Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Distribution of finished game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, this is my first post.
I have DBP and Dark Physics installed and running ok.

When I've finished writing a game, what (runtime) files do I need to distribute with the game, so that it can be installed on another computer.

I've been using am installer called INNO setup, which allows scripting and have distributed software using this.

I just need to know which files to include.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 22:16 Edited at: 5th Dec 2008 22:16
Your game itself is entirely self-contained - all DLLs and everything required to run are in the exe (except DirectX of course). There is a slight alteration at 7.0, where you can choose to leave the DLLs out and add them to the folder manually. In this case, I beliveve you get a manifest text file telling you what to include.

Depending on how you compile (check the project options), you may or may not embed the media in your exe file. If you don't then you must obviously include these in your installer too.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 16:14
The NVidia PhysX drivers dont get included in your exe. And they are required to make Dark Physics work. So I would add the drivers into your installer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 11:41:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 11:41:54