Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Ally and Enemy AI Upgrade

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 15:19
@GamerX :
E-mail has been sent to you about my new script , Please check you E-mail , It's about your script also , Thanks .

"I am the night visitor when everyone is sleep , and when the last light fades"
The illusionest
Korano100
Years of Service
User Offline
The AI act like dumbasses (no offense to your work. the ally doesn't shoot me so it must work somehow.) the ai either moves around and does a sequence of meanless jesters or just moves foward endlessly.

MKJ Game
Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 14:03
it is not my fault that he does that it is your fault. I gave specific instructions on how to use the scripts.

Could a mod please lock this thread.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2009 23:01
@Korano100:

Doesn't that make you equivalent in nature to the AI you're insulting? ..... No offense.

The one and only,

Andy6843
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 11:44
this is awesome! thanx

Andrew
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 08:25
I haven't looked through the entire source yet... nor comprehended (like me, you don't seem too found of explaining every little step :p) But this looks really neat. It's rather interesting how a simple addition (settargetname=) can give people exactly what they wanted.

But then I get ideas and such, and then I feel the need to resurrect old threads to discuss them.

Now your AI is very core based. The Ally alone knows what it is doing and who to do it to, at any given time. The Ally decides these things, and then performs them (only order of the kills determined by the environment).

Instead, we could probably do something like this
:state=5,activated=1:settargetname=AI1
:state=5,activated=2:settargetname=AI2
:state=5,activated=3:settargetname=AI3
:state=5,activated=4:settargetname=AI4
:state=5,activated=5:settargetname=AI5

now, if an enemy can "see" the player, or if an enemy can "see" the ally, the ally can know which enemy is attacking. Or ask the question "any attacking player" to an invisible floating skull, and get a response (activating the skull will send the notifications to any AIs in the room).

And it'd get really cool if you thus used "anywithin" on your "left" and "right" covers so that they told your ally which side would be best to take cover on.

Then, of course, your cover should tell every enemy "Oh, I'm hiding the ally" so that a series of commands can be executed that are designed to deal with that particular cover. (i.e. flanking)

If zones have been fixed, and activateallinzone now works, I see this as very practical... The way I illustrated is actually too complicated, there should be core "controllers" [zones that cover particular sections] and then "tactics advisers" [i.e. floating skulls :p] which ask questions to the environment [cover, ally, more floating skulls / zones] which may or may not tell the truth.

*shurgs* but even if you can now specifically target entities and send said data to them (or use a global var if you're willing to risk it) this is actually a bloody lot of work. Not only to script, but to set up...

*shrugs some more* this is, however, really neat for what it does. no more with the spinning allies that settarget to anything and everything then randomly fire around until they manage to hit something (which, of course, they didn't). And going further by making a reactive cover system = really neat.

Its not who you are or what you've done... its WHY you did it and how far you are willing to go.
If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 18:00
I was hoping this would fall away into the abyss of the forums. It started out as my very first script for the forums and turned into a very big and complicated ordeal.

I stopped all production upon the ally and enemy upgrades until the release of FPSC V 1.17. The reason being is that I can't pull off anything more then what I have until I get the DARK AI commands that will be given in V 1.17. Once I have obtain those commands I can set forth a massive upgrade to all AI including a conversion\upgrade of the current AI system I have working here.

I see where you are coming from and like i said above no updates till the release of V1.17.

and like you said
Quote: "this is actually a bloody lot of work."

it was just getting it this far, i had to stop the allies from shooting through walls, enemies from running into walls(still haven't fixed) and getting the ally to stop running to the nearest waypoint when engaged in battle. that was just a few problems that i had.

King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 04:32
Hey Gamer X, these ally scripts are awesome! I just have one problem. When i press 'G' for my ally to follow a waypoint, he freezes up and stops responding completely. He just stands still, completely shut down. Could you please help me out?

Cheers, Jake
------------------------------------------------------------
-The Marsundle Residence- (Coming Soon)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:40:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:40:51