Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Moving dynamic objects?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 02:36 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2008 02:56
Hi, I am pretty much a beginner and very new to Dark Physics. I am hoping I can get some advice for my project. I have a 3D hand made up of a number of limbs. I control this hand with a data glove so the 3D hand will mimick my real hand .. to a point. What I want to do to begin with is to be able to interact with a sphere object. I want to be able to push it around on a surface, pick it up and throw it. I was hoping to use physics for most of this but I am unsure on where to start.

I have just been playing with a few basic objects and the only way I have been able to move one object with another is take make one of them kinematic. But then if I touch the other object it goes flying.

Any ideas, advice would be greatly appreciated.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 12:54
Have a look through code snippets for Phy bouncing brick , this shows how to pick up the brick with the mouse pointer the sort of throw it.

Will hopfuly get you going in the right direction and welcome to the part of coding where not how it what will happen if I do this?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, that looks like a great place to start. I can see I have a lot of experimenting to do,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 18:11:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 18:11:03