Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 19:25
Has anyone seen following on DB news page?

"The whole DB range of products will undergo a price review over these next two weeks. To avoid disappointment, we advise you to wait a while and check back on the 18th November"

Does this ring alarm bells that price is about to drop significantly and annoy all us early adopters or is it just a case of sour grapes on my part?
I love it when a plan comes together
Dazzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 20:49
I don't see DBpro's price changing it is already alot cheaper than I would have expected!

Probably just the products on the DB.com website that will change, ie db1, darkmatter, cart shop etc

Dazzy
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 23:57
ya, I don't expect DBP's price will fall... unless of course DBS is RAISING the prices

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
anoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 00:07
Hell, I was about to place my order tonight! Do I take a chance and order now in case prices go up? Do I order now and hope there is proce protection for the next 2 weeks if the price goes down?

I'm afraid I ma gettin greally nervous about DBpro. I just learned of it last week and was really excited by the possibilities. I downloaded the demo and began playing with. I liked what I saw!

But now I'm getting skittish. I keep reading about bugs in the product. Is there a tentative bug fix release schedule somewhere? Is it possible the price will go up?

I really want to buy ASAP!

ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 00:13
anoon: don't worry too much about the bugs.

1) if you're new to programming, you won't run into them too often for a bit while you figure out the basics
2) if you do run into something, ask. we can probably figure out a workaround
3) the price won't go up...the way that it is phrased, it would be ill-waged for DBS to tell you to wait if the price was going up.

use that demo up for now and wait 'til the 18th to see what happens.

cheers

-= i only do what my rice krispies tell me to do =-
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 22:42
lol I was joking
Don't worry about the bugs, two patches have already comeout, and one will be here before Christmas (supposidly with major terrain updates...).
And don't listen to what anyone tells you about the CD Check, it can easily be stopped.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 23:24
Looks like that will just affect DB products other than DBPro, Seen as it's on the DB site and not this site. Don't know for sure though. On a very positive note I just got an email from Lee about a bug fix and he says patch 3.1 will be out shortly. Whoohoo. Of course shortly could be weeks but at least it's good to know things are moving along.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 10:44:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 10:44:09