Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Irradic - Fantasy Hero Preview

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 15:47 Edited at: 30th Oct 2008 05:18
Here is a video captured out of Darkbasic Pro.
http://irradic.toxicon.ch/?page_id=36

The run animation is not in the DBPro video. I will add one or two attack/combo animations before the release

@Violent Pigeon - Your quote was for a base mesh with 2 different armors, animation and textures.

@ Xenocythes - A rigged base mesh starts at 75 euro, the price depends on complexity. Additional armors are charged extra, but of course not every one is working on a RPG or MMORPG that features exchangeable armor. The best thing is to email me the details of what you exactly need. Afterwards I could quote you the price for a commission. Thanks !

However, I'm taking a short break after this model. I've been working on commissions for the last 4 months straight. Almost every free minute after work, went into these projects.

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 04:38
@Irradic- She is looking remarkable. Have you decided on how many interchangeable armors you are giving with her and how much you will charge for her use in a sweet hack n slash game? Also, how many polies does she clock in at?

The Last Great Swordsmen a 3D hack N slash http://lastswordsmen.freezoka.com
Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
@Beast E Gargoyle - Thanks a lot. The base including armor, counts 4406 tris. Since Dexsoft-Games licensed the character, some of my initial plans were changed. The character doesn't come with any additional armors, Dexsoft-Games will create an alternate texture set though. The texture will also be included in the package from my website.
However, it might be that I will create a package with additional armor(s) and weapons/shields in the future.
At the moment I'm trying to throw in some additional animations for different weapons (axe,bow gun etc.). The final feature list will be available soon.
Dexsoft-Games estimated price is 20-30 Euro, but since Dejan is on vacation at the moment i'm not aware of the final price yet.
Since I'm permited a 5 Euro price difference, I'm planning to offer the package slightly cheaper on my site.

Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 12:38
On the final death anim, her sword goes through her head, maybe just slightly edit that xD

My MMORPG: check out the forums at http://www.mechtec.net/forum

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I noticed that, I already cleaned the animation up

Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2008 22:37
Muahahhahaha Excellent

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline

I changed the texture a little. If time permits, I will add another sword and an axe. So far I have added following animations:
attack 2 - round house sword attack
attack 3 - double kick, from one side to another and back
pick up - just as the name says
put down - put an item down
walk push - think of Tomb Raider where Lara was able to move obstacles around
leap jump - jumps forward, rolls and stands up
I'll add another attack animation, maybe some climbing animations.

But that's all for today, time to prepare for the Halloween party
Cheers !

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
May I see the specular? As it is look all too shiny.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-Butterfingers
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 21:15
I dont think so..

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 22:05 Edited at: 31st Oct 2008 22:14
I actually have 3 shaders applied to the character,a hair shader on the hair mesh, a regular normal map shader on the base, and a normal map- shine shader on armor and sword/shield.
It's up to you, if and which shader you will use on the character.
I will not include any of my shaders with the package since there are enough excellent shaders available in the ultimate shader pack.
Even though I want to satisfy as many tastes as possible.
I can't predict how my character will look with every possible shader out there.
It's up to the user to optimize the specular to his needs. If he thinks it's too shiny or not shiny enough...a specular is easily adjusted

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 04:56
@Irradic- I have emailed you a question. Plese reply, thanks.

Beaste

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
@Beast E Gargoyle - Thanks Beaste, email replied

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 15:47
the upper torso seems a bit stiff. try relaxing it a bit
Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2008 21:19 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2008 21:22

http://irradic.toxicon.ch/?page_id=36
Here is the video with the new animations.
Weapons\shield should be hidden for certain animations like pick up etc.

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Updated the first post.

Pretty much final update on the mesh. I re integrated the bones for the hip armor. I had to temporary remove them since they were causing problems with the .X exporter. Wish .X exporting would be as straight forward as exporting to .fbx. Anyway, I found a work around and the armor plates of the hip armor no longer disappear inside the legs during certain animations. Also have I added a third weapon.
Dexsoft will create another texture variation, I'm curious about the results. If I find the time I might work on another texture variation as well, while Dexsoft is working on theirs.
I can't give any estimates, but it won't be too long now until the release.
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 19:08
Will be getting her soon. Has dexsoft, confirmed any extra texture variations for her, yet?

Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 04:08
Good model but i have a few niggly things i'll obnoxiously force upon this thread

1. It may just be the way that DBPro is rendering out the model or it may be your specular maps (or my monitor) but there seem to be a few of dark black spaces on the texture which break up the flow a little (under the breasts and parts of the legs). The chainmail is fine but the armour seems a little dark in places.
2. You're undercharging, a person with your skills could easily double that figure and still find work, hell, i know people that charge way more than that, if you are happy with the work to income ratio thats happening right now then disregard this but it can't hurt to raise your prices. Oh but this also depends what countries you get work commissioned from. I do know the joys of freelance and the hardships (you know those tough months when work seems to run dry). But someone of your skills could easily slip into an in-house position if it takes your fancy.

<yes, the link doesn't work, deal with it.>
Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Oolite, the dark spots are created by the shader. It has this "floor" setting which creates some kind of shadow, you can observe this on the breastplate. I'm using a different shader on the chainmail which doesn't create this ground reflections or shadows.

I'm often sitting in front of the computer, pulling out my hair, and thinking that all the work isn't worth the money I'm getting.
Then I'm receiving one of the many mails where some one would like a couple of zombies or a hero modeled, all exclusive and for 30$ a pop.
If I refer them to my actual charges I'm being told that some one else is doing the job for 30$ but with less quality. Or that a pack with a bazillion low poly models is available, which costs only 30$. But then many of those inquiries are being made by students, and I understand that as student your budget is some what limited.
Since I'm having a regular day time job, I sticked to the freelance work. Getting an in-house job would be nice, but I don't know if it would be manageable with my free time.
If the payment for the next project is right, I might stick with the Dexsoft cooperation. But I'm also considering creating and selling my own game assets\model packs. Just to see if there is any money to be made, while waiting for the bigger commissions that come along once in a while.

Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 14:51
That explains that then.

In house positions are usually a much more team oriented place, helps when working on projects to have people around you to talk to, that said however, they can be the worst places ever if none of the team get on. Model packs may be a bit more work but a decent investement for the future, advertising them and getting the right crowd which would purchase them, the more your model packs become popular, the less people will buy them because of media being in several different games. You should have a good terms and conditions set up.
Check these out, they have been a decent company to work with and are usually always looking for freelancers to hop on for certain projects.

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 17:59 Edited at: 14th Nov 2008 19:04
@Oolite - Thanks for the link ! I will take a look, but I can imagine that these offers are quiet time extensive.
With this character I got the first taste of content creation for multiple engines. Having to convert to multiple different formats can be quiet a pain. Not every format is as easily converted to as .x, .fbx or collada for example.
There are formats that require special setups, which can cause you some head ache if you are not familiar with them.

@Beast E Gargoyle - Sorry I've overlooked your post.
To my understanding Dexsoft decided to not create any additional textures, but to sell the character as is. But I will double check and post if I get any news regarding the textures.

I made a small weapon addition. Mainly for those who prefer a more conventional looking battle axe.

Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 22:01
Yeah they would be full time freelance work being offered, but very well paid, if you can make the contacts i wholely suggest breaking into full time. But its up to you.

Good luck with everything.

Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2008 12:15
Irradic, if you ever want a full time position you can always give us a shout at Go3, we would be happy to take you on

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 06:25 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 06:33
Character is now available for 17.99 euro / 25.99$ on my website http://irradic.toxicon.ch/?page_id=25

Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 18:25
Sweet, need a .b3d RC Ready version, you could make tons of sales.

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
I just want to inform you guys that I will put the model pack on sale until the 26th. I'm lowering the price to 20.99$ for the remaining 3 days. Hope this makes the character a bit more affordable for some of you.
If you want to take advantage of the offer, proceed to my shop at
http://irradic.toxicon.ch/?page_id=48
Cheers !

Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 00:09 Edited at: 8th Dec 2008 23:22
Hey irradic, can we see some screens of any of your new work with that beautiful new contractor, who's treating you so good

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
@Violent Pigeon - My apologies for keeping you waiting. Yes I'm currently working on Dexsofts new character. This should be completed by sunday. Here are the requested screens, taken out of the viewport.
I'll post some DBPro screens as soon as it's ready to be loaded into the viewer. This will be an Dexsoft exclusive and will not be available from my store.

Not_Maindric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 04:08
Nice model. Even though his sword holder looks very similar to Cloud's. Excellent models though.

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
The basic idea for the sword holster is from Cloud, yes. Although his holster is far more complex, it has a lot more layers and pockets to hold the different swords that are combined in his buster sword.
Anyway, I think it makes the rear of the character more interesting.
I'll continue working on the textures once I get back from work. Probably I'll post some more pics tonight.

Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 08:19
Very good Cant wait to see it all textured up

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 08:28
Looks awesome. Although that glove in the screenshot looks really odd. But I'm sure you already know about that.

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
Not_Maindric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 00:57
Quote: "combined in his buster sword"

Not to nag or anything, but his Buster Sword does not have multiple parts. It is called "Full Tsurugi" so I hear (When fully assembled.) I am a huge Final Fantasy fan, trying to get them all right now. (Currently FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFXII, and a few more. =P)

Do you model in 3DS Max?

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
@Alucard94 - Actually there was no glove texture yet, the glove had the same material assigned to it as the pants. The pants texture was on the glove as well so it looked a bit weird. Same goes for the face texture, which was also on the right arm armor. Thanks for the compliment Alucard !

@Maindric - Ah ok, well obviously I don't know how all that stuff is called, but I guess you know what I was talking about. I like the FF series, the art design is inspiring.
Yes I'm using 3DS Max for my 3D creations.

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, as promised here are the screenshots out of Darkbasic Pro. I wasn't able to use my hair shader with this model, there were a few alpha problems. The hair would have looked much better. But all in all I'm happy with the outcome. The outfit turned out really well. This character would look great in a RPG. In the next days I', going to wrap up the animations, then it's going to Dexsoft.
Well, enjoy the screenshots.

Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 20:59
Hey irradic, Could you come on MSN please? Also. it looks awesome

Sushi01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 00:23
yo dude you got skills, nice proportions, nice texture work and very nice character design, you got my respect.
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 01:23
The hair and boots look excellent. I think his arms could use a smudge of dirt or fuzz. Beside's that looking stellar as always Irradic.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
may say that this is very very very very very good, more than that, freaking good...sorry

Red Eye Productions © Copyright 2008
Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 07:31 Edited at: 15th Dec 2008 07:38
Thanks for all the positive feedback ! Glad it's being well received.
@Beast E Gargoyle - I know what you mean, but one person might want it smudged, another might want it clean. It's always easier to add things than to remove them. I think if someone would like to add some dirt he could easily modify the texture.
Maybe a tattoo would look good on his arm.

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 16:03
Well I was saying smudge/dirt to make it not the ordinary clear arm and give it a more real look. Like the new prince of Persia has a scar on his eye and made him look more next gen. Btw, I think tattoos on arms are getting over used.

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 19:11 Edited at: 18th Feb 2009 19:12
Here are final captures from the fantasy character. He will be available at Dexsoft-Games soonish. This is my second character for them, even though this one is exclusive to Dexsoft and not available for purchase on my website.
Up next is a Ninja which I will hopefully have ready by Sunday, another Dexsoft exclusive.

Enjoy the pics ! As usual screen captured inside Darkbasic Pro.

Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 19:22
So Irradic, any ETA on any of 'Svothes' Models?

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I'm trying to cope up with the lost time but as said I will have them ready asap. I don't want to rush things, the characters should be as good as they can get.
Just contact me if you have questions, you have my email address.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
The person looks amazing! what is his polycount?

and may i see a wire frame of the sword when you get a minuite?
just out of morbid curiosity and the fact that it looks cool.

cheers cb

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 21:33 Edited at: 18th Feb 2009 22:10
Thanks Lazerus !
I attached the wire frame to the post, sorry I was too lazy to upload it to my ftp.
The bare character has around 5k tris.

...really need to get my old sleeping cycle back, almost 5am and I'm still awake

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 23:00
Thanks Irradic, its not me trying to rush you, its just my boss being a little iffy as he hasnt seen any progress. I have faith though, Cant wait to see more

Thank you,
Svothe

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 19:10
Another excellent job Irradic. I would love to see when you take time to make a more gangly/ dirty character with an abundant amount of skin detail. Your character's are always just too perfect, no scratches or scars on any of them.

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 18:38 Edited at: 21st Feb 2009 18:43
Here are 2 preview images of the upcoming character. These are, as usual, captures out of Darkbasic Pro.
I'm calling him the Cyber Infiltrator or Cyber Ninja. He's equipped with a hand-gun and a sword which is attached at his back (not yet in images).

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Id go with infiltrator , sounds more distinctive, ninja is what a 6 year old wants to be, lol

Where do you get the free time lol ?

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, I forgot to mention that this is another Character for Dexsoft. I have a rather lengthy sick leave, so I have enough time to work on those paid projects. Hopefully I'll have this character finished before Monday. I'll post some animation stills once it's done.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 23:40:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 23:40:30