Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / is it ok to talk about somthing other than NVIDIA comp?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 07:10
did any one give up trying to install the latest version of dark physic?

I now I did, lol.

now can we talk about some thing else?

and did any one figer out how to sort out landing a player controlled caricature?

I tried using a ray cast to pick up the hight of the ground, but could not get it to pick up on the floor height every time, for example I step up on to an object and I can`t jump be cos I just keep getting the wrong ground high.

now I changed my ray cast to orbit around the base of the player, and moving in and out, when the cc jumps the ray stays on the ground like it should.

but I need to be able to jump as soon as I get to my height that I have set, witch is 5.1, but if I can`t get this height all the time, then my cc can`t jump as an-till I hit the ground height of 5.1.

it also means as soon as I step up a block or step then my cc can`t jump an-till the the ray returns 5.1.

dose any one know how to fix this?

or maybe expand the ray that is cast at the floor?

also I wont to ask dose any one know of a link or an address of a free version of directX 9.0c, ever on this website or on any other?

I am in dire need of this, be cos I can`t post my player code on my thread without it.

it was so much easyer to do without dark physics!...

I will also ask about crouching with ray casting at a latter date, be cos I fall throe the floor if I stand up under something, but I have what I think is a good crouch controls, but that question can wait antill later for now.

so can anyone help?

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 12:14
look up skin width for player controlled character.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 13:38
I`v just had a look dark physic reference and 1.0.1 and there is know mention of skin width.

I`ll keep looking, thanks for the help.

hale to the all knowing HowDo!

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from every poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 13:49
It takes nearly a ream of paper (250) and two days to print out all the info to read as and when.

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 14:17 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2008 14:21
what file are you printing this 250 page S.A from?

whats the name of the folder you found it in?

if I can find the file your talking about I could scan it in to me head in about an hour or two, but sleep is creeping up on me, and the all night coding binge has left me but shell of a man.

HowDo need something to keep me going, come man! need to know it be for I ko on my desk.

lol!..

its bin a long night.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 14:32
the print out came from the chm files so if you are still awake that should keep you going until 5am

sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 14:58
thank HowDo, but I did fall asleep, and woke up with a keyboard keys in printed on my face.

and screen full of H`s, lol.

=====================================================================
now for my new question.

my cc gets delete a pone crouching, and is made again but a smaller size.

then when you wont to stand up the same thing, just this time instead of getting smaller the cc gets bigger.

I guess what I`m asking is there a way to stop the cc from standing up if its underneath some thing?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-21 08:53:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-21 08:53:56