Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / EAI: KoE Spellcasting Development Kit Beta Release!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
make sure you delete the bin and dbo after making any edit if you are using one of the more recent updates.
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 09:03 Edited at: 9th Jun 2009 09:05
thanks for your help i will just store the file for now untill i buy all the stuff i need hopfully tomorrow if my computer builds go threw ushally 100$ for 20/30 minutes work!

===================
InnerCityWar http://Paradoxial.net (Not open yet)
ScreenShots Soon to come
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 15:59
Do you need Ply's mod? And I don't know how to dual wield! I put in "Canduel" at the bottom of the gunspec and the gunspec thing is only in the gamecore/gunes... which means it can't be picked up! I need some help.

I want a new computer!
the italian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 16:32
I like there,thanks a lot

oldboy of 40 years old
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do you need Ply's mod? And I don't know how to dual wield! I put in "Canduel" at the bottom of the gunspec and the gunspec thing is only in the gamecore/gunes... which means it can't be picked up! I need some help."

You need Ply's Mod or Project Blue UM Ed. to dual wield and for decal overide and to remove the bullet holes.

You can use these in stock but it's not as good, IMO.

There are entities for pickips included.

also, even in Ply's Mod, adding canduel=1 will do nothing because it is spelled incorrectly

The spellhands are already set up to be able to dual and be able dual alone in the mentioned mods.
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 17:25
I made another one. if you dont mind Errant AI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMB4Y9i44_0

And the Spells are in the download.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow- Thanks for showing and sharing!

One thing I'd suggest is seeing as it looks like you've mastered making decals, you should tune the muzzleflash RGB colors to compliment the smoke decal colors and look into making new muzzleflash images as well. Combination of the three will really help seal things together nicely.

I really liked the flak skull and the occult symbols. Looking foreward to seeing more
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 22:14 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 22:57
Thank you for the advice Errant AI.

one question, How can i replace the Name/hud of the spells.
i have been searching but couldn't find it.

example.

name spellflak becomes Skull spell?
i only want to know where to replace it.

And i forgot one spell to put in the download pack sorry.
here it is.

Attachments

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "one question, How can i replace the Name/hud of the spells.
i have been searching but couldn't find it.

example.

name spellflak becomes Skull spell?
i only want to know where to replace it."

Simple

In the weapon's gamecore folder, open and edit the image called

hud_icon.dds

That image has the HUD text/image for the selected weapon. You can get rid of the text all together and use an image like normal weapons if you want.

If you want to change the name in the map editor change the appropriate FPE and .bmp name to what you want it to be and change the description text within the FPE.
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 21:32
Thank you. i have taken your advice also, and the spells become much better. if i am done i will show you.
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 14:58
Here it is. and the spells and whats needed included in the download. no explosions!! they were from the sprite pack.

Thank alot Errant AI, it was a great experience playing with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM5VOrXQUu8&feature=channel_page

Attachments

Silent hippo 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 23:56
This looks like a great opportunity for some 3D decals to come into play in X10!
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 00:00
Decal's aren't exactly 3D you know... Since their flat planes, they have no depth to them... xD

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
3d decals=particles

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 01:39
Quote: "3d decals=particles"

Umm... no. Not quite.
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok this is awsome but Im complete newb here so do you have a setup guide or something or a how to install read me I could download?
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I got the spells working this is awsome. But still complete newb here. Anyone make a guide yet on how to make a new spell start to finish? I mean codeing wise. Im still wondering how to make my own weps an things like this. I understand it relates back to the Hud which I assume the hud gives you your visual hand and sound and decal. But how do you know what numbers etc to pt in? Im assuming theres a defult for this stuff?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi old_School,

The default values are already assigned into the four basic templates included. It's best to find which one is closest to what you want to do then modify it. It's been a while and so I am a little fuzzy on it but I think the included templates were for single-shot, single shotgun-type blast, full-auto and flak (explosive).

The most basic things to change are the decal used (smokedecal=X), damage, iterate, etc. which are near the top of the gunspecs. Once you are comfortable with editing those things you can mess with redefining which animations are used.

I've documented to the best of my ability how to modify the spells in the first post. For beginners though it may still not be easy to figure out. Let us know what you're trying to do and myself or someone can better assist you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:14:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:14:05