Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Sound / Media Questions :

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 23:17
Hey there all, i figured post a thread with multiple questions so i don't fill up the thread . Ok, here we go.

======When making voice files======
1. Make my voice deeper? Since i'm only 12, my voice isn't all that deep.
2. Are there any other programs that allow me to make voice files, other than "Sound Recorder"?

======When using FL Studio 8======
1. Is there any way to easily understand Styrus? The videos are really confusing for me.

Ok, thats basically everything i needed to ask. Thanks.

Learning about FPS Creator; One step as a time...
~Joe
My Site : http://fpscnoobscontents.webs.com/
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 18:43 Edited at: 16th Aug 2009 18:44
Quote: "1. Make my voice deeper? Since i'm only 12, my voice isn't all that deep."

It's very hard i think to make it sound real, but you could try messing with the pitch controls and sliders inside the Flstudio sampler. Maybe add an eq and increase the lower frequencies to get a little bass in there.

Quote: "2. Are there any other programs that allow me to make voice files, other than "Sound Recorder"?"

You could use Flstudio to do that, i believe there is a video tutorial on how to record audio in fl on the flstudio webpage. Or you could download and use audacity wich is a free audio recording/editing program.

Quote: "1. Is there any way to easily understand Styrus? The videos are really confusing for me."

It's all about learning how to use your synth, there is no easy and fast way, or a quick route on how to learn to use it. If you keep at it making your own presets and playing around with it then you'll eventually get better and better. Personally i wouldn't spend money on sytrus, i've been using the 3xOsc wich is an amazing synth that can produce quality results that are equal in quality as something sytrus makes. And it comes for free with flstudio.

I hope that answers your questions a little, if you've ever got more questions on how to use fl, feel free to ask here and i'll try to help you

Have fun playing around with fl!

FPSCNoob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 18:51
Thanks! I bought FL Studio 8 Producer Edition, It's awesome. It came with the Sytrus Plug-in
~Joe

~Joe
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 00:20
Audacity is also good, and free!

forever loading...
BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 18:10
It will help if you try to talk with a slight croak or rasp, if done right it can add to the realism. If not done right . . . it's a little awkward. But it's usually awkward without it anyway.

I recommend getting your dad, or uncle, or teacher, or something to record the dialogue. Even if their voice isn't as deep as you want, it already has the qualities of a sampled adult voice, so it will be easier to pitch shift and bass boost to make it deeper.
FPSCNoob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 15:16
Ok, I have yet again another question. How can I make my music loop? It always stutters at the end and starts up again. It's not a steady flow like it is in FL9. Any help greatly appreciated

~Joe
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ok, I have yet again another question. How can I make my music loop? It always stutters at the end and starts up again. It's not a steady flow like it is in FL9. Any help greatly appreciated"

What i do is that i copy the ending of the song inside the flstudio playlist and paste it into the beginning of the song. Then i load it up in edison in flstudio and i cut the ending part from the beginning. That way the song starts with all the instrument release and reverb&delay that you get inside flstudio and loops much better.

FPSCNoob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2009 21:12 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2009 21:14
ok, now how exactly would I copy it? i can't seem to do the ctrl + V, and do i need to reinstall FL9? Its saying I need the ASIO drivers.

Also, I took the song you showed us how to make in the 'effects tutorial' and I spiced it up a bit. I think it's too fast, if you have the time, can you check it out? its at the bottom of this post

~Joe

Attachments

Login to view attachments
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 12:10
Ctrl + C is Copy, Ctrl + V is paste.

About the ASIO drivers, download ASIO4All from: http://asio4all.com/

"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it!!!"
BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 16:24 Edited at: 4th Nov 2009 16:25
FPSCNoob,

I haven't used the recent versions of FL Studio much, so I don't know what it has in terms of audio editing capabilities. If it doesn't let you edit your bounced WAV file, you're going to want to do the editing in something like Audacity or Adobe Soundbooth. Also, check to see if FL9 has an option for bouncing on the second loop cycle, this would fix the clicking automatically for you.

If you're not concerned about preserving left over reverb and instrument decays (ie: they're quiet enough to not notice, but loud enough to give you a click), then a quick solution would be to add a very short fadeout at the end of the loop, and a very short fadein at the beginning of the loop.

The reason it clicks is because at the end of your song, the amplitude of your waveform is considerably greater than 0. Anytime a transition from one waveform to the next is not smooth you'll get a click.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "ok, now how exactly would I copy it?"

Hold down the left control button to drag over multiple patterns or tracks on the playlist, then ctrl + c and v should do the trick

Good job with the song

FPSCNoob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 00:21
Thanks all! Sorry for the long delay.
@ Lucifer -
Quote: "Good job with the song "
made my day haha. I've made my 7th version of that song, the one you heard was the 2nd. I've linked it in the download. I really want some feedback from you, since it was your song to start with.

@ BearCDP2 - I did exactly that, and it worked well, but it didn't fit the song, so i took it out. But, for some reason when I put it in my MP3, it didn't click. Any explanations?

@ da power pwnerer - thanks for the drivers!

~Joe

~Joe

Attachments

BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 03:50
I'm not familiar of how MP3 works at the lowest level, but I do know that it chops audio up into frames. It may be that when the encoder divided your song up into frames, the end of your song just started a new frame, and thus had a few milliseconds for the amplitude to reach 0 again before looping.

Another option that's more difficult to pull off, is to export the audio past your loop point, capturing all the reverb and decays of instruments. Then, in Audacity/whatever chop that off the end of your song, and stick it on the front. Provided the reverb and decays of the end of the loop aren't too loud, there shouldn't be enough noise to jar the player, and then when the song loops all the decays and reverbs will carry over to the next loop iteration as expected.

FPSCNoob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 04:02 Edited at: 25th Nov 2009 04:04
Ok. I Think i\'ll just leave it how it is. I\'m not in the mood for messing something up, knowing me.
~Joe

P.S 9th installment of the techno song in Download Link

~Joe

Attachments

chaos60556 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a program out at http://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOX.aspx that will answer your first to questions. The program is called MorphVox Pro. You can record your own voice and tweek it with the program to sound just the way you want it to. It also has downloadable voice packs that you can tweek in the program to make hundreds of different voices. it has a 7 day free trial, after that the program costs $39.95

I found it when I went looking for software to create voices. I decided that it was ideal for me because I can only afford to spend about $50 a month towards the tools I need to make my game.

Maybe this can help you. Maybe an adult could help you get the program.

***** You really shouldn't post your age in the forums *****

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 17:21:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 17:21:52