Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Soft Bodies Distorted

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 03:15 Edited at: 8th Jul 2008 03:22
I've been having a hard time with dp and the soft bodies. my current problem is that in my program the mesh is mangled at times but in the debugger everything is fine. I've included the whole project for testing. I would like to know if this is my computer, my model, or dp.
I made the model in Blender. I was using a more detailed model but made a basic one for testing and it yielded the same results.

also the mesh seemed fine in the PhysxViewer version 2.7.3 which is what I exported it with

Screenshot:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PEH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 03:21
*screenshot*

Attachments

PEH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:45
Hello anyone?
Am I the only one with this problem?
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 12:41
I think if you add more volume in the viewer they dont distort as much, also less tetra is good apparently ,just keep the viewer & dbp running and tweak the settings see which suits.

Just remember to regenerate the volume because sometimes it doesn`t change the settings.

Did you follow the tut in the newsletter?

chunks

toshiba satellite 1.6 core duo + nvidia geforce go 7300
windows xp pro.
PEH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 18:24
hey thanks for the reply and the suggestions but I have tried several configurations and they all have distortion in them, true, some are less than others but I can never fully get rid of it.

I have been doing the regenerate volume every time before I save it.

I read the newsletter but I could not find anything that I was doing differently.

If someone that has had soft bodies working well for them test this out for me? I have the project posted above. >3mb

I made the model in blender.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 21:00 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 21:07
try this see if it`s better it`s a little more rigid though

i do my models in ac3d and they don`t seem to do it .

have you sussed how to texture softbodys yet?

toshiba satellite 1.6 core duo + nvidia geforce go 7300
windows xp pro.

Attachments

James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 21:06
Hi there, I think this has something to do with your mesh; after downloading and compiling I got the same result, so I`ve imported your .obj into blender, exported and though it worked just fine in physx viewer(the same version as yourself), it failed to load in dbp. Then I cleaned the mesh and exported etc - same result, won`t load, generated uv`s and exported etc, same result, won`t load, recalculated normals outside and exported etc, same result, won`t load, finally I applied scale/rotation, exported etc and it loaded. Problem is that it looked almost exactly as it did before with the distortion. The reason I believe the problem is with the mesh is that I use blender for soft bodies aswell, but rather than create them I simply import purchased models and convert to .obj - I`ve had no problems like yours at all and the models I speak of have been created by different artists. What I`ve found in blender is that if you don`t apply scale/rotation after every scale or rotation the object doesn`t turn out right in dbp. Hope that helps

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 19:48:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 19:48:12