Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / How get object limb names?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 19:49 Edited at: 8th Sep 2009 19:43
I'm trying to make vehicle with dark physics, I modelled it in 3ds max and made bones to model(Is that correct way?) but how do I get those bone/limb names to use in dark physics? I found out command perform checklist for object limbs but I don't know how to use it. (I tried to print checklist quantity but it gives me only number 48)

Sorry about this really stupid question, I have feeling this has been asked 50 times before althought I couldn't find anything.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 20:00 Edited at: 1st Feb 2009 20:02
well that tell you it has 48 limbs which I expect you worked out.
limb 0 will be the first and that will proabley the object you made first when you started the Model.

this is not the best way but load in the model then use hide limb to find out which number is linked to which object. so if you think the front wheels is limb 18 then hide that one to confrim it.

or run Example #1503 to see how to list limbs(if you have update to 7.1.)

edit
nice model only your wheels are on the wrong axis should be like this.

Top view
[--------]

[--------] < x axis

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
TuPP3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 20:31 Edited at: 1st Feb 2009 20:32
Oh, I figured it out
I used for-next loop to narrow down limbs, and got numbers for them. But I realied that I haven't linked my bones to any wheels in 3ds max, should I do that? But do I need those bones in 3ds max at all? I thought those bones were limbs
Btw. I made that model for demostration about those bones I flipped my real model like you showed
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 20:44
could not say I've only use AC3D or turespace and that was basic box and disc.

good to hear you have flipped the model as when you get to make the wheels go round, if there not on the x axis they roll side ways.

if you not done so mess about with vehicle demo to see what does what, will make it easier to get your model to going, unless you have done that.

good luck.

TuPP3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 22:53 Edited at: 8th Sep 2009 19:44
More problems appeared. Wheels are not spinning around their own center, they are spinning around whole model center point! If I move model in 3ds max so that X axis goes throught center of rear wheels, rear wheels will spin fine, but front wheels will spin around them using same center point!

Here is whole project:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a04e209/n/CarPhys_zip

Code(Straight from manual but using my model):
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2009 23:25
what happened to the rotate object after you have load your object, this is part of one the problems.

this may not work as limb position x needs to be negative, positive, positive and negative for each wheel.

if you look at your model when its running in the PhysX debuger you will whats going on.

Keep going it will drive you nuts but once you get it will become easier.

TuPP3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 01:15
Quote: "what happened to the rotate object after you have load your object, this is part of one the problems. "

Do you mean original code:
load object "beach.x", 2
position object 2, 15, 2, -25
rotate limb 2, 0, 0, -90, 0
That's for if modeller has rotated car wrong. I tried that also without luck.
I also tried put limb position by numbers I got with "print object limb position x" etc. but same resoult.(I did put - in front of number)
And I forgot to mention that car immitiately rises to air and slowly spins around.
Anybody has had same problem? I can't belive it.
Also I can't get phy enable debug to work? Where should I put it?

But it's 2:10am in Finland and I have to get to school tomorrow by 9 so I'm going to bed now.
G T R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 05:50 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2009 05:55

use:

This function made my life easier

note:
when using panda exporter this worked perfectly with the top frame hierarchy mode, I have troubles in Sub-Frame

Snake_x86
TuPP3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 17:53
What that function is supposed to do? What I understood it can find limb by using its name(How can I name limbs?) But how is that suppose to help in this situation? I have already all limb numbers that I need to know(and confirmed).
To mention, I tested changing randomly those each wheel setting, seems they don't have any kind of effect even if I put there like 10000 to some places(except wheel radius)

I used "No Frames" when exporting, I changed it to top frame but nothing changed.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 18:40
TuPP3 down loaded your project and it seam that the auto model is broken, have ago at re doing it, could not load it into any of the cad packages I have.

TuPP3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 19:16 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2009 19:20
Could it be that host site messed it up? Here is just the "auto.x" file: http://www.filedropper.com/auto
What is cad package? Atleast PolyTras can iport it succesfully.
(I don't know any good host sites so I just googled these)

Also does anybody know why car rises to air immitiately when I start game? Should I set somekind of gravity or other settings?

I only need to get this to work for the one time, then I can continue my project and it will be simple when I do it again.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 19:33
well I got debuger work and it showing all the wheels in the same place, in the middle of the main body.

working out how to move them about using the limb position(2,1)+?? or -??

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 20:10
this gets it going, see how you go from there.

TuPP3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 22:13 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2009 22:14
Wow, thanks, it's finally staying on ground! I messed around settings so that it's wheels are touching ground and spinning same direction. But car feels way too light, is there way increase its weight or increase gravity? It's like driving on moon.
But there is more problems, one is that when turning only left side wheels turn.(I have set wheel locations correctly) And another problem is that car is moving very slowly, maybe car body is touching ground? Could you check that if your debug is working and maybe send a screenshot?

Here is one question I really need answer when I'm building another vehicle:
So when im modelling vehicle should I move all wheels to center of modelling program to get their pivot points correct, and then move them in place inside DBP by using offset limb?

I think you have to download modified model to test my code because now I put all wheels to center of 3ds max and moved wheels to their place with code in DB:
http://www.megaupload.com/fi/?d=6N1M4IPD
Here is code with my settings(I added mouse controlled camera for better testing):
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 22:51 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2009 22:53
should not have had to move your wheels in 3ds, as what you are doing is moving the physx wheel (invisible) to the position of visible wheels.

this how my tank looks then, I make the physX wheels fit it.

can be alot of trial and error, I take what works with the vehicle demo the slowly change bits till it does it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 15:38:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 15:38:29