Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Sasuke's SpinBlock Teaser

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 02:31 Edited at: 9th Jul 2009 20:53
Hi guys, I've made a teaser demo to a puzzle game i'm making and thought it best to post here since more people will get to play it. I would like to get your thoughts on it, just note the actual game will look and play alot different but the core mechanic will remain the same, spinning blocks around. I've made a few basic puzzles for you to test out, so please enjoy.

If you finish the demo your get a surprise (just make sure you extract the game from the rar first or you won't get it), please post that up here so you can compare er... surprises.

[Update: 9 July]
Sorry there are no screenshots, I posted this on a psp so I was limited in what I could do, but when I get a chance I will add more media and information on the game.

A dream is a fantasy, if you achieve that fantasy it was never a dream to begin with.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 02:39 Edited at: 9th Jul 2009 02:48
Screenshots?

Played it, looks quite nice but runs at maybe 5fps here. My system isn't stellar but the requirements shouldn't be much. It'd be nice if I could rotate the camera around the origin of the puzzle.

Quote: "// Puzzle 1
Time Taken: 14 Seconds
Spin Count: 6

// Puzzle 2
Time Taken: 1.43 Minutes
Spin Count: 15

// Puzzle 3
Time Taken: 33 Seconds
Spin Count: 14

// Puzzle 4
Time Taken: 43 Seconds
Spin Count: 15"

It only took that damned long because it kept missing clicks as they were shorter than frames. Emptying bloom.fx made no difference at all to performance.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 13:10
It was great but I couldnt beat the final puzzle.All I could highlit at the last was yellow and red.Otherwise nice game,more puzzles and more blocks would be nice.

[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Sasuke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 14:13 Edited at: 9th Jul 2009 14:14
Firstly, thanks Mods for moving this, I realized after I woke up this morning that Geek Culture was the wrong place for this.

Nex, I didn't realize that this would have been that damanding, so I'll add a config file so you can alter setting, also there is a camera only that I disabled it because I thought no one would need it for these puzzles (in the full game the camera is a vital part), so I'll add enable camera in the config post an update later.

djmaster, once enough people have tested i'll post some clue on how to do them.

A dream is a fantasy, if you achieve that fantasy it was never a dream to begin with.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 00:02:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 00:02:14