Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics and 3D World Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 23:45
I have a map I made in 3D world creator loaded into Dark Basic Professional and Dark Physics demo. I can load the map ok. How do you make the physics work on the map if I loaded it as a DBO file? Like map.dbo The examples all load a box and make it a rigid body. Can I load my .DBO files as a rigid body.

I made a box .1, .1, .1 and get its position then move my camera to it's location in a loop. It doesn't collide with the map at all.
I tried making my camera box object rigid but that didn't help either.

Also if I type in phy I can get command help for the one command. Where are the dark physics commands located? I can't find a listing in the DBP help file.

Thanks for any help
DrReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 00:24
I did some more reading and rewriting and I think I have the physics working. I don't know because my camera box is colliding with the map and won't move. I need to figure out how to slide across the map.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 00:25
load in your world and use the command phy make rigid body static mesh.

also there is chm help file located in .

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark Basic Professional\Projects\Dark Physics\Documentation

chm files don`t work on vista you have to find a viewer.

toshiba satellite 1.6 core duo + nvidia geforce go 7300
windows xp pro.
DrReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 00:49
Chunks chunks I found the help file and i am reading it now. Thanks for the mesh advice that should help if i can figure out how to slide my camera object across it.
Chewy
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think it's a wise or efficient method importing a whole level and just applying the phy make rigid body mesh.

Would be very intensive on computer if the level was very detailed and had quite a high poly count etc.

I came accross a similar scenario for PhysX Demo competition. I wanted to have a log cabin which I modelled in a 3D package and wanted it so that boulders would smash it into the many parts I had made for it. Well seeing as it was exported as a .x the object is seen as just a single entity and applying the physics to it, the boulders would move the whole thing and it would remain all 'glued' together.

Then I thought, okay, I can use the make object from limb command and then make each limb a rigid body. Only problem was, all the position, rotation data etc is lost and I would of had to manually gone in and position all the pieces.

MjMAC
---------------------------
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz | 2 x XFX 8800GTs Alphadog (SLi) | 3GB RAM (Would be 4 but 32bit windows doesn't pick up past 3)
DrReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 06:36
I want the 3d world I make in 3d world creator to be the world the game plays in. If you can think of a better way to the ground I would like to hear about it.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 13:24
This might help the vehicle demo uses a loaded layout, that has physx applied to it as a mesh, have a look it may help.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
DrReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 05:25
I got it working sort of last night. All objects I load in the level have collision. The camera doesn't however and that is what I wanted to collide. I am thinking I may just create a collision box around the camera and make it transparent.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 07:30 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2008 07:32
to speed up your maps loading time physics, you could use phy make rigid body static mesh like this.

example

this should help you get there quicker.

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
slon
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=134180&b=6

check this it can import a lot of dynamic bodies from single X file i had problem with it as well!!
slon
Years of Service
User Offline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 23:14
I think it will load faster if you use:

slon
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmm if i'm trying to use it with my code (broken wall) it doesn't do the trick :/ dont know why
FINN MAN
Years of Service
User Offline
You should use lost in thoughts importer; thats what I used and it works out very nice.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 23:39:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 23:39:42