Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Phenom in 3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 16th Jul 2009 08:22
I managed to get Phenom to work with 3d glasses, and here is an image from an older level (attached).

You'll need red/cyan 3d glasses (with red on the left if you make your own), polarized ones probably won't work for this, however I would like to know how to pull that off, as the color would look better...also I noticed my HUD doesn't show up, but I think it's interesting to see my game in 3d anyway.

There's a video for those that have not heard of this game, see my sig for the thread.

Phenom - MP FPS WIP - With bot support, even online!
Official Thread -> http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149585&b=8

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2009 11:15 Edited at: 17th Jul 2009 01:00
Wow, awesome! 3.5 Dimensions!

Quote: "however I would like to know how to pull that off"

I think that would be a bit too hard. I know how it works in cinemas. What they do is they have two cameras at the back. One projects the film, and the other projects a slight variation of it, so when one eye sees the first one and the second eye the second one, it looks 3D.

However, the first camera has a horizontal polarization filter on it, and the second camera has the vertical polarization filter, so one picture can only be seen with the horizontal polarized filter on your first eye, and the other picture can only be seen by the vertical polarized filter on your second eye.

Hope that explains a bit, I don't know how you would pull that off on an LCD screen though...

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:13:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:13:52