Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Errant AI in Source

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 12:17
are you kidding me whoa those weapons look like they were born for this
i wonder if the game creators will ever support an engine like source

gamer for life
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 12:36
Short answer, no.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce the combined size to 600x120 maximum size
Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 13:54
Long Answer, the source engine is a very powerfull engine and is at industry standard. FPS Creator, Dark Basic and other TGC products are not and don't try to be. They are affordable game creating tools for independant game developers. The source is worth 1000s of dollars and is used to make commercial products.

If there was another engine like source, as good as it or slightly worse or slightly better I highly doubt they would need the support of a company such as TGC. They could easily sell it for lots of money and do better than fine on their own.

Also Aaagreen the weapons look great in source, it's an incredible engine. Nice work, I'll check this mod of yours when it come.

Good Luck!

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 09:08
Hey, Aaa, you could use his halligan bar to replace the crowbar
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 10:10
@Toasty,

It has been considered,
but for now I have decided to put the project on hold. I'm currently training my skills and looking to join another Source group mod, and perhaps after doing a couple of projects, I'll have enough skill and experience to begin my own.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce the combined size to 600x120 maximum size
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 00:22
Good luck. My Source isn't going well either, so I'm just gonna map for CSS.

Damn, if only I could use EAI's guns in CSS...

Ich spreche Deutsch
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 10:09
Why would you want to though? CSS has a nice array of weapons, replacing them would be pointless..

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to a reasonable size (200KB Max) and include some self-respect
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 10:14
im with Private.WE WANT COOL ERRANTS WEAPONS IN COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE!.Its not pointless replacing those weapons,they get boring after you played thousands of hours of it.I already have custom weapons and sounds in my CSS.

A.K.A. djmaster
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 10:18
Then why would you want Errant's? No-one else will be able to see them, only you will have the burning pride inside you..

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to a reasonable size (200KB Max) and include some self-respect
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 10:19
its fun shooting with new weapons

A.K.A. djmaster
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 10:19 Edited at: 20th Feb 2009 10:22
In what way?

Anywho, enough of the off-topic.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 03:01
Aaa, it's perfectly okay if you don't have the time, but maybe you could ut on how to do this? Not pressuring you, but you seem to have a good idea...
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 10:29
1: Import the .x model into fragmotion. There is a 99% chance that there will be an error with the model.

2: Flip the entire model on the z axis.

3: Export 2 Half-Life 2 SMD files, one for mesh and one for anims.

4: Download the .smd plugins for Max (GMax is also supported, but I've never tried).

5: Import idle01.smd from steam\steamapps\yourusername\sourcesdk_content\hl2\modelsrc\weapons\pistol (You must have Source SDK installed for this)

6: If successful, there should be no mesh and just bones. Rename all the bones to whatever, then import both the mesh and anim file for your weapon.

7: Reposition the weapon so it looks like it should be, based on the pistol bones.

8: Delete the pistol bones.

9: Open the FPSC gunspec file of what gun you chose. Then, find that pistol folder (or whatever gun you wish to replace) and remove it's "read only" attributes.

10: In max, based on the gunspec file, export each animation based on the animation list in the gunspec.

11: For the lower animations (idle_to_low, idle_low, idle_to_nonthreat etc), use the first few frames of the "putaway" animation.

12: Once you've exported all the animations, export the reference mesh and compile using the .qc supplied in the Sourcesdk weapon's folder, use GUIstudioMDL.

13: If all is successful, and you compiled the weapon successfully, the game you compiled it for should have brand-spanking new weapons.

14: If not, read the error message in GUIstudio's interface.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 02:13
Thanks, much appreciated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 05:29:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 05:29:56