Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 16:06 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 17:33
Hi all,

Another penny arcade, I found this one while seraching thourgh lots of pictures on line, it simple you have to get the ball to get traped in the wheel with the short hole in it, if you get the long hole then you lose, the wheeel will move it up to the next level, there will be a bar to hold the ball to get your timing right, at the top of each wheel there's a hole in backplate which the ball will fall thourgh if in the long hole gap.

code update

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 16:09 Edited at: 17th Jan 2009 16:10
given up on the above one as there must have been something I missed when making the drawing, can't get the ball sphere to drop into the gaps right. plus can't find the picture I found when searching.

so here's another one I've start, this it called Prize finder, now i have a disc that spins ok, but when you put object on to it the don't stick, they go round but at about two thirds the speed of the disc.

here's the code if anyone think they might be able to see what might be wrong if anything.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 19:30
Hmm, I tried increasing the friction but no dice... the objects started to spin backwards

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 19:49
@bmaczero,

your reply had me think what if the values where negative, well now they sit in the air?

As they say the clues are there,(Oh yeh), ho well more messing about.

cheers for looking.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 12:49
I took out all the shape making stuff and just put a box for the shapes to drop on to, but even that does not work. So how do I get it to do what I want?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 15:00
This sort of works but does the opposite, everthing moves to the center?

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 15:56
Meh, I think you'll have to resort to other means to make them stay with disk. I'd try adding some little ridges to the disc:

I think it could work with some fine-tuning.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 16:07 Edited at: 31st Mar 2009 12:01
@bmaczero

don't think it would work right, as later on I was hoping to add an arm the would swing across in parallel arc to the spinning disc to knock the object off into the prize gift exit hole.

look up prize finder in picture search to see what I am trying make.

edit
here a link to one the machine half way down the page.
http://www.melright.com/bryans/bryvend.htm

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 21:42
Ah, I think I see.

Well, I think the best thing to do other than trying to find out what's up with the friction would be to have the program attached the prizes to the wheel until the arm is released or about to hit them, to minimize the sliding.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2009 22:56
Ho! rats, guess what, its to do with scale, make it to big and its not going to work, so taken the code and added scale=50.0 thus reducing all the object by 50% and now it works.

so you could say build it full size you like to see it then reduce every thing down afterwards.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 00:46
I've put the swing arm in but it does not knock anything off, I'm off to bed now, if anyone wants to have a look and see what might need to be done there welcome other wise I continue with it later.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 14:51:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 14:51:15