Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics 3rd person view with camera collision (WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 06:49
Found the code for Dark physics jumping character controller on the codebase section of forums. I already had the collision codes which I had used for standard DBP sliding & ramp collisions. Just altered it for camera, and tweaked it a bit and added camera collision and made some changes to the original code. As Dark physics does not support camera commands as far as far as i know ...

I'm sure somebody out there recognises the original code. Just that I've searched the forums for Dark Physics camera collision help and noticed several other people are having similar problems, so i tried to problem solve it myself. It's not perfect & I havent tried it with `x` and `dbo` meshes/maps yet! However with a little tweaking I'm sure this will benefit somebody like my self for a 3rd person platform game or RPG or similar type game.

Anyway's hope this helps somebody out there?

Use W.S.A.D or Curser keys to move character controller, mouse to look around, use mouse wheel to zoom in and out and Spacebar To Jump. (still a WIP however)...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 18:57:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 18:57:37