Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3DS Max Help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 01:48 Edited at: 9th Jul 2003 02:57
I remade my Enterprise model and want to texture it but 3ds max is a b**tard and is really difficult what else could i use i hear lithunwrap is good but dont know the link.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 05:15
Lith Unwrap works identically to 3DMax4's unwrapper so i doubt you'd find it much more help, and Max5 has a bloody amazing Unwrapper.

you could try [url=http://www.chilliweb.co.uk]chilliskinner[/url which is pretty good.
there was a remake of the Max5 one for Max4 i'll try to find it in my back archives of polycount.

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 05:35
Do i need to use all the uvw modifiers in max to get the texture placed right or just the unwrap uvw?

lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 05:38
oh and can i use multiple textures cos that would be easier by this i mean have the hull texture on the bottom then on top of that could i have the windows, registration and name on a layer above the hull layer?

not sure if this will make any sense!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 12:16
... Max Skinning (how i do it) generally goes like this ...

select the surface i want to skin, UVW Map Modifier and set a basic map, then Unwrap UVW Modifier to edit it into fit in the map right.

try to make sure the major sections of the model line up, and no you can't have multiple UV Maps per object only per model - if you need to use another map select the faces you need as a seperate map and detach them as a seperate object.

this is a limitation in the Dx/3DS/MD3/MD2/MDL formats
if you need to create decal maps, then you'll have to do this either as part of a seperate map and use the "detail mapping" function or just combine with the texture itself. eitherway you'll get the same result.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 11:48:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 11:48:11