Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
PANELS!!

yay, i had to do this now before i started any other gadgets. Just added The ability to add Panels to your Window.

example

The coolness of this gadget is adding gadgets to them. Using a Hide command which ill add soon i can easily implement Tabs. Or using them yourself you could easily change content on the window by hiding and showing panels.

Screenie of it at work.

LIKE OMFG IM TEH KING OF TEH INTARWEB!
Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
labels are back in now

Destrugter 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Everytime I come back here and look you have gotten so much done. And gratz on making it in the TGC Newsletter!
Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
ty

i like to post my progress.

this way i can get user input while im working on it. to help make it better as i build it.

Sasuke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 01:13
Seeing this, I dying to continue work on my editor. To busy of late... anyway can't wait to see how this progresses.

A dream is a fantasy, if you achieve that fantasy it was never a dream to begin with.
Nano brain
Years of Service
User Offline
Lancewrath,

Just want to say great job! Keep up the hard work. Gongrats on making the newsletter. That has to be a pretty rewarding experience! I'm looking foward to using your plugin in the game I am currently designing. Your plugin should be ready by the time I am ready to begin creating the game. So, that's perfect. Overall though, this I see this plugin as being extremely useful to the TGC community, giving that it's the first customizable gui plugin.

Keep it up man...remember, you have to. You were in the newsletter...heheh! Thanks you.
Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm currently on the textfield gadget. Trying to get it so you can click to change the cursor position. Highlight text. parse for bbcode.

even though its a one line gadget. smilies and in game hyperlinks would rock.

ill try to do the same for listgadgets. so it would be easy to implement a World of warcraft style chat system

mido
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, looks great

Shit Happens!
Fitz marc ade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 21:00 Edited at: 13th Sep 2008 21:01
I really like this GUI, has a professional look to it. Just out of interest are the windows able to draw DirextX objects on to them, or just other text, panel and gadgets on them?
Another question please, how do you go about creating your own skins for these windows and gadgets?

Excellent work and progress, i am really interested in this GUI, as I already own BlueGUI2 and eXtends, which uses an XGUI system. howver this looks excellent!

Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
well i mentioned this earlier in the Forum, i thought it would be very useful to have a canvas gadget which is completely for drawing commands wether it be 2d or 3d. i was going to make a shortcut command for attaching a camera tot he canvas gadget allowing you to have a viewport within the gui with no additional scripting.

Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 20:12 Edited at: 14th Sep 2008 20:13
i will be including documentation on how to make skins when i release this. basically its fairly simple just follow a naming convention for the images as well as create an ini stick em all in one folder and your done.

Fitz marc ade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 13:08
Thnk you, for that. Im sorry if i missed that post in the forum.

Can't wait for the release of this.

Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 01:21
@Lancewrath,

Would it be very difficult to add a couple arbitrary data fields to the widget object classes with some getters and setters? This would be handy so that I can associate gui objects with DBPro UDTs or (for example) encode arbitrary scripting code into a string field for a button.

That way when a button is pressed, I can just read the string for the button with something like DEMON_GETWIDGET_TEXT(id) and throw the string into the command parser.

...does that make sense?

Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
ya thats no problem at all in fact i forsaw something like this and already implemented a few extra variables for some extra routines.

like assigning scripting code. and or Assigning a function pointer to a gadget that will automatically execute on its event.

Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 04:56
nicely done

Let me know if you need a beta tester

Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 22:52
Any updates on this Lancewrath?

alec the lion
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry i must simply ask, this would be awsome in my upcomming MMO, (found at http://digi-life.binary-helix.co.uk btw :p)

WHERES THE LATEST PLUGING

love the xp like skin, please post a download loaction for the latest pluging, i really want to use it
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 02:04
Not bad work. Looking forward to trying for myself when I find my DBPro cd! lol

Skillz.

3700+ Athlon 64 - Geforce 7600 GS - 2GbDDR2 RAM - 40Gb Hdd (In this pc) - Windows Vista Ultimate (x86)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2008 02:05
Sorry to double post, setting mailback.

3700+ Athlon 64 - Geforce 7600 GS - 2GbDDR2 RAM - 40Gb Hdd (In this pc) - Windows Vista Ultimate (x86)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:00:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:00:03