Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 18:03
I'm having some problems, i have an animated object (it's the ocean) and when i drop a box on this animated object it is only registering it as a flat plane and not updating for the animation.
The animated object is set as a mesh but can anyone think of a work around to get it to conform to the animation.
I did think about shooting a ray down and getting the height of the polygons below but i have no idea how to get the rotation to work and then even that would not work as i intended. I really want the object to move fluidly and not just stick to the object.

Any ideas?

^The link now works^
FINN MAN
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think there is any real good way. But it might work if you delete the object, in Dark Physics, advance the animation frame, and re-add the object to Dark Physics. If the object complicated then it will most likely be too slow to use as a workaround. You could also try per-building an Dark Physics object for each frame and just swap them out when you need to. That is probably a better way of doing it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-15 00:48:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-15 00:48:56