Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / physic & AI - Challenges

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 15:07 Edited at: 20th Aug 2008 15:20
@ bergice
ok that looks like fun hope you don`t mind but I put up as the opening post to this page.

whats the time limet on this? a mounth again?

the youtube video was most helpfull, nice tuch.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 21:23
Lets say a month, yes

PRObably only gonna be you and me tough

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:12 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2008 21:16
thats ok I can live with that, I`ll post as soon as Im done.

I`v set it to start from 20th Aug to the 20th Sep, hope thats ok by you.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 20:59
here is the start of my make it your self Rube goldberg thingy, it needs some work, like being able to change the size of objects and how thay work in the chaine.

I plan to make it like a domino chaine, I hope I can get it done.

I`ve had to put my fps controls on hold to do this Rube goldberg, but my fps control is coming soon.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 00:33
make it your self Rube goldberg ray casting, its not the same as whats above be cos I havent intgrated them together yet.

here is a link to my ray cast with mouse cursor control.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=136675&b=30

I`v done it like this be cos of an nvidia comp entery for 2008 by dark code, who help me to come up with this mouse control.

all hail Dark Coder.
to quote the transformer movie, you have to respect Japanese they know the way of the samurai.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2008 19:33
found this link if you need more ideas

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1728988/genuine_from_typical_japan_anti_stress_guaranteed/

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 20:51
nice one HowDo, that video was a lot of help thanks.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 22:43 Edited at: 19th Sep 2008 22:51
here is an image of what my Rube goldberg maker looks like, I`m posting this be-cos I havent fished it yet.

I`v just go to the point where you can edit object size, position, & rotation, I guess I`ll have to post it with out this function working which is a shame, be-cos it limits how this Rube goldberg maker works.

all object are made with there physic working, and to edit the object scale, position, and rotation.

the physic are deleted on the selected object so that editing can take place, as soon as editing is done the physic will kick in again.

I used raycasting and an object picker to position the physic object maker at the same loction as the mouse cursor, which meens you can move the camera around, and the ray object stays with the mouse cursor.

I got the idea from the (nvidia comp 2008 entery from DarkCoder), he used simula metherd of raycast, for his entery.

so to darkcoder I say thanks, and to any one else who help with ideas thanks to.

I will post my code as soon as I`m done, I know I`ll miss the dead line but it will be much more worth it in the long run and I can make it look a bit more pretty.

thanks again ever one who helped.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 23:53
ok I have more image`s of my Rube goldberg maker

hope you like them

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 02:35
ok here it is my (RUBE GOLDBERG MAKER V 1.0) this is a cool peace of code, even if its not well coded and its a bit of a mess lol.

hope ever one likes it, the object editers not quite what I wonted it to be, but here it is I`ll post updates of this code as well as giving it a post of its hone.

I havent added cloth or joints to the object libery yet, but I will in latter versions of this.

if any one has any ideas then post a way, I may add them.

by the way the gun was just a extera, I don`t expect you peps to use it wile you are making rube goldberg maps.

pause physics
rotate objects
scale objects
position objects
make object
delete object
mouse cursor to raycaster interface
swichable objects
height meeter
objects name / ID can be used as a loading string if needed
etc

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 22:43
@ bergice
this comps over and I`m the only one who posted again, so I guess its my turn to make a chanllenge.

@ any one
should I post a new challenge or should I give up the ghost?

If there is any one who wonts to come up with a new challenge then feel free to post one.

I would like to see some of the more hardened coder to come up with some thing for this challenge.

thanks to every one who helped out with ideas on the Rube goldberg challenge.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 00:34
I got a challenge that might get a few joining in, all you have to do is make a spinning top.

1. it must spin.
2. a way to lauch it.
3. can be more that one top.

so what do you think.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 21:28
Ok I like the sound of that, how long do you wont the challenge to run for?

HowDo most challenges have gone for a month so let me know how long you wont it to run for as soon as pos

thanks for your contribution HowDo and I hope you will also add a littal something in the way of an entery to this challenge.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 13:06
I think will give this a month until we have something that works or we have a two horse race.

so give it till 5th November.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 21:25 Edited at: 5th Oct 2008 21:38
ok it sounds good I`ll edit the frount page with the new detals,
the 5th it is.

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 00:13 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 00:47
Sorry for not being here, but i am really busy for the time doing stuff.

I am actually working on a rube goldberg creator now.

Made a video on youtube but its uploading, its really low quality video but it should be ok i guess

[EDIT]

Omg, quality is worse than i thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjOvZuYH1c

http://bergice.blogspot.com/ << Please enter my blog and click ads
Demos,Examples,Tutorials,Portfolio
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 01:40
low quality thats an under statement lol.

how long have you bin working on it?

could you show some screen shots or add a higher res video to the post

I`ve stop work on my rube goldberg maker at the mo so I can do this challenge with HowDo, but my rube goldberg maker is going to have a compleate overhaul, so it may not work or look the same when I`m done.

I will add screen pics of it when I`m done, bergice what did you use to record your video? and dose it do a higher res?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 12:24 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 13:00
Well I have a top but getting ti to spin is driving nuts.

edit
progress it starting to spin.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 19:32 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 23:42
HowDo I just looked at your code and I like the model you made for your spining top I like how it work to, I didn`t think of using phy add rigid body force, I may have to test this out latter.

Quote: "but getting it to spin is driving nuts"

I had the same problem at 1st but I`ve got my head around it now.

I used linear velocity and angular momentum to control my spining and moving, and I`m still trying to get the collision sistem to work on more then one object, thats whats driving me round the bend.

I don`t like physic collisions I loath them.

Edit

got the collision system to work on 1000 object you`ll see how I did this by looking at the code

Edit

I still think this needs more work, so I`m going to plod on.

HowDo try using

insted of

it works a lot better for physic sim, i.e when two object hit each other, and for the physic collision system, the convex way takes less time to load so you can get on with it in the midal of your program loop, and there is no slow down and the fps stay high.

Edit

ok I`ve fixed one or two of the bugs in my SP project

let me know if you find any more bug`s or error`s.

Serge Adjo
Years of Service
User Offline
hi! w00w ! da big challenge, I'm in !

if you call me an idiot/retard again, ill stick my finger in your mouth, and [B]i have a really dirty finger[/B], you don't want it in there! -an anonymous &really dirty fingered one!( ROFL!)-
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 20:46
I used the mesh as this the only one that does not put a square box around the object for physx to work with, tryed convex but it would not fall over.

Yours is looking good, like how you've got them spinning and how they wobble the correct way. the collision system looks like it getting there, if you found that bit in chm file it will tell you to use the while system to check every thing a a for next loop will take a long time to get to it.

Doing this one way of working what commands can do what yeh!

Who knows with a bit more coding you could have the spining top battle game that was made in 60s or 70s.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 21:11 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 22:32
I was thinking about make a battle game with it, as for the collision systam I used if/endif be cos I was testing the water so to speek, I will chang it back to while/endwhile at a later date.

ok so your using mesh`s, but you could use

with a convix and I think your object would fall over, but I could be wrong.

Edit

@HowDo
just tested your spining top model in my sp project and it will fall over with a convix just as long as you use the offset local code

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 22:26
@Serge Adjo

can`t wait to see what you come up with

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 02:39
HowDo how is the spinning top coming along?

Serge Adjo have you come up with any thing yet?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 12:08
been updating pro so it working not working, show something when I get beta 8 loaded.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 13:07 Edited at: 16th Oct 2008 13:37
Well Beta 8 killed the mesh system , so had to find some other way so capsule comes to play, after it been spun it will fall over!.

press return to make many tops and space to spin them.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 14:02
nice I love how they move now, keep up the good work.

I need to do work work to my spinning top project befor I post an update.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2008 14:49
now in few colors plus what a fight when there 500 in the box!

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 00:40
I like the colour of your spinning top nice, as for the 500+ fight thats jokes haha.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 11:14
ok I think we need some one else to come up with a new challenge for the 6th of November, anless HowDo bergice or even are newbe Serge Adjo wont to add a new one.

so what dose ever one think?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 13:14
fireworks? 5th?

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 00:27
thats your segestion, fire works? lol, not to bad idea.

we are having a barbacque a big bombfire and fireworks on the 5th, which is cool, and on the 6th I'll guess I'll be working on vertuial firework show, wahahahahaha.

HowDo I think we should call it 50 points each for the spining top project, and you should get 15 points extra for being the 1st to go three pages on the physic & AI challenge.

what do you say mate?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2008 20:59
just for fun!

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2008 20:47
haha thats jokes

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 22:59
just an up date of my spinning top project

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 23:03
I think the next challenge is going to be fireworks I'll post up the details of this challenge on the 1st page.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 15:22
well that it boys and girls its time to call it a day on this challenge post, thanks to ever one who joined in I hope you all had a bit of fun.

I may start a new challenge post here some time next year, I hope to see some old faces and some new ones to, best of luck on all your projects and hope to see you all again.

your's
Sindore

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 10:30:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 10:30:41