Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Requesting compositions for DBPro Showcase project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 11:02 Edited at: 19th Aug 2010 05:49
cfb
Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the late reply was rather busy the last couple of days.

Rudolpho - Thanks a lot ! I find the track perfect already. I don't think that anything has to be changed. I'm looking forward to the next track.

NGXmusical - Thanks as well ! I checked out the track, would it be possible to remove the flute totally ? Just so I would have 2 versions, one with flute and one without.

Thanks both of you for your time and effort, and the excellent music ! It's really appreciated

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 22:52 Edited at: 19th Aug 2010 05:49
xcvb
NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 04:23 Edited at: 19th Aug 2010 05:50
uioio
Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry was a bit swamped with work, didn't come to check on the thread.
Thanks a lot for the no flute version! I will definitely use the tracks.
I like your new composition ! It has a bit of everything
Maybe I can use it for a scene.
Thanks again for all your time and effort ! The tracks a great ! They will add a lot to the atmosphere of the game.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 01:49 Edited at: 19th Oct 2009 01:53
It's been a while, sorry about that (lots of stuff going on).

So, I know I'm supposed to make an ambient loop out of the last passage of The Garden, and I still am trying to do that. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time extending it into a different chord progression which will then fit to go back into the first one again (for the loop). I'll come up with something eventually though (or I could just let it be VImaj7 - V7 for the entire duration, if you want, but to me that seems like it could get boring after a while. But then I'm a man who likes variety in his songs ).

Anyhow, while experimenting with possible extentions to said song a few days ago, I came up with a pretty cosy arpeggio on a traditional japanese scale. It didn't fit in too well with The Garden, but I elaborated on it into a new song.
The initial idea was to have it be a rather ominous / mysterious simple background track, composed out of pretty much only that arpeggio. (I should say that I find it sounds a bit better when played by a harp, but I made it a koto for your ethnic feel).
However, as I begun arranging it, I got a bit carried away, and it's now starting to sound like some cinematic track for a specific scene or something like that.
It isn't finished yet, but I thought I'd post up a demo and see whether you think it could be useful.

The Temple

Also, I'm afraid I have no descent anklung samples, which I think would fit in very nicely in this particular track.
You wouldn't happen to know if such a patch is available anywhere, NGXMusical?
Preferably just the anklung (I can probably not afford an entire library right now), but if there's any library containing it, please do tell me still so I can jot it down for later

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 04:01 Edited at: 19th Aug 2010 05:50
bnbnvb
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 23:22
Thanks

I'll look into those products, thanks for listing them!

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Rudolpho, just as NGXmusical, I really like the new track. It has much potential, I'm looking forward to the finished version.
As for the ambient track. You can just let it be VImaj7 - V7, I like the bit of the track as it is, so I don't think that would be bad.
But as I said earlier, just take your time. There is no need to hurry.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 19:18:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 19:18:58