Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Finally have a comp again

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 04:59
Hi all, I have a resolution question. When I start up DB I am informed that a resolution change may be needed and then takes me back out of the editor to my desktop. I have changed it to 800 X 600 but it looks so bad, any tips for this? Thanks guys.

Zombie

Good to be back!!

Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee cappacino, JAVA!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 12:20
Use DarkEDIT. DB defaults to the resolution 640*480*16 in the editor or any program you make with it. When executing your code (f5), it is going to set to that resolution, no matter what.

You can of course change it with set display mode, but DB will start with 640*480*16, and then set the the desired resolution. So, there is no way I know around it.

TheComet

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!
Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 22:24
I would recommend writing your own IDE. A good program to start with is AutoHotkey. Just try to replicate the interface of Notepad, then add a "compile" menu to run DarkBASIC with the specified parameters. I could probably whip something up for you in a couple hours.

WINNER list:
Brick Break, Latch, Lee Bamber, TDK, TheComet
Thanks for the help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 20:17:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 20:17:26