Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Revenge - GTA Style Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
As much as I'd like to smack my forehead, I see alot of poetiential in this game. But don't think ahead, too much as it'll make your developing time more, as you will worry to much about things.

P.s. You only need about 15 vehicles, as when they are on the roads and in traffic, you'll only notice about 10 of them.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 13:00
This is not worthy of a WIP yet. You have no screenshots, no demo, no video of gameplay, etc. You must at least have screenshots to post a WIP thread!

I'm not going to post here again

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 13:17 Edited at: 28th Jun 2009 13:18
I have the new map (basic roads), it is about 4km2 and is mainly offroad. It will be constructed with the heightmap and the roads and scenery will be made with models.

thanks

Your signature has been erased by a mod because combined with the text it's taller than 600x120

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 20:12
Sigh, independently of anything you said - and above criticism:

Why is this in WIP, and why have the mods failed to move it to Game Design Theory or to lock it?

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 00:55 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 00:56
Well, I've been looking at this thread deciding whether or not to post, but as it's not locked I'll make one...

Hmm, all I can say, regardless of whether I support this project or not, is:

Get on and make it and don't worry about defending your position if you genuinely believe you can do this.

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 06:08
@C0wbox- Sadly touching. I'm on the team with him, and trying to help, but work is slow, and it might be a while. It would be nice if this thread didn't get locked, but it doesn't need to be bumped until we have something to show.

Permanoobs are awesome.
GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 07:01 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 07:01
Quote: "Get on and make it and don't worry about defending your position if you genuinely believe you can do this."

thank you very much for this support

the actual game will take a few months to get running. the game will probably use DBPro, or DBC.

I need to add about 7 vehicles to the list to make it realistic.

-Harley Davidson Motorbike
-Random Motorbike
-Quad Bike
-Dirt Bike
-Dump Truck
-Compacter (big metal wheel thing)
-Bus

the few vehicles that were missing

the game's levels will be set up using a map file. similar to all the vehicles, so the game will be moddable. There will be less handling lines so that the game player can easilly mod the game.

thanks

Your signature has been erased by a mod because combined with the text it's taller than 600x120
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have the new map (basic roads), it is about 4km2 and is mainly offroad. It will be constructed with the heightmap and the roads and scenery will be made with models.

thanks"

Good progress, your halfway there.

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 07:36
@Satchmo- Don't mean to nitpick, but you should use "you're", not "your".

@GamerDude- Nice, you're adding motorcycles and other vehicle support. Kind of reminds me of GTA...

Permanoobs are awesome.
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 10:40 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 10:42
Am i still on TGC?
Seriously people, let this thread fall and give the constructive feedback on the "REAL WIPs". This project is not impossible, but seeing as the kid is new to whole programming thing and he is using DBP, HE WILL FAIL and learn by hard way. And with the talk of licensing big game business Physics/Game/etc Engines makes me just laugh. How the hell he is gonna use them with DBP anyways? Write a plugin and slowdown the speed of program with 90%? This thread should been locked or moved to game design theory as it does not qualify as WIP. This thread makes me feel like I'm not visiting on a programming forum.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the actual game will take a few months to get running. the game will probably use DBPro, or DBC.
"

I thought you had lots of c++ codez?

Anyway, this will get locked soon, as Diggsey pointed out, it doesn't fill the criteria for a WIP.

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 11:21
Quote: "From Roxas: Am i still on TGC?
Seriously people, let this thread fall and give the constructive feedback on the "REAL WIPs". This project is not impossible, but seeing as the kid is new to whole programming thing and he is using DBP, HE WILL FAIL and learn by hard way. And with the talk of licensing big game business Physics/Game/etc Engines makes me just laugh. How the hell he is gonna use them with DBP anyways? Write a plugin and slowdown the speed of program with 90%? This thread should been locked or moved to game design theory as it does not qualify as WIP. This thread makes me feel like I'm not visiting on a programming forum."

It doesent mean I cannot code if I am young, this stuff takes time. I have Brick Break on my team, he is the main coder and he knows what he is doing. I can code a SA-MP server with about 10000 lines in about a week, and that is very similar to C++. I have had enough of people saying that this project will not go through. I dont want your crap if all you want to do is make me stop. No matter if you want me to stop or not, I WILL NOT STOP! I have set a goal and it will be fulfilled. I dont like to have to post stuff like this, but no moderators are in this board to delete the non-constructive posts and do their job. If they wont stop this, then I will. This game will not end because people say "give up, it wont work". If this is you, click on the Disable MailBack button and dont come back to this thread. I am doing lots of work on this project and theres no way I am giving up.

[flame payback]Seriously, stop posting this crap "You cant do this, you will fail". If you have no help about the game or CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, DONT POST! You obviously know nothing about game making.[/flame payback]

MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 11:32 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 11:35
People's gripe here is that you have huge expectations and no proof of any progress, hence this game should not be on the WIP board until it actually qualifies as a WIP, per the generally accepted rules.

Regarding your comment of everyone "obviously knows nothing about game making", I'm sure these WIPS would like to contest that.

Just take a step back from this thread, give it some time, and come back with something concrete to show you're making progress. Otherwise let this thread die like those sensible suggest.

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 11:39
I have contacted a moderator and requested this thread to be looked at, he/she will decide weather this thread is locked or people that dont know how to post learn their lesson.

IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS GAME, OR YOU WANT TO POST THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, DONT POST!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't care whether you do the project, and I'm not saying you'll fail - in fact, I do hope that you succeed, but surely you can see that this doesn't qualify as a valid WIP.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 13:00
Flame

This thread has been locked due to the unmanageable number of flame responses. Please refer to section 3.11 - 3.12 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of theses terms, along with generally accepted nettiqute standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:54:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:54:05