Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / is fps creator ever gunna get particle effects instead of flat decals?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 20:44
I, too am very interested in this... Rampage Mod sounds pretty promising, but so far, it's just talk.

Gunn3r Games
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 21:51
Yeah, there are no threads, all you do is brag about the fantastic features

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 19:49
Inspire! Mod has real time ambient occlusion, bloom, HDR, particles, water, and can display thousands of characters on screen.

(not to be taken seriously)
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 19:57
Then why post?

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
he was mocking, i tihnk

Taking song requests, see my post!!!
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 02:59
I'm guessing it was a joke. You know, funny things people say, then you laugh either because it's funny or to make them feel good despite the fact that they pulled a ridiculously bad joke?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it. It'll take months of investigation before I know for sure, though.

j/k

On a serious note, I'd be willing to sacrifice my computer to get ahold of the features Inspire mentioned. But then I'd have nothing to work on.

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
ha, funny roger wilco, i could see you for stand up comedy

"Hello, today I found some features inspire told me about..."
crowd- "WHO IS INSPIRE?"
ba da bum

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 03:06
@General powell11: Well, I'm not too fond of leet-speak, but there's only one way to summarize..
LOL!

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 04:46
I might put up a download for a scaled down version soon - including heaps of characters in one room, enhanced battle, SOME better effects, and Airmod Integration once 0.6 is out, the particles will have to wait until I get them settled out. I have alot on my plate at the moment as...I'm running a company, got school work, working on three other projects(not including this), have a really great girlfriend, (I think you guys know how much time they take up ) and have all my life issues to attend to...Not to mention my math teacher threatened to kill me...(used to be a special agent or something.)
AND! I'm also teaching my computer teacher how to use a computer...
But I'm working my butt off, so please don't rush me like some people did to URL Force, thanks.

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Fpsc Mod, sprite particles, intense battles, high fps, 40 characters, one room.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 05:28
Sorry about that... Didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't believe you... I just wanted a screenshot or something. You don't have to rush out a demo or anything.

Gunn3r Games
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, tomorow he comes out with a video with all the features

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 06:08 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 06:22
I never do understand why people say they done something and then when it comes to people asking for a release its going to take time dont rush me.

If the mod has the features its a simple build and release the only reason someone can't do that is, if there nothing to release.

All people are saying is backup what you say your mod can do.

I look forward to your mod post to prove us all wrong.

Best s4real

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 06:50
Well then I am backing it up!
And I'm not bragging about what it can do...I said I have an 'idea' that might get particles to work, and it did, just gotta work on placing/where they appear and stuff.
*sigh*
Forget it guys, if you do see a thread of this don't suspect it to be soon then, everyone's expectations are so high...I was planning to not tell anyone and randomly come up with a thread like Airslide did...Until I happened to mention the 40 enemys I got in this thread or something, then the questions kept flying at me, all I did was answer, if that's considered bragging then something is wrong with you.
Forget it,
URL Force was right, I understand how bad people made him feel, starting to effect me too...Lol, why do people have to be so mean.
Uploading pic to prove to you soon, from now on, people that want more information, or RampageMOD itself, email me directly.
All modders try to do is make people stop wining and see the result of how happy people get, until next time...
I'm getting tired of this, see ya around guys...I'll try to keep posts low so I don't run into another mistake.
Making a video after this post,

Bye,

-Sarge

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Fpsc Mod, sprite particles, intense battles, high fps, 40 characters, one room.
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 15:35
if no one else is gonna do it, ill give it a try...
but if it works great, and i was the first one that had it work, then that would be wierd.. cause im not even in high school yet
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sgt Rampage : The point of modding is to release something, if you look at all other modders they have released there product for people to try.

This was the answer I was expecting because its easy to go away then show a product that you seem to not have made.

You said you already have particles:
Quote: "I already have working particles, just got to make them look better "

Now you saying that "I have an 'idea' that might get particles to work" so make ya mind up have you or not added particles.

Url Force had released a version of lemur v2 for people to try so you cant compare yourself to Url.

I wish you all the best in your modding but please stop given people false hope in something thats never going to happen, sorry you feel we being mean but people are too used to people saying they done something when they havn't.

all the best s4real

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 03:17
Particles would not be ahrd at all to implement into FPSC. The only downside to it would be what has already been mentioned.

"We cannot alter the Editor and so, all particles would need to be scripted."

This would make creating particles bothersome and tiring, and for the effect, I would say it's not worth it.

As has been mentioned, Sgt Rampage, you cannot come close to comparing yourself with Urlforce. He made a Mod, stuck with it for a long time, released what he made, banded with others to make a better Mod for everyone. He did this with little to no knowledge of DBP in the beginning. He learned it all as he went. It was just as hard on him as it probably is on you, yet here you are feeling personally attacked at the get go, without having even shown anything. He gave up after MONTHS of this, not days or even weeks, man.

Suck it up, deal with the way people are, you can't change them. If you want to do what modders do, then you'd better learn how to ignore certain people.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 03:25 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 03:28
There could be particles like decals, but with a special script for the particles, and no decal... Plus, even if we had the editor's source, I'm pretty sure tht the whole thing is written in C++, so most DBP modders wouldn't be interested unless they have quite a bit of C++ and DirectX knowledge.

About Urlforce, he went through a bunch more trouble with his mod, and then Lemur that most coukd bear... People started to dislike the whole Lemur V2 team, including Plystire, because of people making stupid requests for bloom and stuff, and other people comparing it to EFX Mod and facilitating "war of the mods," especially Red Devil, who sent a virus to the whole bunch of them, and all of their MSN Messenger friends, or something like that.

EDIT:
@ Sgt. Rampage:
Do you ever plan on giving Lee your Rampage Mod source to add into V2 or something? I personally hate choosing certain mods over one-another...
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 14:01
I sort of thought of a workaround with the particles problem, about the whole scripting and all. We could have an additional DBP program in which you could set the velocity, particle texture and so on, preview it in a simple 3x3 segment room or something like that, and then export the settings to an FPE-file, ready to be used. It would require some additional coding with the particle previewer, but from theory at least, it sounds like a pretty good solution to the bothers that would come with scripting particles.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
That works, too, but I think that X9 is getting paricles, anyway...

Talking about particles, if we ever get DarkPhysics, I think we should use those particles.
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 17:09
ok.. going back to the original question:

no.

maybe.

i dont know!!! (sobs)

you could add new script commands like:

explanation:

particleemmit = does object emmit particles
particlevisible = can plr see particles
particlezvel = velocity of particles in the Z direction
particlexvel = velocity of particles in the X direction
particleyvel = velocity of particles in the Y direction
particlealpha = how opaque particles are (0=opaque, 100= transparent)

We could assign the script to a fire decal to make it emmit smoke, and we could define a texture for the particles with
particletex = smoke.dds
and we could also provide accurate physics simulations (dust, dirt, etc.) using smaller, invisible particle objects. And we could add player distance conditions so when the plr is more than, lets say, 200 units away, it makes the particles invisible.
This way we wouldnt have to mod the Editor. With a little work we could make a "quick change" user interface ingame, so you can make small color, speed, size, and position adjustments without having to rebuild the game.
Thats all i got..

-SC
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 18:56
I guess that's basically what the others meant, and that would work very well, I think. But I think the particlealpha command would be unneccesary, as the particles would and pretty much have to make use of alpha transparency. It would also be better to have a different kind of blending mode for alphas, sort of the way Nighthawk did with EFX Mod. I think he changed the blending mode to an overlay mode instead of usual transparency.

Speaking of which, slightly off-topic now, but it would be great if we could have alphas properly work with static objects, at least for static overlays and such. Perhaps adding a flag, something like overlaymode=1, so that static overlay objects use greyscale alphas instead of just b/w alphas, and have them not cast shadows like the other static objects. I think that there is a command for objects to be ignored by the lightmapper, though. Hm, maybe we should just beg for all static objects to handle greyscale alphas properly.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 19:18 Edited at: 17th Jul 2008 19:37
I might try integrating particles, I can't promise anything though. If I do get anywhere, it would be open source like AirMod, so we can have particles for the masses. I'm thinking I would just make all the different particle commands into FPI commands and make a bunch of presets you can place in the editor, like fire, smoke, etc. Sound like a good idea?

On second thought: I'm way too busy, and I know I won't be able to go anywhere with this right now. Never mind.
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess if you guys really wanted to I could mess with particles in Max. I mean, I cannot see how creating a model with even 500+ square 'facing' type particles would lag, after all, a character model has at least 2000. What I want to see, and is probably easier to implement, is much better shader controls. I could create that model, but each polygon wouldn't even have an additive glow...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:19:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:19:30