Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] Timer Based Inc/Dec

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 22:04 Edited at: 20th Nov 2008 01:51
Hi guy's, I made a function that handles increasing and decreasing of values via timers. So say I wanted to move and object from point 'A' to point 'B', I could setup a timer and set how long it would take in seconds, when I want to start it I just return the timer to the object position, easy.

So the code and demo:

I also put together a little sprite demo to test how efficient this is and the results are amazing.

Here's the Cool Demo: Edit cMYSPRITE_COUNT to increase/decrease the amount of sprites.

Now I set cMYSPRITE_COUNT to 512 for a real test and got round: 164 fps

That's 512 sprites each with 3 timers (1536 timers) that all randomally changing and are being tracked, I'd have to say that pretty damn good.

Enjoy

Note: if any of the code seems oddly indented, it's the forums fault.

A dream is a fantasy, if you achieve that fantasy it was never a dream to begin with.
Anonymous User
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for this, you saved me from coding the same thing for my fade in - fade out grayscale shader

???
Sasuke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2008 01:56 Edited at: 24th Nov 2008 01:56
No prob Anonymous, still need to add a ton of stuff though, like Reverse, Pause, Delay, Stop, Restart, Curve, I wonder what else?

A dream is a fantasy, if you achieve that fantasy it was never a dream to begin with.
Sasuke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2008 17:35
You'd think more people would need something like this, I guess not

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2008 04:55
Quote: "You'd think more people would need something like this, I guess not "

Ehh, don't feel bad. Code Snippets gets VERY little views and replies. This looks pretty useful.

wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
Just tried the demo and changed the sprite cap to 500. Still had over 100 fps. Very useful, thanks.
Sasuke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2008 16:13
Quote: "Code Snippets gets VERY little views and replies"

Are well....

Anyway, thanks guy's, will update this soon to add more functionality, so you can do more object timer movement stuff

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 06:35:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 06:35:01