Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / warriors in war : edit at will

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 12:59 Edited at: 13th Apr 2009 10:55
warriors in war:edit at will is a 3d adventure puzzle game.

Objective:
to figure out the puzzle by changing the colors of thing then completing the level.

Gameplay:
there will be two types of gameplay, one is free mode where you can do what you want. the other is puzzle mode were you have to change the colors of things then play through the level but if the colors are wrong you will have to start again but don't worry the levels will be short.the puzzles will involve numers so if your not to good at maths then you better get better

stats:
=complete
=started
=thinking about
=not thought about

=start screen
=plan of the game
=cars
=story
=color changing
=level 1
=character
=houses
=level 2
=level 3

is this better now? it seems more like the other WIP's.I can't add screen shots yet because i am still working on level 1.

www.madninjas.co.nr we are mad and we are ninjas
Garion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 17:02
changing the colors of things? I don't get it
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 20:11
He probly means that the level is made from an image. And different colours makes diffrerent objects.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 20:50 Edited at: 6th Apr 2009 21:54
Either way this thread doesn't conform to being a valid WIP on the WIP board as there is no progress report, no screenshots and only 2 lines of WIP. xD
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 04:58
Please post screenshots or some sign of progress so we know you're not just bluffing . I don't want to see this get locked if you actually have a legitimate project going here .

<---Spell casting battle game!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 10:01 Edited at: 7th Apr 2009 10:01
We don't care if you have nothing to show. Many of us have many more ideas that are much more in depth and better than that, but that doesn't mean we make a thread about them. Wait until you have a fleshed out idea with screenshots next time before posting. And try to learn how to communicate ideas in and type in English decently, please. Especially since you are a native speaker, you have no excuse.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 01:33 Edited at: 8th Apr 2009 01:34
Listen to Gil. First off you don't have the requirements for a prototypical W.I.P post, let alone a successful one that will get people interested. Second of all the idea is hardly developed and wouldn't even belong in Game Design Theory. And how does this game related to your RPG Maker XP game? How is an RPG similar to what you're describing?

Oh, and I love the website.

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
sry it took so long for me to post again i still have no screen shots but i can tell you more info:

you will get to choose from a series of levels and when you pick one you will be able to change the colors of things by clicking on them wich, even though sounds simple may end up funny like changing the colors of people or making a house have pink flours over it when on top it has a massive skull and blood splatered over the walls i know it is probably the most simple idea yet but it is for people who just want to take time off all the programing and make somthing simple but funny to play i will also make it so you can drag objects so you could make it funny.
to edit you press E and to play you press P, to move stuff you press M it will be so simple

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yea, gil what do you mean native speaker?

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 20:31
Quote: "Especially since you are a native speaker, you have no excuse."

How do you know that...

Quote: "oh yea, gil what do you mean native speaker?"

When you are a "native speaker" of a language, it means that you have been speaking that language since childhood.

Anyway, please post some screenshots ASAP, and don't attempt to create a project that is too difficult for you to handle (I'm not saying this one is). So far this would belong in the Game Design Theory section until you have some screenshots to show .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 20:48 Edited at: 10th Apr 2009 20:56
Quote: "How do you know that..."

I've talked with him on YouTube and judging by the age he told me he is and the fact that he has no structural errors, but just types like a typical noob and misspells a lot of simple words. His user name is also generally an American/UK name. The way he types has all the signs of a lazy native speaker. Even if he somehow isn't one, that's still no excuse to type like that, other European languages have most of the same grammatical rules English does (punctuation, capitalization). When I started learning Spanish I didn't start typing things like "hola me lamo gil commo te lammas como estas estoy bieen gracias y tu lol".

Mike, your typing is basically unreadable, most people won't take the time to try to decipher what you're saying. You'd get a lot better response if you typed properly and formulated your ideas better. Since you don't seem to know how to do that, here's an example with what you just said:
Quote: "Sorry it took so long for me to post again. I still have no screen shots but I can tell you more info:

You will get to choose from a series of levels and, when you pick one, you will be able to change the colors of things by clicking on them. Even though sounds simple, it may end up with some funny results because you could do things like change the colors of people or make a house with pink flours on it, but have a massive skull and blood splattered over the walls.

I know it is probably the most simple idea yet, but it is for people who just want to take time off all the programing and play something funny and simple. I will also make it so you can drag objects around and do funny things with them.

To edit objects you will press E, to play you will press P, and to move stuff you will press M, so it will be so simple"

Is it really that difficult to type like that? See how much easier it is to read?

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 20:58 Edited at: 10th Apr 2009 21:03
*sigh*

Still have no clue what the point of this game is. And you still haven't showed us anything.

EDIT: Testing sig.

~Sad Ninjas~ We are sad and we are ninjas.
Garion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 22:31
Yes! Changing object colors sounds so fun!

~Rainbow Ninjas~ We are ninjas and we change colors of things.
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 23:18
I agree with Garion. Also, everyone should just leave mike alone. I'm sure he can do better media than you can. Just give him some time, he's obviously having some sort of difficulty

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QypJDyrYSaI&feature=channel_page

That's all I'm going to say in terms of media.

~Sad Ninjas~ We are sad and we are ninjas.
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
thx destroyer hive i think...... anyway i am not that lazy i just type fast to save time. cian rice i made that when i was young now im into 3d modeling and 3d animation, check out my madninjas youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/madninjasproductions) i made these about 2 months after i know these are still bad but my deviant art is alot better (http://mike5424.deviantart.com/) (check out my hiro drawing) so see my improvments and im still getting better

p.s. don't make fun of madninjas

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yea one last thing, what is wrong with all of you just because my game idea sounds bad it dosen't mean it will be

heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 17:37 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 17:38
The thing is that a "game idea" belongs in the Game Design section and not WIP because it's still only an idea, and because of this people are just gonna insult you because you posted it here...
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
oh, ok i din't know there was a game idea section. well then if it's in the wrong place please can some one lock this thread or delete it. thx heyufool1

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 05:17
Quote: "anyway i am not that lazy i just type fast to save time"

That's exactly what lazy is. You can't be bothered to spend an extra 10 seconds on typing a message even if it would make people respect you more. No one is going to take you seriously if you type like that, and very few people will take the time to even read it, is that really that hard to understand? You are improving on your media, though.

Quote: "oh yea one last thing, what is wrong with all of you just because my game idea sounds bad it dosen't mean it will be"

When did I say it was a bad idea? I don't even know what the idea is because you make no sense with the way you type on here, it's ridiculous that you can't type normally.

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
what is wrong with my typing anyway i might spell a word wrong now and again but there isn't much wrong and gil i din't mean you

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 13:59
Well except for the fact that you come out as a complete idiot I guess it's just fine.

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 16:01 Edited at: 12th Apr 2009 16:08
They are saying that you should use punctuation and capitalize the first letters of sentences, that's all. Trust me, it can go a long way .

Anyway, you should state the objective of this game. What are we as players going to be trying to do? Do we have to make everything blue in one level? Do we have to make a color patten in another? I understand that the gameplay will involve changing the colors of things, but what is the ultimate purpose of changing these colors?

Basically, what's the point?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe you could edit your first post and organize it into sections>>

OBJECTIVE:

-Write the objective of the game here. This is very important, as a game without some sort of goal isn't really a game at all, but rather a technical demo of sorts.

GAMEPLAY:

-Write how the game will play here. Separate different ideas into paragraphs or bullet pointed lists...

ANYTHING ELSE:

-This section should probably include screenshots and maybe a "To-Do" list before the screenshots. If you do that you should generate more interest in your WIP. But make sure you're not jumping the gun with this project!

This might be helpful:
How to Know Your Game is Ready for a W.I.P Post

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thank you sixty squares.I will edit my first post now, thank you.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 22:26 Edited at: 13th Apr 2009 16:08
Quote: "
=first level
=level 1"

? :S

EDIT:

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yea lol thx C0wbox lol i will change that now

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 07:47
Also useful to read: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109365&b=19

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
Man..... I was such a n00b . My post was n00bish(i don't think that's a word) even my website was n00bish. Have a look at it now. Anyways can a mod lock this or delete it. I have changed since then and i don't think that i would of even been able to make this. I could now but i have much better ideas. If i could go back in time i would kick myself where it hurts and then make a proper WIP. Sorry guys.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 11:26
It's okay, mike5424. Nearly everyone once starts here with overambitious ideas - it takes experience and experience can only be gained by falling and getting up again.

Looking forward to your next project.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 06:25
Good to see you are finally starting to take the advice I gave you over several weeks and see what Cian and I were saying. Keep it up, just think through your next project and make some progress (with evidence like screenshots) before posting it .

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys

If anyone wanted to know what the point of this game was then..... well.... um.....
let me give you an example:
table:
The squere route of 64?
Then you would click the table 8 times.
It would change the color of the table each time you click it.
Eventualy (<-- Don't know how to spell it.) it would color the scene in the right colors.
The problem is high numbers (5000+5000) I don't know about you but i don't want to click a table exactly 10,000 times and i definatly don't want to program it to change 10,000 color (All different)

Thanks again!

P.S. Sorry if there was any bad spelling or grammar but im holding my hamster with my other hand.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 03:03:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 03:03:55