Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / System Scan - Bare Minimum EGP competition -

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2009 19:14
I just saw the new competition on the Experimental gameplay project website, and decided to enter it. Don't know if this idea was tackled before, but I don't care. I just wanted to do something that is simple, interesting and somehow a little different.

Name: System Scan
Description: In this game, you are a virus scanning software, and your job is to scan through the files on drive C. You don't have to exterminate anything, just enter a file, 'take notes' and leave. In the game, each file is represented by a number of tiles. Your job is to get to the exit, which is high above you, and the only way you can do that, is by raising the tile floor. But be careful, hence viruses are bound to appear, and you wouldn't want to be infected by one of them, do you?

- Done
- Almost done [a few bugs left]
- Working on
- Planned

To Do:
Tile system -
Picking, raising, lowering and selecting tiles -
Re-Spawning[In case of falling] -
Gravity and collision -
Camera Modes -
Enemies -
Save System -

This is all I have on my list for now. Also, keep in mind, the idea of the competition is to have a bare minimum game, so I will just be using premades for characters, and only 1-2 ambient sounds.

Characters:
Blue Cube - Player
Grey Cones - Flying viruses that may hit you, while you are 'climbing' towards the next file
Red Spheres - Gound viruses, that walk on certain paths
Grey Tiles - Spywares! Don't step on them...

I also made a small video of what I did today. Just uploaded it on youtube, so it may take a while for it to be process. Let's just hope the quality will be ok.

Videos

Day 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c56x2pl2Nec

Screenshots

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2009 19:36 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2009 19:37
i like it it looks very good, will the player remain this block or is it just a temporary model

EDIT sorry just saw what you said above

some have greatness thrust upon them - W. Shakespeare
Lucky 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2009 21:06 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2009 21:07
Very cool.

A great combination of simple graphics with the possibility for some very complex puzzles. This looks great.
zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2009 23:00
@Mazz, well I'm going to keep it a block, hence those are the requirements.

@Lucky13 Thanks. Let's just hope that the puzzles will actually be complex xD!

Thanks for all the comments. I will update the post as soon as I finish adding some more stuffs to the current sand box [hence, I'm only adding features for now], and hopefully a demo will be out in 1-2 days. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or questions do post 'em.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 02:58:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 02:58:04