Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Fresh Composer Seeks Work!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, My name is M.D. Crow and I'm desiring to be a video game composer. Below are some different fields of my work and my desired conditions.

Music in Video Games:

Music is an extremely important aspect in video games. It really gets on my nerves if the soundtrack of a video game is not very good.

Preferable Genre:

At this point, I have no imput. I will compose for any type of game. Mind you, the type of game will reflect on the style of music. For example, if you made an adventure RPG, I will compose more climactic music: A romantic main theme, A triumphant adventure theme, A classical influenced rock battle theme. If you made a cute platformer, expect cuter music in the soundtrack, I might even throw some 8-bit in there (I have a strange talent for 8-bit music, just sayin'). If I could compose music for any type of game, it probably be for a game with plenty of adventure. To be specific: A Side Scrolling/Platform/Adventure/Puzzler. That would be awesome. I'm looking for a serious project.

Influences:

Well, I like to think of my music as a mix of Nobuo Uematsu and Koji Kondo. One day, I would like to throw some Jeremy Soule in there (My favorite). His music is more climactic than mine because he uses sampled instruments to make really gorgeous music, while I use hardware generated sound. It's not a huge problem right now, but one day I would like to get some sampling software.

Credit and Compensation:

Well, at this moment, It's not a huge deal. It really depends on how serious the project is. If it's a game with 8-bit graphics and you want an 8-bit soundtrack, it's not a problem. If your going commercial with your game (PSN, Xbox Live Arcade, Wii Ware), I will be expecting some compensation. I will always expect credit in the game. It should say, "Music by: M.D. Crow" or something similar. On the subject of compensation, we'll figure something out.

My Demo:

At the moment, I only have one demo. It's a long story. It's title "Adventure Demo." Please give it your ears. It can be found href=http://www.purevolume.com/mdcrow]here[/href]. You can download it. You music have flash installed to listen to it.

If your interested please contact me through this thread.

Musically,

M.D. Crow
jontepd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 19:05
I'm working on a breakout type of game and I'd love to get some music into it. I have a couple finished test maps (the game is still in an early stage). I'll upload them tomorrow when I get home for you to try out and decide whether or not you're willing to make me some music
jontepd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 17:32 Edited at: 12th Sep 2009 17:32
Alright so here's a test level. It hardly contains any upgrades and you can't even beat the map (well you can but nothing fancy happens >_> ) but at least it's something to give you a hint of what the game is going to be like.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
hookkshot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2009 14:27
hey im looking for a simple 30 sec loop with a happy jungle feel to it, you will be credited and if u would like to do it give me an email at hookkshot@hotmail.com and i can show u a demo of my game. Its small but u'll get credit and the music is all the game needs before its finished.

2.0Gh AM2 Processor, 9800GT, 2Gb Ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 18:51:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 18:51:42