Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Multiplayer Club!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2008 23:14 Edited at: 6th Jul 2008 22:10

Ok this is NOT spam.
You know FPSC Multiplayer Games? Well due to the fact few people download them rarely is anyone available to play. I thought we could solve all this by having a set time and a set date.
The Website with all the info is the website in my signiture (http://fpsc-mp.co.cc). And this thread could also inform people when we are playing.
I will host the server once a week at a set time (Usally a weekend)
I say when I will host on the website. You download the game and play it at that time!

So this weeks game!
My Game called once again it doesn't have a name. I know foggy!
Screenshot:

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2008 23:30
This is kinda what I was trying to do with the Gunn3r Games tournaments. I like the idea. If you want combine the forces, send me an email...

Gunn3r Games
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 00:00
Add my map!!! It owns

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 00:17 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2008 00:17
I have added your game to be played after the first game. Check the website for more info
Anyway heres a game i am making for next weekend.
Heres some screenshots of it

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 01:25
If this actually works, we should set multiple dates for games. I'm working on two multiplayer maps as we speak, so I might submit one. (or both...)

If it feels good, it's a sin.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 01:32
Yeah nice idea this.

I'm going to make a website specifically aimed at FPSC multiplayer that will allow users to view and download maps aswell as finding other people to play against.

Ideally I would like to make a source code edit that will open a lobby with multiplayer game executables that people can chat in until the host begins a match.

Unfortunately my knowledge of dark basic pro isn't that great so I'll have to see what I can produce using Visual Studio first.

There is almost no FPSC multiplayer activity whatsoever because of no unified way for people to join and find games easily. There needs to an FPSC equivalent of Xbox live (but free of course).
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 01:46
Second. If TGC worked with the community, an official multiplayer hub could be formed.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 02:16
Tee hee... That's kinda what I'm doing with FTW (Opps, let the cat out of the bag too early...Too late now!) http://ftw.spruz.com FTW: Online was kinda my SELFISH project (inspired by the guidance of Kyias), but it's pretty much the same idea... Except WE have one thing you guys don't: A login and ranking system! It basically uses MySQL and DarkBasic to make a database for you to log into and when you get frags (or die) it records it (correlating the PC you logged into with the username/password you logged in with)on a database on our site! It kinda sounds like fluff, but our network guy is great.

Our game is on BETA 4.0, and the system is a little buggy... But maybe by 6.0, or something (No promises) we'll have something tangible (also a top shelf domain and AD support, so we don't have to sell it to make money )...

WAIT... I'M JUST SORT OF RAMBLING!!! THE POINT OF MY POST IS:

When we get the login/ranking system working, I'll share it with the community, so keep bugging me if you don't hear anything about it in a while... but yeah.....................

I love the your idea 5867Dude and if you need ANY help, Wraith is always here!

BTW.... Sorry bout' the shameless plug of my new project

Wraith Games... Play Harder
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 03:34
Wraith, Do you have MSN? I'm like to talk to you about that login thing...

Gunn3r Games
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 04:14
Quote: "Wraith, Do you have MSN? I'm like to talk to you about that login thing... "
Unfortunately, no... But I DO have Yahoo! and my business e-mail (Which I forgot to update on my profile... LOL, let me fix that...) Anyway, it's jay@wraithgames.org Because believe it or not, I design games full-time, so feel free to contact me whenever (Isn't America's commerce structure weird?) Anyway... Yeah...

Wraith Games... Play Harder
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 04:35
Ok. I think I added you to Yahoo twice on accident... Oh well. When ever you sign on, send me a IM. I always have it running.

Gunn3r Games
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys if anyone can agree to host next weekend as i am at glastombury. I am setting off on very-early Thursday so if you want your game being added to the list post it here (before Wednesday around 7pm) WITH the download and i'll add it to the list

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the double post. My Game was made for only 2 people so I am reuploading it with support for more players. So if you have the old version please download the new version.
It can be found here

But its not all bad news. Heres another screenshot of the upcoming FPS Game i'm working on

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 10:48
Looking good, if you want maybe I could make like a "Fpsc MP Game Client" for you if you want, this way people can open it up and download straight away! (and check for updates or something) Well I think it would be cool.

Visual Game Studio Express Lead Programmer.
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 14:50 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2008 16:44
That would be cool Sgt Rampage. Don't feel you must though. It would just be a nice addition.
PS.A forum has been set up at fpscmp.forums4free.org
I need moderators! Anyone who wants to be a mod email me and sign up for the forum

Also get ready, hosting begins in 15 minutes!

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i have already made two multiplayer maps, but they aren't as good as what yours are lol.

http://www.freewebs.com/fpsgames-bkinsman

and then click on download there are two there which are on filefront.com. One is "Scifi-MDM" (MDM = Multiplayer Death Match) and the other is "All Sides MDM". I haven't had much luck at the minute though with the whole playing the game, if it works can someone let me know please.

BJKDAW
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll download em now but i'll host them tommorow at around 6pm GMT. Because no-one else will know about these two games unless they look at the thread now. So i'll host tommorow at 6pm so other people will know about it. Is that ok with you.

Anyway hosting is beginning....now!
No breaks till 5pm from now!
So My Game [un-named] till 4pm then Slayer222's game [A Quick FPS Game] till 5pm!
Get ready to frag!

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2008 17:44 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2008 18:17
Right sorry guys I ended [Un-Named] early because no-one joined in a whole 45 minutes.
Hopefully Slayers game will get a better turn-out
EDIT;After 15 minutes no-one So I disconnected

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 00:54 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2008 00:55
You mean something like www.fpscgames.com? And yes we are working on a client and other features that will not be named yet. Return/rebirth of Lemur V2? Hmmmm.

Indobel
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded slayers game and then i clicked on it and it came up but no one was there, are you there?
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I downloaded slayers game and then i clicked on it and it came up but no one was there, are you there?"

I'm not on now. I was on for 15 minutes until 4:20pm GMT Sunday

Quote: "And yes we are working on a client and other features that will not be named yet. Return/rebirth of Lemur V2? Hmmmm."

I didn't know that site ven exsisted. But a rebirth of Lemur V2 would be great

Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 22:17
Your Logo as requested,
Anyone can use and distribute it or modify it to their sigs etc..

Ooh, a subject close to my heart.

Folks there is nothing I would like more than a sub community devoted to arranging multiplayer games, but I would like to throw a few suggestions into the pool, I used to do a similar thing with Deus Ex MP.

First of all you need a regular day/time in the week to play, don’t force people to visit a site or forum to catch when the next game is, the more regular your games are, the more regular your client. Say for example 6pm every Sunday.

Don’t have games too frequently, you could alienate those with jobs/ families etc.

Get your community to create a SMALL number of DECENT maps, and form a rotation, you could find a way to allow the community to select which maps they want in the rotation.

Lay down solid rules for maps created by your community, for example, size limitations ( world grid ), file size limitations, screenshots, map title, must have 8 players etc..

Have an simple website that’s easy to update, well written and informs everyone of the next game/map on the index page.

Good luck in this, the great thing about a multiplayer game is that you can focus all of your time on one level, and you can work on it to perfection, I would love TGC to take the multiplayer elements and make a dedicated program for it!

Need a quality logo for your website, project or program ?
Head over to Wehtam.co.uk
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 22:36
Hey Urlforce, I just finished signing up on your website, as was commanded of me.

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 22:51 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2008 23:09
Quote: "Lay down solid rules for maps created by your community, for example, size limitations ( world grid ), file size limitations, screenshots, map title, must have 8 players etc.."

Good Idea and thanks for the logo. I it!

Ok I will set down some limitatons.
The world should be 20x20 max as we don't want to have to search a huge area to find each other!
File Size should be kept below 50MB. It can be compressed by either RAR or ZIP. I will re host the game on Rapidshare because:
1.It acts as a mirror
2.Rapidshare is fast at least for me!
Of course if you don't want me rehosting thats fine.
The file hosts I reccomend are:
1.Rapidshare
2.Mediafire
Why?
Because they are very quick!

One screenshot minimun. We want to know what we are downloading quality wise

Quote: "Have an simple website that’s easy to update, well written and informs everyone of the next game/map on the index page."

My website is currently like that. It only has the one page

I suppose you should call it a webpage

EDIT;I may not finish next weekends game.
Logo Problem Fixed. Once again thanks for the logo

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 20:58 Edited at: 24th Jun 2008 21:09
Sorry for the double post. This weekend a game might not be played. My MP game is still very small and FPSC has errors occuring every other second!
Also no-one has yet offered to host.

If someone can supply a game and someone can host by all means go ahead.
I will hopefully finish my game for the weekend after next weekend (the 5th and 6th of July)

EDIT:New Screenshot is out!

Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 22:20
Hi Dude,

Your site is ok, I certainly like how its "to the point" and clear, however there's always room for extras.

Firstly, get the title in there for the banner ( emphasising the brand and community aspect )and have a breif intro to what the club is about, 2-3 well written lines etc.

Have an additional page for map design requirements and guides, then link this to the main page.

Have an additional page for information regarding hosting a game, a Frequently asked Questions maybe ?

Have an additional page which describes the club in depth, you may have visitors who don't own FPS Creator, so a little background story will help here. i.e system requirements for a typical game ?

Make the time/date of the next game to be one of the most prominant items on the front page.

make the forum theme fit to the main page as much as possible, it looks like a completely different site and that's not good.

No one likes to be forced to join ANOTHER forum, so mention it but dont shout it.

On a side note I would be interested to see how many forum go-ers would like to have a successful, regular FPSC MP game going ?

Maybe ask what people would like to have included, what maps do they like ?

Also, why limit the game to one host ? You could say that anyone can host providing they abide to some rules etc..?

Just a few more ideas to think about.

Need a quality logo for your website, project or program ?
Head over to Wehtam.co.uk
OHH DUDE
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 04:35
Can i join a MP game some time?
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes you can. You don't need permision! Although it may not happen this weekend

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
5867Dude and gunn3r... I have Ventrilo Servers which may come in handy when playing matches. Let me know if the services are needed and I can fire one up for you guys. Anything to help the multiplayer get going. Let me know...

TJ

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 07:07
Hey metalkill, what's your email? Better yet, email me... I have a question to ask of your servers...

Gunn3r Games
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 10:43
Ok, ok. I have started the client, I'll give you an email tomorrow, we need to discuss how it looks etc...To tired and need to go to bed, its late over here

Visual Game Studio Express Lead Programmer.
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 18:21 Edited at: 30th Jun 2008 18:21
I'm back!

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 21:49
Hey, Rampage, don't worry about making the client... It is already being done by someone. (or so I've heard)

Gunn3r Games
metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
@gunn3r

Just emailed you... Let me know what is up. All good.

TJ

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 00:24
Sent it right back at ya, man... Hope we can work together.

Gunn3r Games
The Snowman
Years of Service
User Offline
i will be game for this, I will try and make a multi player map from my zombie game me and my bro are making.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is bunny. Copy bunny into your sig and help him on his quest for world domination!
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 18:31 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2008 23:06
Cool. Every game helps!

EDIT:I made a video promoting FPSC MP Club.
View it here

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
you should use lets vidz for uploading videos. High Quality
www.letsvidz.com

Any ways can people submit games?

hey
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Any ways can people submit games?"

Sure, email me a link to your game!

Regarding the website
I know this is stupid but I think it should just be a forum. Weebly is screwed up and I don't have time to make a new website

Also the forum has a new theme! Hope you like it!

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 22:45
May I suggest freewebs? It's easy to get a website up and it has tons of features (forum and blogging included)

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 23:49 Edited at: 5th Jul 2008 00:07
Yeah I considered that. Althugh I will definatly keep the forum with fourms4free. Freewebs forums are to me cheap, nasty and look bad. Plus I would lose all the posts! Even though its not much

EDIT:Made the site at freewebs. See it here

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 00:16
hey, i don't often post here but i've been lurking recently...
anyway, Do you want me to make a site? Email me or something if you do.
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I already have a website. Granted its a crap freewebs one but it'll do. Thanks for the offer though

Quote: "hey, i don't often post here but i've been lurking recently..."

Have you ever posted in here

eekish
Years of Service
User Offline
So every time a new map comes i just download it and im ready for a match?
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 23:53
I like the way you\'ve laid it out. Simple and consise, yet informative. Not bad...

CDrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 02:04
It may not be much now but I know that the fpsc multiplayer forums will rule the world someday

No sig, no brain!

-> fpscmp.forums4free.org <-
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 17:41 Edited at: 6th Jul 2008 17:42
I stopped hosting as no-one else joined after 30 minutes

Promote FPSC Multiplayer Club!
Please it you wish to support FPSC Multiplayer Club and one of these to your sig

Image (Links to Main Website)

Image (Links to Forum)

Text (Links to Main Website)
FPSC Multiplayer Club!

Text (Links to Forum)
FPSC Multiplayer Club Forum!
Join now

Cheers,
5867Dude

CDrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 20:14
*cough* remember to *cough* *cough* play *cough* my game *cough* so visit the forums to play the game which took me abut 5 seconds to make...

-> [href]fpscmp.forums4free.org[/href] <-

CDrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 20:17
sorry for double post but. when are the games today. when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when when? I don't want to miss out this time.

-> [href]fpscmp.forums4free.org[/href] <-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:33:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:33:58