Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Sushis Concept Art

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 20:49
Hello all, im a new 3D artist here on the forums that is learning DarkBasic programmging. But I also do concept art whenever I have time. Just wanted to drop by and show some examples of my work to get your opinions. The first one is a digi-painting of my goblin king sketch, Thnx all.

portfolio
www.ktt3d.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sushi01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 20:50
here is a sketch of the swamp ghoul character I did a while back.....

Attachments

Sushi01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 20:52 Edited at: 7th Dec 2008 20:54
here is a desert dweller character I did, gona color him soon

Attachments

Sushi01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 20:52
here is another concept of a radioactive zombie charcter I did, inspiration from fallout 3, will post more later. tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 22:51
Very nice work. I like all of them but my favorite is the desert dweller. Would make a really cool game character.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 00:08 Edited at: 8th Dec 2008 00:14
very nice sketches. they're so good that the minor (ie, easily fixed) perspective issues are more pronounced:

1) Goblin: the nose appears to bend to its right (shading/lighting issue).

2) Swamp Ghoul: paint work - the beige/tan appears 'dry' while the green appears somewhat 'slimey'. since it's a 'swamp' creature, i don't know if you were going for that effect, or should it be all 'slimey'?

3) Desert Dweller: again, its mask muzzle appears to be facing too much to its right.

4) Radioactive Zombie: the strap on the left side of its head seems too high/should be lower, closer to the side of the head, for symmetry's sake. btw, is he wearing a (protective) cup?

overall, very nice work. i've seen your website before and you're very talented!

Virtual Nomad . California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium
Sushi01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 00:24 Edited at: 8th Dec 2008 00:29
Quote: "3) Desert Dweller: again, its mask muzzle appears to be facing too much to its right.
4) Radioactive Zombie: the strap on the left side of its head seems too high/should be lower, closer to the side of the head, for symmetry's sake. btw, is he wearing a (protective) cup?
"

Hey Vitural Nomad thanks for the critiques, im currently learning proper perspective when sketching, something I need to focus more on. The zombie is wearing a protective cup

Quote: "Very nice work. I like all of them but my favorite is the desert dweller. Would make a really cool game character.
"

Zenessem, yea thats what I was thinking, I was inspired from the little sand guys in FFXII. But I wanted to give this quy more of a origional design with the mask that allows him to breath when traveling through sandstorms.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 16:13:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 16:13:48