Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DarkBasic - 900 3d models?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have read that DarkBasic comes with 900 3d models. As I'm considering buying this, can anyone tell me what qulaity these are and what formats they come in? Thank you.
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 19:48
it comes with maybe 50 models max, but now darkmatter (which is often bundled with DBC) might have that many

it its darkmatter ur talking about then it usually has a hi and a low poly version of each model and its a mix of .X and .b3d I think

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 20:13
If you buy the CD version, you get 900 models. But they are very basic, badly texture, and only about 20 are animated. About 700 are not textured at all, just colored. I suggest you download blender or wings 3D or anim8tor to make your own models.

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
@Unforgiven Hero
I have the CD version and it comes with hundreds of models. I don't know if the downloadable version has that or not. The majority of the models are static, that is, they aren't really meant to be animated (though they could be with some work). Lots of things like chairs, tables, airplanes, buildings, miscellaneous stuff. Not too bad as background models. 99% of them are not textured, they are just colored so they look like graphic objects from 10-15 years ago - made up of very few polygons. They aren't bad, they just look dated and kind of simple. They could be improved with some good texturing, but that would take a 3d modeling program and some work. Using these models, you could put together a scene fairly quickly.

The majority are in .X file format (Direct X). There are a few in 3Ds format.

DarkMatter is separate from these generic models.

Enjoy your day.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 20:22 Edited at: 8th Aug 2009 20:24
My original DBC CD had hundreds of models on it but hardly any were textured and only a tiny handful were animated.

You are talking about DBC and not DBPro right?...

As T1SG says, Dark Matter is now included with DBC and the models are of a much higher quality (professionally designed) - both textured and animated.

[Edit] Sorry for repeating. After I started my post, I went searching for my CD and by the time I hit the submit button the others had already posted...

TDK

Unforgiven Hero
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i was considering buying dark game studio bonanza as I could use TreeMagik,Cart Shop, and Plant Life to make models for my game ( made with Realm Crafter engine). Dark Game Studio combines these for a cheaper price so I was gonna buy it. But I am skeptical about this offer as it seems too good to be true.
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 20:39
i have dark game studio and personally I think its a good buy

the only thing really missing from the package is a 3d modeller, but blender is a fabulous and free modeller that I recommend 100%

I dont think it has 900 models, although darkmatter, which is included, has TONS of models that are pretty high quality for the price, and many animated ones

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 21:58
Quote: "can anyone tell me what qulaity these are"

I think they are considered crap by wikipedia.

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(O.o ) / WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!
(> < )
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "crap by wikipedia"

by someone who wrote their opinion on wikipedia.

Enjoy your day.
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2009 01:05
never trust anything you read on wikipedia, in case you dont know its open and anyone who wants to can edit pages on there, whether they are correct or not

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone using DB needs to learn how to model. Try Anim8or it's easy to use, because even if the bundled models are amazing, you are never going to make an original game with public models.

Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 21:34
I got the electronic download, and the download definitely does NOT include 900 models (unless there's a hidden folder with that much). It does have some 3d models though, none of which are very good.

"I reveal my trap card, GEORGE DUBYA BUSH!
America loses 2000 Life Points! America loses." -Deucalion2
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 20:32
Quote: "Anyone using DB needs to learn how to model."

LOL, I do...................

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(O.o ) / WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!
(> < )
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 06:02
may I recommend blender?

its a GREAT FREE modelling program, and if you can get past its frightening GUI (maybe watch some youtube tutorials) then it can do GREAT things

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 20:55:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 20:55:24