Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark Physics] Get vehicle tyre omega

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 13:13
Quick question to anyone whos been using the vehicle functions in Dark Physics, is there a function to get the tyre omega for calculations involving rpm etc?

I've been using the Newton Wrapper for this, and it has been working well, but unfortuantly, it seems there is no support for Vista when using the vehicle commands (just crashes), so i'm going to try and port it back over to DarkPhysics.

If theres not a function for getting the omega, is there a way of calculating it through selecting the wheel as a limb in DB and calculating it the rotational speed? I need it to calculate the RPM and gearbox and so on.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 20:33
if you've download the sdk files there a vehicle demo with rpm in it, if you can read c++ then you should be able to see how it done.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 21:34 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 21:43

This is a little code snippet on how I would go about it.

For a vehicle you would change Object angle X(a), to Limb Angle X(a), If your wheels are limbs.

It basically finds the change in angle of the object per loop, and multiplies it by the Screen FPS.

omega (w)=Change in Angle (d0)/Change in Time(dt)

As we are calculating the omega every loop, the change in time is 1/Screen FPS.

Hope it helps.

Elite Gaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 23:30
@ HowDo - Thanks, i'll download those files and have a look.

@ BiggAdd - Cheers, thats more or less how i thought it would work, ill try that once i get darkphysics working again.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 18:07
Quote: "I've been using the Newton Wrapper for this, and it has been working well, but unfortuantly, it seems there is no support for Vista when using the vehicle commands"

I use newton with vista and it works for me.

3700+ Athlon 64 - Geforce 7600 GS - 2GbDDR2 RAM - 40Gb Hdd (In this pc) - Windows Vista Ultimate (x86)
Elite Gaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 02:13 Edited at: 28th Aug 2008 02:14
Quote: "I use newton with vista and it works for me."

At the moment, i think the problems with newton and vista are mainly vehicle related ones - a few people on the boards have had exactly the same problems running their games on vista, which have run fine on XP, the error message relates to the newton dll.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-21 08:56:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-21 08:56:24