Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Beat Em Up Model - Character Controller ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,
i want to try and start putting together a very basic Beat Em up.
Probably starting out with either stick figures or Dark Matter Models. Now i have Dark Physics and am wondering the best way to implement the physics in to the game. im not sure character controller is the best options but i just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions (aside from use sparkys instead of DP )
Fitz marc ade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 21:23 Edited at: 25th Aug 2008 21:24
I would use Dark Physics and try the character controller. See if its how you want it, or just modify it to what you want and experiment. Also read the help documents and reference documents. I'm still learning Dark Physics and found out that you can do alot more with the character controller than just sliding physics. You can add gravity and jump etc..

If you can give more detials on what exactly you want to do with beat-em-up and how you want the camera to be positioned, i may be able to help.
Movian
Years of Service
User Offline
ok,
esentially i want to start out basic and work up from there. So to begin although everything will be in 3d it will play like a 2d Fighter. Imagine Street Fighter 2 where the only change was to incorperate a 3d environement and models, however NOT a 3d play style. so i am going to try and either build some 3d models, or build a couple of 3d stick figures within the engine and work from there. So i wanted to use the Physics to implement graphics. possibly breakable objects(crates etc (remember the crates on guiles level in SF2? )) and also to implement knock downs etc, if a model gets punched etc

not even sure if Dark Physics is right, Mabye if i made it a 3d play style ALA tekken it might be more suitable.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-21 09:40:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-21 09:40:46