts than me.

Manic

I don't have a sig, live with it.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 21:44
lol nice for you manic... anyways back to the matter in hand

8bit 256 colour - 0 to 256 (256^1)
16bit high colour - 0 to 65535 (256^2)
16bit true colour - 0 to 4million (256^2.75)
24bit true colour - 0 to 16million (256^3)
32bit true colour - 0 to 4kmillion(256^4) (which i think is a billion but not sure)

anyways regardless of what they are... kinda need to know howto swap 'em about - preferablly with bitshifting as that tends to be the easiest method of getting values for me - quite quick too

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2002 03:23
ugh let me do some research =)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 23:35:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 23:35:44