Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Game Design Theory / Game Idea Box

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 20:51 Edited at: 18th Jun 2009 20:55
#15 "Dryad"
The player, as a Dryad has the power of the forest trees at their disposal as they defend the forest trees from the Feudal Legion within a brutal third person fighter.

Vines play an important part in this, as the player swings about and strangles enemies with these vines. The player also has normal attacks available, such as stealth kills, disarms, punching, blocking and grappling.

Brainstorm attached

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 22:22
I like Chocolate RTS.
You missed a trick though, the currency should be chocolate coins like you get at christmas lol.
Resources could be chocolate, biscuit and caramel. Biscuit is used to build more sturdy structures.
And the seas could be caramel haha.
What a fun game.

My idea is a Hobo RPG. You find random stuff to use and the aim of the game is to survive and become a millionaire or something lol.

There is an eight letter word. You can insert a letter into it or remove a letter from it without changing its meaning. Answer
Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
@Obese Thanks

#16 "Apollo"
"Apollo" is a God game.

The Greek god Apollo, lost all his lovers, and his own son. Greece is under attack and Apollo feels the urge to help defend it's walls.

Apollo (note to self: stop trying to write "Apollow") must help the defending soldiers as at any time there could be many fights, in the markets, in the ruins, at the walls, by the outposts or anywhere within Athens.

As Apollo, the player has the powers Apollo gained in his life as a god: light and the sun, truth and prophecy, archery, medicine and healing. There's more but they're not all nessassary. With these abilities the player uses a lasso tool to apply them to that area (lasso as in freehand version of regular rts lasso).

Brainstorm attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
#17 Jotunn
Jotunn is an RPG.

The player is enabled to be his own giant/troll/beast across the planes of AEsir and Vanir.

The player has beat 'em up controls which he uses to fight, both on quests and for the fun of destroying villages/killing people.

Brainstorm attached. Sorry for not describing much, caffeine withdrawal.

Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 00:02 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2009 19:10
None today, will make it up tomorrow. I got an idea, but I'd rather give 102 original ideas than 101 original, 1 rather average.

Also deciding if a Mythologic Week is toxic to inspiration. Probably.

Edit: Getting this thread renamed. The plus of not doing it daily will be that I'll probally give away more design documents.

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 10:24
Thread renamed on request of author.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 23:01
I like the idea, in the Apollo brainstorm, of using Prophesy to see into the future: it sounds like a really intriguing idea. Not quite sure how it would work in-game, of course, but perhaps you have a limited number of resources and you have to use them sparingly, so looking ahead allows you to see if more intervention is necessary?

The Jotunn idea also sounds intriguing: setting a game in the bleakness of the Norse "Dark Ages" in an era of warriors where people tended to have demons on their mind rather a lot would be fantastic.

Secretary of Unknowable Knowledge for the Rock/Dink administration '08
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Assuming The Onion is a nonbias equal opportunity insultor, like Mensia, 12 reminds me of "Obama Backers". Find some weird niche that neither side likes/hates such as the "backers" and controlling their lives would be interesting, to me anyway.

Note: You have to watch the onion news on this to understand I'm not going pro or anti political-sided on this.

It's not about backing obama really...

All your ideas above, I can also match them to similar games that have already been created... if you haven't already done so...

To come up with a genuinely new idea, it's usually easier when you're with friends and start the "what if" thought stream. You know, when you think of hysterical things you should write down but forget the day after... should help a bit.

Signed
------
Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Kiwi and feiting shadow Thanks for the support

The mention in the Newsletter gave me the motivation to get a document up on saturday.

axiagame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 19:40
Hi there
Sorry I didn't read anything so I don't know if my question has already been asked, but what software do you use to create such brainstorms? (I mean when you click view you get a clear scheme)

thank you in advance

@xi@g@me
Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
I use Freemind

axiagame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 13:23
thank you

keep doing the good work it's fantastic
Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I intend to do something in this thread soon. I didnt say all my future posts would be Design Documents .

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 19:33
Hmmmm... I am thinking of doing something with Chocolate, can it be a different title or should I keep it the same?

Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 21:28 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 21:29
Yes, you may change any detail you see fit as long as I am justly accredited.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 19:59
Quote: "Yes, you may change any detail you see fit as long as I am justly accredited. "

Alright, thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 11:02:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 11:02:39