Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2008 20:08 Edited at: 28th Jun 2008 20:10
You will get this error on any graphics card unless you have the latest video card drivers from nVidia.
You must also have installed the DBP 6.9 update and the 8.6.12 PhysX drivers.

Ad Astra Per Asper
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2008 20:29
does that mean it only works on nvidia systems?
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2008 21:12
I guess so, but that may change in the near future..

Ad Astra Per Asper
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2008 21:46
that sucks, so what am I meant do now be cos they have removed the old updates, and I need them to keep working.

If its not sorted in the next day or so I may have to sue them, lol.
but this is not no. how am I meant to keep on working on my project with out old bate 1.4?

now I installed bdp update 6.9 & PhysX 8.6.12 updated

last time I changed d3dx-something .dll and that fixed it but this time nothing I try works.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 03:20 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 03:22
Sorry to cause any confusion.
Just to be clear, I am only referring to nVidia type video cards.
Here are a couple of links for the AMD folks to consider.

http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content-view-38137-135.html

http://www.amdzone.com/index.php/news/video-cards/52-video-cards/9773-amd-physx-support-with-cuda-adoption

Ad Astra Per Asper
PEH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 05:15
Ok so let me get this straight they finally get an update that has updated help files but here's the catch: You have to have to have an Nvidia card in order to run it. but we won't tell you that you have to figure it out!! which means installing all the latest drivers so that nothing will work at all with dark physix making that money you spent on this is now totally wasted!!! Muahahaha The Game Creators will rule the world after they steal all our money

Ok so now that I am partially vented, seriously, how do we fix this? I get the same nvcuda.dll error with all examples and the demos that come with the physx drivers just end and send me to an nvidia site where none of the links work
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 12:29
thats all well and good if you have an AMD card, but I`v never needed my graphics card to do this work before.

and I fear that my modile intel(R) card that I`v get on my laptop is not up to the job.

I have a AMD Radeon 9100 at lest I think thats what its called, in my PC, but don`t wont to have to do this again.

only for it not to work on that ever, plus I don`t use my PC be cos I use my laptop for my coding, be cos I have no fixed abode.

and as you can guess, I don`t have the money to just go out and buy a gaming laptop, or a dogs beep of a graphics card.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 14:37
but 6.9 is completely broken.... I don't want to install that.

Does this mean my phyx card now is a worthless pile of junk now? The only reason I bought it was so I could create hardware compatible games.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 15:12
Chenak, if you still have the Nvidia Physics drivers installed, have you gone to control panel and clicked Nvidia Phyxs icon and looked at the setting tab and clicked the diagnostic button.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
nvcuda.dll should only be needed in HARDWARE mode.

on ATI cards, Physx should be set to run in SOFTWARE mode.
Twisted Steel Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 16:31
It works fine here... I have an NVIDIA card that DOESN'T support CUDA, so it's not an issue anywhere.

6.9 has some issues... but they'll be fixed soon enough. Newest DP fluids don't work... but other than that everything is fine.

Take a backup of your stuff and reinstall everything will probably fix it.

Meh... The Speed doesn't make Comcast good...
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 21:50
Quote: "nvcuda.dll should only be needed in HARDWARE mode.
"

Thats true, but I was getting the CUDA error in software mode until I updated my graphics card drivers, which is why I posted in the first place.

Ad Astra Per Asper
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
To return to the prior version you should simply be able to do a restore to prior to the "upgrade"

I have a card that is officially supported for Cuda but because it is a proprietary system. I have to wait for Apple to upgrade my drivers.. if ever.

6.8 now works and my Nvidia Physx driver is 2.8.1 but it does support fluids in software. Far beter fluids than in my old system with a PPU

Hope this is helpfull to someone

Codger

p.s. To ATI users do you really expect thay Nvidia will not take advantage of thier control of the physica engine. That is the reason they bought Ageia

System
MacBook Pro
Windows XP Home on Boot Camp
enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 19:07
I bought an Asus P1 PhysX PCI card... do you think they want to piss off Asus as well? probably one of nvidias customers...

and my ati gfx card has nothing to do with physx since it's run by the P1 card... so they BETTER fix it...

- enderleit
[href]www.eleit.dk[/href]
Fitz marc ade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 19:16 Edited at: 25th Aug 2008 19:17
I've found that that CUDA is only available for certian NVIDIA graphics cards! Also you need latest Graphics card driver and Physix driver Installed as well as latest DBP update. A list of supported cards can be found here -> http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=132398&b=30

Also if you have 64 bit OS, or you need the CUDA driver then you need to select the OS for it here -> http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_get.html

However if you wish to use Physix with DBP and Dark physics, and don't have an NVIDIA or CUDA supported GFX card. Then Update DBP to latest update and latest Graphics card driver. Then get Physix driver version - 8.04.25. Only update Dark Physics v1 first. v1.01 second, and the version before 1.05.(DarkPhysicsBeta070508) Not version 1.05!!!. This is ho i got Dark Physics to work on my laptop that Intel GFX card. You ont have all latest features of Dark Physics, but can still use most of them!

Hope this helps somebody out there?
nrasool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 20:02
Dark Physics work out for me, see http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=133755&b=30 and my responses

A Good Programmer never blames his tools
Fitz marc ade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 21:07 Edited at: 25th Aug 2008 21:08
Yea i tried that on my laptop, which only has intel graphics card - DID NOT work for me. So i went to nvidia website to find out why. Aparently latest physix drivers include files needed by the CUDA system. And apparently version 1.05 of Dark Physics uses these as well? Also Vista X64 Nvidia graphics drivers don't include latest cuda files at the moment. So you need to download cuda drivers seperately.

I have dual boot desktop with Vista x64(64bit)/XP MCE2005 SP3 x86(32bit). Laptop with XP MCE 2005 SP3 x86 (32bit).

I have it all working perfect on desktop both OS's. Only have Dark physics working before cuda system on Laptop.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-21 07:41:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-21 07:41:20