Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Multiplayer, Online, Persistent RTS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 20:41
I am developing a 2D, multiplayer, persistent, online real time strategy game. I am using C# and DarkGDK.Net. I don't have an official name but my working title is RTSWO (real time strategy world online).

Most RTS games are military based but mine is going to be business based. It will be about earning money, paying employees, buying and building assets, resource collection, goods production, etc. Combat is definately a route to earn money but not the only way. My initial theme is future/space/sci-fi based but it should be flexible enough to accomadate any theme.

The download site is http://www.projectrts.com. It is a very basic site but it has all the links required to run the game.

I have a development blog at http://mickeykudlo.spaces.live.com

Screenshot:

Currently I am using the free RTS images from the abandoned game called Hard Vacuum I found at lostgarden.com.

Coldfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 20:57
I'm liking the looks of this. While I'm all for unbridled killing, it would be nice to see a RTS with some originality. If you keep going the direction your going, I think you'll have a helluva game on your hands

Gonna keep my eye on this one...
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the graphics, and I really like the concept!

I tried the download and:
-there was way to much crap to download and install to get the game to run, although I guess you can't do much about that
-the camera scrolls too slow and the vehicles take too long to move

I'm looking forward to a demo with actual gameplay

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 00:42
Kinda reminds me of War Inc. You could either take missions and fight, or play the stock market to earn money. You could build a corp and even design your own vehicles and equipment.

Though yours looks a lot nicer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:54:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:54:24