Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2d Ext. Kit

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all,

I have doing some 2d projects lately, and really had success with them. Now I've been reading up on tile based games, so those might be the basis for my next projects. I've also read up on the "2d Extension Kit," and it looks really good. Yet I would rather save money if writing my own tiling algorithms are just as easy, and would get me the same result. And as far as I know, there's no demo to try it with.

What's the consensus here?
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 04:23
I don't think its worth it to buy the 2D Extension Kit if all you're going to use is the tile system. I think you could do that easily enough by yourself.

Why don't you try making your own first and see if you get anywhere?

Los Mineros are back in progress!
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 16:38 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 16:39
Hello,

You're maybe speaking of : "2DPluginKIT" ?
If it's the case, you have a small SHOOT EM UP demonstration available at the bottom of the product page:
http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=2dplugin

Direct link for the demonstration :
http://files.odyssey-creators.com/2dpk/2DPlugKIT%5BShootDEMO%5D.zip

Regards,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Raptor King
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments!

Freddix,

I downloaded the demo before I posted this, but an error popped up about "d3dx9_31.dll". Does that mean my Direct X is not updated, or something else?
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2008 20:33
Exactly.
Try to download the version available here :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77bc0499-19d0-46b6-a178-033d9e6c626b&DisplayLang=en

When you run the demo you'll get a popup saying an error ... it's normal Click ok and the demo'll run

Regards,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Raptor King
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool demo!

Thanks for all your help on answering my question. Yet I would like to ask...Anyone else bought this kit and can review it?
JMS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 04:43
I have been wondering the same thing as well. I would be very interested in this if it could do what I needed, but I've never seen all that it can do.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 14:01
Yes I know this is old but I'm on the verge of buying the 2DKit and wondered is it worth it? Does it make it easier to create 2d games as I'm new to DBPro. Are there any problems with it? Does it work ok on Vista Home Premium? Do the help files go in depth? Are there any tutorials?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 19:04:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 19:04:03