Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 06:18
Quote: "One more thing. The name 'Red Eye' has already been trademarked, meaning that using it is illegal. I suggest you change the name."

hmmm... thats not always true. In this case he could easily fight it if someone was trying to sue him.

The Name "Red Eye" is already registered to about 5 business's. Do a trademark search if you don't believe me. Someone cannot merely go around and trademark a certain word that is common so no one can use it.

So in this case, it is fair to have your game named Red Eye.

Anything is Possible!
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 11:04 Edited at: 28th Apr 2009 11:07
@marc steene:

First of all thanks very much for giving me so much critic. I apreciate that.

Quote: "I think to begin with I'll focus on things not in game First of all, there are numerous spelling errors scattered around your story, as well as the trailer. I understand that English isn't your first language, but it's not exactly hard to copy and paste your text into Word and hit F7 Anyway, enough on spelling."

that is correct, and I will correct that. I will upload a full story at the end of this week..

Quote: "I thought the trailer was relatively pointless. For almost the entire 1:20 I was staring at a blank screen and some text, with the exception of about 4 seconds of video, which wasn't even in game . A trailer is designed to advertise your game and build up anticipation for it, and to be honest; it bored me (not to say I won't download your game, it is free after all)."

you are very true, although it was very experimental, i think you are right at that point,, but thanks,, and again i shall make another trailer....

Quote: "The storyline is pretty typical of most other sci fi alien games. Unstoppable alien force...humans forced off the planet...humans find a way to kill aliens...humans reindustrialise Earth etc etc. Though to be honest it was badly worded so I didn't really understand it anyway."

I dont think you understood me well.
First, it is not a scifi game, or a alien game. It is all about nature and his creatures. And much more...
Quote: "humans find a way to kill aliens"

Well That is NOT true. But to know that you have to understand the story. And read the whole story, that i havent yet uploaded.
It is really different than everything you said there. , but i hope after I upload the pdf, i will make myself clear...

Quote: "One other thing, why is CoZ referred to as his game 'Demon Sun' under the beta testers "

sorry for that, i wanted to typ in CoZ but then i was thinking of Demon Sun, and without noticing i was typing Demon Sun. lol nevermind

Quote: "I really like the green lighting and the plants in the game, giving it a cool, original touch. The custom HUD is a nice break away from the traditional FPSC games, although I really don't like the placement of the lives counter. You've placed lights well and made good use of CSG Cutters. The game itself looks good"

thanks

Quote: "The banner at the top of the thread is slightly plain/boring. It's just a red circle fading into black. Maybe you could work on this and make it into some form of recognisable icon?"

again thanks for the critic i appreciate that, i am gonna make a new right now....

Quote: "One more thing. The name 'Red Eye' has already been trademarked, meaning that using it is illegal. I suggest you change the name."

That is not true. Red Eye is not registered trademark as a game. Maybe as a company, but not as a game. So yes i can use it.

Thanks mate and stay tuned,

Red Eye,

Red Eye Productions

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 16:00
Thanks for clearing some stuff up, it looks like you have a great game going on here. If you want an idea for a logo, you should use something organic with the red glow to fit in with the game.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 18:58 Edited at: 28th Apr 2009 19:00
Quote: "If you want an idea for a logo, you should use something organic with the red glow to fit in with the game."

Cool. Thanks Look at this one.

My friend corrected the story. Thanks Mate!!!

PS: Obviously the Red Eye name, corresponds to something in the game. Secret....

Gonna make some cutscenes now... stay tuned.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 19:12
That looks great, it's way better than the original. What are you using to make the cutscenes?

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 20:06
Sorry I haven't given my review yet. I've been busy. Anyways, you have a very unique atmosphere with your levels. The lighting looks very natural, the foliage suits the story and the level very well, and there are some one of a kind effects in there. Keep up the great work!

Survivor: Survival Horror project

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147700&b=25
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 23:50 Edited at: 29th Apr 2009 23:52
Quote: "That looks great, it's way better than the original. What are you using to make the cutscenes?"

3DSMAX I just import there my whole FPSC Level (a part of it)....
And then with Cameras....
But i dont like cutscenes very much, just at the beginning (intro) and at the end (ending), the most things happen in game.

@ Gears of War: Thanks Mate

New Screens:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2091/screen1xya.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1900/screen2e.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6599/screen3q.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1456/screen4y.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/898/screen5w.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8871/screen7.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8771/screen8v.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8906/screen9g.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2579/screen10p.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3329/screen11.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3631/screen12.jpg

PS: To see new updates, you dont need to check last page just look at the first post. C&C are welcome.

EDIT: I see the pictures arent very high quality, but i think thats because it is in .JPG format.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
C&C Is Welcome

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 18:42 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 18:42
With the exception of the last few shots (which are decent), Im going to be honest and say, the screenshots dont have a strong sense of location to emotional depth to them. (For Example: If you had a powerplant scene in mind, make it look like one). The floor texture in the first shot looks horribly stretched and low res, so you might want to think about that, along with lightning up some of the light coming from the wall sources (In some textures, there seems to be alot of detail, so it would be a shame if you couldnt see it.) As a final note, whats with all that grass/vegitation on the floor?? It reminds me of that house owner in england who rented out his house to a couple of foreign folk, and then came back 6 months later to find his house had been turned into a cannabis growing factory..(So you may want to rethink your entity placement and use).
On a positive note, the shots so far look interesting, and Im sure it will be a fun game to play once polished up.

CoZ

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the critic mate...

Quote: "The floor texture in the first shot looks horribly stretched and low res, so you might want to think about that, along with lightning up some of the light coming from the wall sources"

that is true and will fix that... but i dont think a light always need to have a light source...i think it gives another feeling to a game.... but that is just me...

Quote: "(So you may want to rethink your entity placement and use)."

nah.. did you read the story, although it is not the complete one, i think you will have another imnpression of the game...

Quote: "As a final note, whats with all that grass/vegitation on the floor?? It reminds me of that house owner in england who rented out his house to a couple of foreign folk, and then came back 6 months later to find his house had been turned into a cannabis growing factory.."

indeed, but this is 100 years

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 20:17
I'm going to be honest and say that's hardly fair, COZ.
This game actually looks to be pretty original in both storyline and atmosphere. I can see plenty of both showing through in the screenshots so I'm not really sure where you're looking. Maybe it needs 5 layers of grunge and some orange lights or something before you consider it atmospheric and emotional.

I personally love the vegetation in the levels, it's something I've toyed around with in FPSC in my earlier days and no easy accomplishment to get it to the standard in
those screenshots.

Some vines or climbing plants would looks really good in the first few screens, or maybe some small bursts of grass like plants coming out between the floorboards. If you lower the light in screen 5, you'll get some really nice shadows thought the stairs which you might be interested in And screens 7-12, what can I say? Awesome stuff, really nice mysterious atmosphere going on there. Some very nice personal touches to the level you've put in, looks really well done.

Red Eye has to be one of the proper game designers on this part of the forum, that bothers to try and make their own stuff. It's refreshing to see someone who tries to make their game uniquely their own, without just leeching media from the community or using a generic storyline. Keep it up, great work so far.

Paul

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 20:51 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 20:52
Quote: "The Name "Red Eye" is already registered to about 5 business's"

While that may be true they have different spellings and capitilisations, allowing them to be considered different trademarks.

Quote: "Someone cannot merely go around and trademark a certain word that is common so no one can use it. "

Actually, they can That's the entire point of a trademark

Quote: "Red Eye is not registered trademark as a game. Maybe as a company, but not as a game. So yes i can use it."

No, you can't. You're thinking of patenting. If you trademark a word, you own that word. No one else can use it unless that trademark is sold, regardless of what it applies too. If what you're saying is true, I could go and start a music company called Microsoft

Quote: "Maybe it needs 5 layers of grunge and some orange lights or something before you consider it atmospheric and emotional."

The orange lights are awesome, don't dis them

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 20:53 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 21:12
I agree with Paul. The screens give me a real sense of immersion. I also really like how vegetation has been encorperated. It makes this game stand out above the rest on this forum.

Quote: "This game actually looks to be pretty original in both storyline and atmosphere. I can see plenty of both showing through in the screenshots so I'm not really sure where you're looking. Maybe it needs 5 layers of grunge and some orange lights or something before you consider it atmospheric and emotional."

I second that.

Quote: "No, you can't. You're thinking of patenting. If you trademark a word, you own that word. No one else can use it unless that trademark is sold, regardless of what it applies too. If what you're saying is true, I could go and start a music company called Microsoft. "

There is a big difference between a music company and a game made with FPSC. Red Eye hasn't mention if the game is even going to be sold... I looked up "Red Eye" and found a film, a record label and a web development company all with the same spelling of the name. If these can all co-exist sharing the name, then do you think a gaming made on the likes of FPSC is really going to cause them grief?

I bet you could google alot of games on here and find industries or record labels etc under said names.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 21:23
Quote: "I'm going to be honest and say that's hardly fair, COZ."

Look up constructive criticism on wikipedia first, then get back to me on that one. It sometimes seems to me that you post in response to my comments, with the soul purpose of annoying me.
Quote: "so I'm not really sure where you're looking."

Lets get this straight. You have completely missunderstood my context of "emotional depth". Take silent hill for example. The developers wanted to create a ruined city/village etc. They then captured this feel through the use of their textures, level design and entity placement etc. To put simply, the player becomes aware, and is able to connect to the location (e.e He knows that he is walking through a ghost town..and not small city which had heavy fog forecasted.
Reading back over Red Eye's response, you can see that he took it in his stride without getting edgy etc, and excepted that I was giving him C&C (Afterall, I want his game to be the best it can be). As for you Paul, Im unsure what to say. I dont know what your problem is with me posting C&C, but you definitely have one. I say this because this isnt the first time you have started having digs at me and my style of game design/posting. I Quote:
Quote: "From a member who is so respected around here, I expected more"
Im going to leave it there, But I suggest you re-think your attitude towards me, because Im really starting to dislike you.

We are all indie game developers, and therefore C&C should be taken light heartedly and as a complement. Im only trying to help people achive the best they can.

CoZ

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 21:52
Quote: "The developers wanted to create a ruined city/village etc. They then captured this feel through the use of their textures, level design and entity placement etc."

Quote: "whats with all that grass/vegitation on the floor?? It reminds me of that house owner in england who rented out his house to a couple of foreign folk, and then came back 6 months later to find his house had been turned into a cannabis growing factory..(So you may want to rethink your entity placement and use)."

Red Eye wanted to create an environment where nature is reclaiming the man made structures, what exactly about his use of textures, level design and entity placement are you not seeing in your quest for emotional depth? I think it was mildy rude, insulting and slightly lacking in constructive criticism, to compare the key element in the storyline to a cannabis farm.

The plants looks dominating, powerful and myseterious at the same time, which twinned with the fog makes a scene which is both attractive and daunting. I don't know what you're judging this emotional depth on, but as far as I can tell, the screens he's shown are pretty emotionally representative of the storyline he's constructed.

Paul

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 21:56 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 21:57
I'll stop this from turning into a flame: Paul, I don't know about you, but you seem to be taking CoZ's criticism the wrong way. He's only trying to help and not trying to offend him in any way. From what I know, you are taking it way too seriously just because CoZ is trying to make Red Eye's game better in any way possible. All I suggest is that you take it for granted that a game needs criticism or ignore any comments made. I'm not taking sides, I'm just defending both reasons.

-FCV

NO LONGER ABLE TO PLAY ON MY CRAPBOX SINCE I GOT THE RRoD
FPSC-Online Forums
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:00
Quote: "If these can all co-exist sharing the name, then do you think a gaming made on the likes of FPSC is really going to cause them grief? "

That isn't the point. The fact of the matter is it's illegal. That's like me going 'Ok. I'm going to pirate Adobe Photoshop. It's only one copy, so is it really going to cause them much grief?'

Quote: ""Red Eye" and found a film, a record label and a web development company all with the same spelling of the name. "

Then they either decided on an agreement with each other, or 'Red Eye' was only recently trademarked.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:00
Quote: "compare the key element in the storyline to a cannabis farm."

I can see your side of the argument on that one, although it was meant as a light hearted joke..which is the way red eye took it.

CoZ

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:07 Edited at: 1st May 2009 12:13
WOW.

@CoZ: I did took a it little offensive.. i dont want to go further on this ... although one thing....

You say that we are all indie game developers, and should take every C&C as a complement. But before that you took the Critic of Paul pretty offensive, I think he was just trying to help you.
Well i dont want to go further with this chat, as it is not very kind for anybody... Just if you want thought.

I just hope i wont say the things i want to say right now. So...Shall we stop?

@Paul: thanks mate, comments greatly appreciated

@Butt Monkey: Thanks Mate

And to erveryone else: thanks for the comments, expect some screens soon....

stay tuned

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 02:32
man I cant wait to take your game for a test run. its looking great. say, redeye what type of bad guys are you going to have?

more than what meets the eye
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 12:26 Edited at: 1st May 2009 12:26
@michael x: Thanks, i am gonna email you something

@Everyone: some screens will be posted in a few hours. stay tuned

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 16:21
alright yes!

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
email dropped, sorry for my lateness

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I look forward to seeing screens.

And it would appear as if this forum isn't big enough for the two of them.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 17:34
did you like the shots?

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And it would appear as if this forum isn't big enough for the two of them."

I meant CoZ and Paul112 lol.

And I didn't know about the new screens section, thanks.

As for the new screens, not much can really be said that hasn't already been said, looks great. Some look a bit dark though, perhaps you could implement a flashlight?
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I meant CoZ and Paul112 lol."

ow lol, sorry

Quote: "As for the new screens, not much can really be said that hasn't already been said, looks great. Some look a bit dark though, perhaps you could implement a flashlight?"

thanks mate, and you are right, but already have done that

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 10:46
Quote: "And it would appear as if this forum isn't big enough for the two of them."

You trying to say I'm fat, POK? Just kidding...

New screens look awesome Red Eye, hard to find anything to crit.

Some of the light sources don't look lit up by the lights, but thats an FPSC problem. You could try making the light models dynamic and immobile, but that has some strange effects sometimes and doesn't always help.

Looking great though
Paul

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ". You could try making the light models dynamic and immobile, but that has some strange effects sometimes and doesn't always help."

thanks mate, and i will try that... more screens soon

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You trying to say I'm fat, POK?"

Must have been those pants you were wearing.

lol
Mr FPSC
Years of Service
User Offline
I feel depressed, all i can ever make is terrible games with lame story lines and weak atmosphere
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 20:06
Hows it going Red Eye?

Survivor: Survival Horror project

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147700&b=25
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
- Actually it is going quite well... (And i did want that this thread went down to the deapest caves, couple of pages further, so i can bump it up with very new screenshots....just kidding...)

It goes good, working on a side project, to make different things... but for a couple of weeks (2-3) i wont be making this game... (it is still in development but very slowly, as i have to do to much for school, and for the side project... i hope to realease someday...)

I am not dead mate, and will post screens soon, when i got some time left. Time is a enemy or your friend. ,

but thanks for bumping this thread ... i hope to realease some pictures tomorrow, but i really dont promise anything....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:16:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:16:30