Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Card Game 2D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi peeps,

I've designed a card game I am currently trying to implement using Visual C++ 2008.

I have very little (pretty much no code experience) so this is all new to me and every step is something for me to learn which is cool and exciting.

I am looking for a few guides to get me started. Obviously they need to be releated to my project, So are there any good card game guides out there. Think Final Fantasys Triple Triad as an example.

Also any other tips on methods of building my project would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

EL
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2008 20:32 Edited at: 29th Aug 2008 20:37
Start off in DBPro before you start off in C++. C++ is one of the hardest ones to learn.

Edit: If you need any card sprites for it. I'll be glad to do it.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-Butterfingers
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 06:09
Yeah, even if you do start off with C++, you don't want to get right into a card game. You need to start easy, with variables and simple commands. Do a Google for C++ tutorials.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 00:56:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 00:56:34