Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Wanted: 2D arcadegame enthusiast

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

My friend just bailed on me and our project is now frozen. If there is anyone out there that is looking for a fun project to help with please let me know.

The game we where trying to do is a 8-way scrolling asteroid action game placed in the Babylon 5 universe. It is planned to be a 5 level fan game. It will be released for free and is just a learning experience.

The game engine of choice will be Dark GDK. So knowledge in the C++ language is a good merit.

If interested don't hesitate to give me response.

Best regards
-Patrik
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2008 03:31
Team request? Not sure... Sounds like it.

Thats a pain your friend bailed on you. Id get even...

This is my WIP, not even ready for a WIP thread yet though.http://smallgroupproductions.com/
TeNgu
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I got a notice about that. Simply my bad. Sorry to anyone taking offense. I will try and present info by the end of the week.

As this is a hobby/learning experience for me and now being all by myself with a day job I will need a few days to gather all the info and see what I want to present and what not to present.

Hoping for some patience... =)

-Patrik
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't worry this will be here for sometime. Not many people visit the 2D boards.

TeNgu
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Don't worry this will be here for sometime. Not many people visit the 2D boards."

That's just sad, isn't it?

To me the classical 2D games are the most charming. I remember classics like Atic Atac and Xenon, to name a couple. :-p

-Patrik
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2008 19:30
2D is awsome. Its wierd, cause i would have thought that many people learned DBPRO like i am learning it. Starting off with 2d, getting good at 2d, getting very good at 2d, and then moving into 3d. But i guess not.

This is my WIP, not even ready for a WIP thread yet though.http://smallgroupproductions.com/
TeNgu
Years of Service
User Offline
These days 3D is almost as easy to do as 2D. But 2D is still cooler.

-Patrik
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2008 03:38
You should state more about the game, and what you will be doing, and what you want others to do. Are you doing the engine and want help with the media, or what? What will the gameplay be like?

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 21:29 Edited at: 19th Jul 2008 21:29
People don't not () visit the 2D board because they don't like 2D. Neither the 2D nor 3D boards get much traffic. People just prefer to keep all their stuff in one spot, usually the DarkBASIC Pro or DarkGDK boards.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:34:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:34:59