Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V111 BETA - Public Test

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 00:14
I do not think I got your email, or perhaps my reply did not reach you, try again at lee@thegamecreators.com and don't use any attachments just in case for the first email.

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 01:08
Nothing was attached. but ok. give me 2 minutes.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Quick question.

When FPS Creator V1.11 is finished, will the migration for FPS Creator V2 start?
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 07:35
I think most everybody is figuring that Lee will start on the migration after v1.11 is released. At least we all are hoping.

** We are not Alone **
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 08:11 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 08:19
MMMMMMM...I love the smell of ragdoll in the morning...downloading latest beta now Lee!

Visual Game Studio Express Lead Programmer.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 18:44
BETA8 Uploaded. Enjoy!

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 23:44
BETA8?

I didn't even see feedback for BETA7!

At least Lee's not stopping for a rest with this. Great work!

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Alden
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 23:55
After I installed beta 8 my creator says that i'm using the free version and it won't let me build executables or even test my games. was this ment to happen? how can i fix it? I paid for this program!

Alden Pease

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If anyone sees FREE in their titlebar, it means V111 cannot find your serial code which means it was wiped out at some point. You can solve this easily by making a backup of your important files then reinstalling FPSC. If you prefer to solve this manually, find your serial code from the FPSC CD case and enter it exactly in the USERDETAILS.INI file where indicated. If it still does not work, email me at lee@thegamecreators.com and I will investigate."
Alden
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 00:23
My code is there, I'll email Lee.

Alden Pease
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 01:21
I have a gut feeling that v1.11 is about to be released officially. But then again, maybe not.

Since the issue with frame rates keep coming up, this is an email I had gotten from Lee and thought I would share part of it:

Quote: "Characters are slow in X9 given the computation of collision they perform constantly. There is an FPI you can use in the INIT AI field called 'appearnofloorlogic.fpi' which will make them use a reduced impact collision scheme . . ."

I believe the key word is "constantly." This is why the FR increases as the "enemy" is destroyed in the level. It might even help speed things up as you destroy the entities by making the entities actually disappear.

I haven't really tested 'appearnofloorlogic.fpi' yet but I seem to remember this being discussed somewhere and this may give us a temporary reprieve. However, we might also see improvement in the migration version depending on certain decisions made by Lee.

** We are not Alone **
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 17:48
Well, I tried to test the difference in FPS between appear1.fpi and appearnofloorlogic.fpi but I ran into a problem.

I made a quick level with 12 small rooms connected by halls and placed 12 characters with uzi's. I then roamed around the level as long as I could before dying to see if there was a measurable difference in FPS between the two scripts. I also gave them the chase.fpi script to make sure they would be doing something that required collision checking.

Even though the characters were set to always active, no more than two would attack me when they were using the appearnofloorlogic.fpi script. Even if I killed those two, the rest just stood around and would not attack. Game over.

When using the appear1.fpi script, most of the characters attacked and chased me immediately and continuously. In fact, I could not make it back around to see if any who were not active would become active. Of course my FPS suffered terribly but the characters responded well.

I tried this 3 times with the same results. Any thoughts?

Best.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 18:34 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2008 18:34
Hi,

Quote: "I made a quick level with 12 small rooms connected by halls and placed 12 characters with uzi's. I then roamed around the level as long as I could before dying to see if there was a measurable difference in FPS between the two scripts. I also gave them the chase.fpi script to make sure they would be doing something that required collision checking."

I've just tried a similar test, 6 rooms connected by corridors, 13 characters and found them all attacking with an average FPS of 27.

Anyone else?
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 18:59
-5 rooms connected by corridors
-10 enemies, 2 in each room
-basic lightmaps
-enemies using darkai script and Vickers weapon
-starting in hallway, the framerate was 16
-when engaging enemies in rooms, the framerate seemed to jump to 26-28
-final framerate is 30
-no entities besides enemies

one level = game's done!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 19:33
Quote: "13 characters and found them all attacking with an average FPS of 27. "

What appear script were they using?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 21:35 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2008 21:38
Quote: "What appear script were they using?"

Appearnofloorlogic.fpi

Just realised that you might have thought there were 13 in one room, that was 13 in total, with 2-3 per room. Although I was being attacked by 4 character with the 27 FPS
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 02:27 Edited at: 4th Jul 2008 02:28
xplosys, try this one, unless you have already. It is one that Lee had used to test it. Download the FPM. It is all stock so this is all you need. There are at least 9 characters that start out in one room. As soon as you hit OK they are in your face. All are attacking. My FR is 18. If I go to another room where they are not located it goes up to 28. Then when I go back into the room where they are it drops to 18. However, that doesn't matter because your too busy fighting them off anyway. Or at least trying to make your way through. Once they are all dead then it jumps to 38. Anyway check it out. If you don't get similar results, I would hate to say it, but would it then be your computer, graphics card or both?

BTW, I just did a complete re-install of FPSC. Deleted everything except the major "banks". Running FPSC v1.11 beta 8

** We are not Alone **

Attachments

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 02:49 Edited at: 4th Jul 2008 03:06
FL, thanks. I'll try it. My issue is not with frame rate. It's with the appearnofloorlogic.fpi. When I use appear1.fpi, all of the characters respond. When I use appearnofloorlogic.fpi, they don't. Either way my frame rate is good, but it's the non responsive characters that I'm questioning.

Best.

Ok, just tried the map on my home computer and I got the same results as you. All of the characters responded well. I'll have to try this map at work tomorrow, (yes, I'm working tomorrow) and hopefully I just did something wrong, because my work computer is much better than this one.

Thanks again.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 12:15
BETA8 will be the official V111 update unless anyone has any crash bomb bugs to report, or severe functional impairment to report. Thanks for your involvement. This version will allow us to officially start approving the music for the store, so you can download and place music transitions in your levels

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 17:10
Thanks Lee. appearnofloorlogic.fpi is working fine.

Do you have, or does anyone know where to find the change log for V1.07? I can't find it on the forum.

Best.

Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
I have uploaded the FPS Creator V1.07 read me. It has a change log in the file.

Attachments

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 20:36
Quote: "V1.0.7 RC4 - 07/08/07
---------------------

* Model Packs can add additional files to the weapon folders. The build game now includes all non TGA files from the weapons folder where required"

Thanks. This was the only entry in there for V1.07. I thought it added/changed more than that.

Best.

wowblobby
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i dont know whats worng but every time i get one of the betas it ask me to put it in a certin file like click on browes the docs hp owner and more crap and i need new update for itt to run properly so anyone know what to do

touch the cat fell my bat
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 09:25
Hey Lee,
Found a bug that's really annoying me!
Whenever I add more than 1 light to my level, then do a test game, it stays at Calculating object light for ages and ages! Usually it freezes whenever it gets past 12, left it for about half an hour, came back and it was still on 15 or something! Anything we can do to fix this?
Thanks,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 09:51
Open your Setup.ini and check what LIGHTMAPQUALITY is set at......

wowblobby
Years of Service
User Offline
yes no maybey

touch the cat fell my bat
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 10:12
Set at 10

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 10:28
Oh, so it's not that then......

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 10:31
It happened after I upgraded from beta 4 to 8

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 12:47
Lee, I've tried this version, and it was waaay too laggy. I tried using the new update with the V108 FPSC-Game, and it runs beautifully. I wonder if you could try beefing up the speed a bit?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 21:25
Lee will need a lot more information than what is being supplied. He needs to be able to duplicate the problem on his computer(s) so that he can trace the problem. Otherwise it can't be fixed and is probably something on the user's end; and, that is the only conclusion he can make. You can also send Lee an email, he will read it and he will then suggest what he needs to help solve the problem.

** We are not Alone **
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 02:21
I can't get very specific. Here is a screen for the level I was using. All I can really say is that the framerate was unbearably slow with the new Beta versions, but when I revert back to V108 it works fine.

Attachments

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 12:58
I might if I get a chance. BTW, I did try reinstalling and it did not help.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 01:05 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 01:09
I have some suggestions while the updates are cranking out-

scriptable weapons (i agree with ply, tho i thought of this on my own)

playerdrop upgrade to allow for better weapon swapping (although this might be fixed)

this goes with my suggestion for playerdrop-

if you drop a weapon, the weapons you still have (and pick up) get pushed back, because currently there is just a space left with the numbers (so no weapon would be assogned to say 1)

-edit- oops, just read that 8 will be the final installment, o well, these are still good migration ideas

I love Jenkins forever :p
Stroggos SW
Years of Service
User Offline
it downgraded my FPSC to the free version!!! and every thing is grey and i cant build my games WTF!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 11:59
The Toasty : Email me a full etst game screenshot so I can see the status texts at the bottom plus FPS rate and version number. Also provide the FPM level you are using so I can test it here. Also send me a shot of the V108 with the FPS rate so I can do a slide by side test. Thanks.

Stroggos SW : Email me directly and I will check out your issues. Remember if you upgrade and get the free version, it is probably because your serial code got wiped out. Try re-installing from your original CD and then apply the upgrade.

Sgt Rampage : Lightmapping will run at different speeds on different configurations. Load the SIMPLE.FPM and let me know how many seconds it takes to calculate the lightmapping section. I will then compare that with what I get.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 12:04
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 19:06
Eyup, i've just got an update window. What is version 1.12.001? What does this one do? i post this whilee there is currently no thread.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
ZbVld
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. Dear administration. You have entered automatic updating, and at me the Internet is connected through a mobile phone and I should break each 18 Mb link and connect again. Since new updating has the size 21,4Мб I cannot download it.
Tell please - whether there is a way to download updating as early versions were downloaded.
The offer - enter into function of automatic updating possibility before loading.
Sorry my English. I from Ukraine.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 12:15
Its fine,
I loaded the auto updater and installed again after downgrading to beta 1, then tried loading my big outdoor terrain map with massive landscapes and it worked perfectly! Awesome job!

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 16:05
I will get the latest update on the official FPSC Site for you, watch this space!

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 17:51
What will be on this space? Is the migration beginning? If so, you really are shooting these updates at us.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 20:15
[dark voice]
This summer, from TGC, comes the FPS Creator migration! All the flexibility of X9 combined with some of the awesome features of X10! It will be good, and you will like it!
[/dark voice]

Your big has been erased by a signature because it was too mod.
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 23:44 Edited at: 8th Jul 2008 23:45
[sarcastic voice]
This summer, from TGC, comes the FPS Creator migration! All the ugliness of X9 combined with the bugs of X10! It will be laggy, and you will LOVE it!
[/sarcastic voice]

(Please don't lynch me)

-Astek Games Developer-
Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 00:08
Ok so tell me if I read this right... On the newsletter, I thought I read that in this update, after you download it, you can run FPSC on Vista?? I dont know if I read this right but I just wanted to see. Is that true??

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 00:16
Yes, you can, as I do.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 00:23
@Ehetyz: LOL! That was.. well almost harsh.

I hope we get the weapons force thing for the migration. I had so much fun setting the value over the limits and watching enemies backflip to their death.

Your big has been erased by a signature because it was too mod.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 00:27 Edited at: 9th Jul 2008 00:29
Ehetyz:

Quote: "[sarcastic voice]
This summer, from TGC, comes the FPS Creator migration! All the ugliness of X9 combined with the bugs of X10! It will be laggy, and you will LOVE it!
[/sarcastic voice]"

Whose bringing the rope!

Just kidding.

We've had two exchange students from Finland who stayed with us for a school year. Only one had a good sense of humor. Maybe I now know 2 from Finland who does. or not?

** We are not Alone **
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 00:38
Quote: "We've had two exchange students from Finland who stayed with us for a school year. Only one had a good sense of humor. Maybe I now know 2 from Finland who does. or not?
"

Well, my teammate Astek has begun calling me a "Douche" because of my sense of humor... So I guess it's more painful than good

-Astek Games Developer-
Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 02:23
So i just downloaded this new update and i tried running fpsc on my Vista comp. and when i double click on the fpsc icon a small window comes up saying "Latest DirectX Not Installed...."
Is the vista compatibilty part not yet put into the Beta?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:17:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:17:48