Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Zombie Mod additions

Author
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 20:14
does this include new animation scripts? cause im confused how this stuff works, could you make enemies walk and attack with different animations? (what will the cost be, and will it be able to work with migration i believe migration is open source but i have also heard there are some reasons, many mods wont work with it ) thanks

shadow666
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
This requires plys mod. I am going to email bond1 about the animations and the licence, hopefully he'll agree to work together and then there will be animations. I dont know what migration is really...
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 21:11
ok , and for animation style, check out silent hill, the way its charecters just walk creeps you out.

shadow666
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
OK hopefully though bond1 will do the animations, im hopless at this stuff not even made a weapon before im eailing bond1 with the request now
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 21:43
We would need a zombie that respawns every 10 seconds until 10 zombies are spawned then it stops respawning.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
http://chargedstudios.fpschost.com/
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
There are two ways i see this happening...

1) There are 5 spawin points for zombies. Each level the amount of zombies increases and the zombies come at once and therefore there are more zombies comming in each round. That would make the rounds quicker and would make the game slightly easier (Zombie mod gets impossible at level 15, this may last to say, 20).

2) There are 25 spawin points for zombies in a huge room, the unlockables enable new areas to hide in but dont have new entering areas for zombies. The zombies spawn 2 times (once they die it takes 500 miliseconds for the next one to spawn. There are only 2 zombies to begin with. As the time moves on the amount of times the zombie spawns increases until it eventually runs out of lifes and it dies.
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 23:51
i emailed bond1 but he still hasnt answered

shadow666
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Same... Im gonna give it a week before i try anything else... Im still looking for any ideas on what should be included guys
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 09:44
Well if you dont mind,ill use all of this stuff in my new game powered by Project Blue thats gonna be simmilar to COD5 zombie mod just that mine will take place in an old church.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
This does require PLY'S mod remember.

Im gonna charge people for this when its finished. The basic scripts will be free but if bond1 joins then i can make animations and the animations along with the basic and several extra scripts is gonna cost...
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey does anyone know a command or group of commands in plys mod or in normal FPSC that will tell you which slot is being used by the player. (Weapon slot) i need it for my limited weapons so that you switch the weapon that is being held with the weapon on the floor... I need this script guys! Please help!
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 11:03
Maybe once you pick up a shotgun it increases shotgunvar by 1,once you find another one,if shotgunvar=1 then if you press enter it drops the current weapon and picks up the new one but I dont know how are you going to make dropping the weapon possible.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
The drop weapon is easy. Im gonna use replace weapon. The thing is that i need to find a way to switch the weapon that you will pickup with the weapon that you are holding when you buy the weapon...
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 23:03
there are many mods, this one is pretty cool but i also want others because they have different features. what should i do?

shadow666
Dahjah
Years of Service
User Offline
This isn't a mod, just a set of scripts. It's called zombie mod because that is what it's emulating (Call of Duty Zombie Mod) in FPSC.
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:33
oh sweet, i have a script idea but its extremly hard to create, near impossible with fpsc, but if it was created the result would be amazing though....

shadow666
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 01:36
@john:

Make a thread about it. It may not be as impossible as you think. At the very least, it may be achievable to some low-level degree.

Also, people don't normally create scripts for you, so pose it as a question of "How would I go about doing this?" instead of "Can someone make this?" That should ensure at least some intelligent responses to help with an idea

The one and only,

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 04:13
@ply, thanks for the advice but, lol, i did post it as a thread and in multiple other threads, but people got angry because it was impossible lol. it was the look at instead of walk into-(as in , instead of walking into the trigger zone to create it, you have to look at it)-trigger zone, i doubt its possible, and if it is it would be extemely hard . but thanks sooooo much if someone can make this (which i doubt because its a new thing in even common games like fear 2) i gave up on this script being made a while ago anyway lol

shadow666
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 05:00
Well, the thing is, you can't "look at" a triggerzone because it's invisible.

If you're wanting a "look at entity to activate it" kind of script, that's easily done with ply's mod.

The one and only,

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 05:47
really?!?! oh my god!! what script!?

shadow666
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 06:59 Edited at: 1st May 2009 07:01
john schwarcz

It may be helpful for you to look at Ply's manual. It will help you out. All script commands are pretty much, "what you see, is what you get", or a "Wysiwyg", much like html. Also, the community guide, yet again, has Ply's help in it to teach you to script.

And believe me, learn it. It will seriously help you create better FPSC games.

And please capitalize "God's" Name.
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 07:10
where can i read plys manual thanks, i am not able to download his mod yet, and lol about the god thing, im agnostic
thanks for the help

shadow666
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 07:58
Let's refrain from getting into a religious debate, guys.

You can find the manual in the download for the Mod. I'm wondering why you cannot simply download the Mod, extract the manual and read it.

The one and only,

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 08:49
my comps messed up. cant download anything right now, but ill give it a try on another comp

shadow666
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
This *mod* requires plys mod anyway so you have to download it at some stage. You may aswell make a new thread avout your idea and add a link to this thread. I personally will have a good think about your idea. I'm sort of stuck at the moment... Plys weapon theory is prooving tricky... I'll post my progress when I get back home from school
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 19:40
ya i looked at his scripts, and they were pretty cool, but they controled the charecter, and i dont want the charecter to be forced to do anything.

shadow666
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 20:36 Edited at: 2nd May 2009 09:46
Heres my current progress:

This is the hard part:

This is the easy part, its atatched to the weapon, in this case the G36C;

This is the problem:

The huds dont appear. The weapon gets picked up but not switched and in some cases, when i set the twoweapons variable to 1 nothing happens at all.

For some reason all of the backslashes arent being copied into my first script. I assure you that all of the directorys are correct. I assume that the problem is a simple one.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 02:20
You're using the weapon commands wrong.

This is how you're using them:
haveweap="tavor"

This is how they should look:
have=scifi/tavor

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 09:53 Edited at: 2nd May 2009 11:22
Ah i did do that but when i copied across the script it didnt copy the: ''. It is '' and not '/'? Well ive changed it now and have a look at it and tell me what you think. Whilst changing it i believe that i may have found the problem.

im not sure if it of any relevance but i have set the max weapon slot to 2
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 12:16
They shouldn't be in quotes.

Also, what is this?
Quote: "addvar=$RA 20"

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
How do i add ammo to a weapon?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 22:53
If you don't have the weapon's ammo bound to a variable, you'll need to force the player to pick up an entity of ammo. This can be done through further scripting, but that ammo entity will need to be somewhere in the level.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
can i treat the ammo like a weapon?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 04:25
If you mean using it like "giveweap=<ammo>" then no, you can't.

Here's what you can do:
1) Bind the ammo of all your weapons to variables (This will also let you optionally pool weapon ammo together by giving multiple weapons the same variable). After that, you can simply add to the weapon's variable to increase it's ammo.

2) Place a continuously spawning ammo entity somewhere (Make sure only 1 can exist at a time, and that it is Always Active) and give it a script like this:

Now, when the player needs to get that specific ammo, just activate that ammo entity with a value of 1 and the player will automatically recieve it.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. im going to continue my work on the weapons later. Im now focusing on the waves. This is waht i have so far.

Zombies renamed:

Zombie 2 - Wave 0 (Copied twice)
Zombie 2 - Wave 1 (copied five times)

Wave 1 set spawn at start to no.
start - appear1 - See scripts below
destroy - A functioning destroy system
Wave 0 start - appear0 - See scripts below
main - A functioning customised follow command
destroy - A functioning destroy system

A set of waypoint paths has been intriduced.

Appear0:

Appear1:

The problem is that when the first wave (works perfectly) dies it doesnt spawn the second wave. I'm assuming that the second wave requires the 'if used' to be activated but im not sure how do place that in the charactor or how to trigger it by another charactor dying... Help anyone? (Probably ply )
FRAG_GAMING
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2009 23:39
Hey guys its me Arenas. I am going to, from now on, use this as my forum profile as i am making a game with a team and the product will be entered as a LEAP company product. I will only use Arenas to reply to previous posts. Just wanted to say that and to see whether the avatar my graphics designer has made is any good. It should be

http://arenas4146.webs.com/
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 8th May 2009 06:22
all character animations scripters report to this thread http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=150276&b=23&p=0 lol thought this would be a good place to put this

shadow666
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone have any ideas on how to slve my problem?? Its sort of vital to the game...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 13:49
Because you must activate an entity with a value of 1 to make them spawn if they were set "Spawn At Start = No".

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive thought of that, the problem is that you cant give a charactor has no if used properties.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 07:08
You can hardcode an ifused property into an entity's FPE file. Although this won't let you change it between instances of the entity, it will still allow you to have an if used field on a character.

But, that's really no different than using "settargetname=Zombie 2 - Wave 1,activatetarget=1"

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well what im gonna do when i distribute this is create a new charactor for each wave, this way you dont need to edit the scripts of the charactors and will make the 'mod' much easier to use. Im gonna make up to wave 20 and then if anyone wants anymore i'll tell them how to make it themselves.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 01:28
Wow great job, and very fast too. I've been watching the progress of this post and i gotta say you have been working real fast. Im sure this is going to turn out great, looking forward to the release

-Cyclone
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well there is actually one script that im haveing problems with and i dont know how to get around it. Its the wave script and without it it may prove to be the undoing of Zombie Mod

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 22:16
Im sure you'll figure it out, if not ask for help

-Cyclone
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2009 02:23
I'm getting much better at scripting, what's your problem Arenas? I'm sure I can help

"Tempo non é só unha teoría, senón unha forza"
Try and figure it out
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2009 09:06 Edited at: 14th May 2009 09:38
Well im sure that i have already posted the problem here or was it in another thread? Anyway this is it (its a biggy)

I have incorperated an if used function into the zombies and named each wave 'Wave X' as ply suggested. Now that i have this function in side the zombie it all works OK. The problem is that as soon as the zombie dies and the if used function is activated the zombie freezes in the middle of its animation and then remains like that for the rest of the game. The work around that i have tried is when the Zombies killed variable reaches a cirtain number then it will spawn the next wave from an external script. This doesnt work at all... These are the in progress scripts: (Please note that the zombie to be spawned in each case is set to NOT spawn at the beginning of the level)

This script will spawn the next zombie, it works well but will only means that i can have one zombie per wave. The animations also freeze while this script nears the en of the run and the 'destroy' command is never used by the computer.

Zombie Script (Named zombie1destroy (alternate version) :

This is the second script which will work with an external variable checker. It doesnt work as the waves dont spawn but the zombies do finish their animated deaths. This method would enable me to have more than one zombie per wave. The amount would also be customiseable by the user.

Zombies Script (Named zombie1destroy (alternate version)) :

Externat Script (Named killspawnmoderator) :

PS anyone who has helped majorly will be included in the aknowlagements, obviously PLY at the moment and anyone else who helps majorly)

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Once fixed i can relase the entire mod????

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 22:59
Mmmm im sursprised no1 has said anything. Im really looking forward to this and im sure there are many others too.

[img][/img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 23:29
Quote: "the if used function is activated "

I see no "activateifused" in your scripts. What are you refering to here?

Also, in your "Externat" script, your first lines have three colons. You should only have 2 colons per line.

Quote: "the zombie freezes in the middle of its animation and then remains like that for the rest of the game"

I see that you're trying to use animation 97 in your scripts there. Make sure that that animation exists within the entity's FPE file.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-28 09:19:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-28 09:19:18