Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Nxcooking.dll is still missing!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok yesterday I posted a message about not having the trial version of Dark Physics working and I was told to download a driver from NVIDIA's website. I did this and installed it but I still get the same error message that the Nxcooking.dll is missing.

I know that i am not the only one that has had this problem but from the quick look I have had at the forum noone so far has managed to sort it out when the driver from NVIDIA doesn't work.

So if anyone has sorted this problem out could they post how they did it.

Thanks in advance.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 17:38
do you have the file called Nxcooking.dll in the C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Compiler\plugins-licensed folder.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
andycb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 18:26 Edited at: 20th Jul 2008 18:46
Yeah I do have the file in the correct directory

If it makes any difference I was sent to this website to download the driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ageia_8.04.25_whql.html
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 18:58
i have the same problem and i cant downgrade Dark Physics. i have to use my laptop to compile now.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 19:16
look as if you will have to this, but before you do make a copy of your keys then you won't have to reactive them.
Quote: "This problem can occur from time to time. To solve it go to c:\program files\installshield installation information. You will probably see a large list of folders in here all with very long names. There will likely be two folders for Dark Physics {8EC28FBE-59C4-4FBC-B707-F8FDAE3CCAEE} and {76431DB7-7827-4BA3-98B6-C686AAD21868}. To confirm these are the correct ones go into each of these folders and open Setup.ini. There will be a listing for AppName. Ensure it contains the keywords Dark Physics. If it does then delete both of these folders.

Now go to the directory where DB Pro is installed and then into the Compiler folder and finally plugins-licensed. In here delete DarkPhysics.dll, NxCharacter.dll, NxCooking.dll, NxExtensions.dll and PhysXLoader.dll. These are the core files for Dark Physics."

this is what I had to do when Darkbasic would work but not DarkPhysics.
just put 8EC28FBE into the search box on your computer it should find it.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 11:28
I'll try that later. I just updated my Dark Physics, and I'm having the same problem as Andy. Mind you DP was previously working on my computer...

Mountain Dew, happiness in a bottle.
andycb
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont have either of those files anywhere on my computer
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 14:06
if you not got them, then you should be able to re-install DarkPhysX, unless you all ready tried that.

so
1. DarkBasic Pro runs?
2. DarkPhysX does not?
3. Both have been re-installed?

andycb
Years of Service
User Offline
i have re installed DBPro twice and Dark Physics 3 times
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 17:06
Learning what you've done so that we can see where to go next.

1. when you run the installer does it get about 1/3 along then finishes.

2. In the above quote ms search engining could not find that number.

the above question are to work out what to do next depending on your answers.

andycb
Years of Service
User Offline
everything is installed it just doesn't work when I try to run a program.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 19:06
have you put the darkPhysX key in yet?

Shay3000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 04:46 Edited at: 30th Jul 2008 04:58
Quote: "
Ok yesterday I posted a message about not having the trial version of Dark Physics working and I was told to download a driver from NVIDIA's website. I did this and installed it but I still get the same error message that the Nxcooking.dll is missing.

I know that i am not the only one that has had this problem but from the quick look I have had at the forum noone so far has managed to sort it out when the driver from NVIDIA doesn't work.

So if anyone has sorted this problem out could they post how they did it.

Thanks in advance.
"

I had the same problem but not with this dll I had this problem with conv3ds.dll and I had this dll in the plugins folder too
I copied the conv3ds.dll and paste it into one of my projects
that I'm currently working on and it fixed that problem fine all my other projects started to have this problem also so I came here and downloaded the latest dbpro update and it fixed that problem for me my dbpro was v68 now it's v69 and now the problem is gone but

darkphysics.dll
nxcooking.dll
PhysXLoader.dll

work fine if I leave it at v1.00 but updating the, v104 needs nvcuda.dll 105 same as 104 but some of the physics projects still work were as the ones that need it the nvcuda.dll still dont run

v103 I'm going to re-try v1.00 and v1.02 are the ONLY two that are stable versions so far for dark physics

well for me anyway

P.S

try coping those dlls into your own projects folder of your game and see what it does

Shay3000
andycb
Years of Service
User Offline
I have now put NxCooking.dll and NxCharacter.dll into my project folder (if i put darkphysics.dll or physXLoader.dll into it DBPro can't find the files) and now it is asking for a dll called d3dx9_37.dll.

I have scanned my computer for this file but can't find it so does anyone know what to do now?
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 21:59
Sound like you might have the wrong version of DirectX 9c to make it go, has to be Oct 2007 9c version, there's more than one version with the same version number.

J_C
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Andycb
see my post to antigroup
'DarkPhysics Trial for Competition'
22/July

I had exactly the same sequence of problems....
I was suckered into installing the latest ActiveX then my DarkGDK
would not link - so had to uninstall to get my old ActiveX active.

The PysX_8.04.25_system Software - Install
was the main thing that got my PysX demo's to work...
nrasool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 14:47
Hi there, Just found this thread, I'm getting the same error messages - Nxcooking.dll is missing. when running all of the examples.

I can confirmed I followed the readme to the letter

Instructions for this update
============================

Step 1 - Install latest upgrade for DB Pro - http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=upgrades
"

Installed 6.9 Update from Gamecreator website

Step 2 - Download latest system software for PhysX - http://developer.nvidia.com/object/physx_downloads.html#System
"

Downloaded and installed PhysX_8.06.12_SystemSoftware.exe from their site, which installed fine

Step 3 - copy these files into your DB Pro folder and overwrite any existing items
"

Compiler, Editor, Help and Projects was installed at the end

But when I compile the projects eg Banner, I get that error message

Please could someone advise on what is the correct PhysX driver to use. Also Darkbasic is installed and are the official extend plugins installed in the default directory

Kind Regards

A Good Programmer never blames his tools
nrasool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 15:20
Mm Adding to this, As J_C previously mentioned downloading PhysX_8.04.25_SystemSoftware.exe fixes this, therefore looks like getting the most uptodate version breaks something

I found PhysX_8.04.25_SystemSoftware.exe via the following site for anyone else who are experiencing this problem:

http://findfiles.com/list.php?string=PhysX_8.04.25_SystemSoftware.exe&size=44636960&db=Mirrors

Maybe an idea if GameCreator could upload PhysX_8.04.25_SystemSoftware.exe themselves so people don't get any problems

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 13:21
downloaded it and installed but it still doesnt work. im using DBPro 6.9 and Nvidia PhysX 8.04.25.

nrasool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 14:22
Hey kaedroho, make sure you have also downloaded and installed the physics update, these need to go into your darkbasic pro folder. The update is "Update 1.05 for DB Pro"

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 01:52 Edited at: 26th Aug 2008 02:40
I have, thats when I started getting the problem. Shame that mike took down 1.04, cant compile ONE(my FPS game) anymore.

EDIT: Ive reinstalled Dark Physics 1.05 and it still doesnt work.

EDIT2: Ive installed the latest version on DirectX 9.0c and it works! me = happy

jdest
Years of Service
User Offline
This is what saved me:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C1367BC3-4676-481A-BFAA-5C15D1D7199D&displaylang=en

I installed this expand files and then run DXSETUP.exe and my PhyX Bullet Cloth demo worked for the first time. I still had the problem of permissions and had to run the demos from my user folder. If I try to compile from the program folders location (where demos are installed) then it fails to create the exe. Just put them in your documents folder and it will work as long as everything else works.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-21 00:05:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-21 00:05:42