Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Model Pack problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 14:42
hey everyone,
i have come across multiple problems with the model packs and not many other posts have helped me out.
Problem 1- When i place a segment in from model pack 1 and 2, i get this funny wall that pops out. (i have displayed a screenshot of it) And by the way for all of this i have got the latest vesion and i installed the model packs before i installed them, i also tryed then cleaner but still no workies.

Problem 2- some guns work but some dont, if they dont work i get and error message when i'm testing my game that says (the weapon)_N.dds,585,1.

Problem 3- i cant get ghost walk to work because i cat find the setup.fpi or something.

Problem 4- Model pack 3 boxs are invisible and when i touch them i get an error.

Problem 5- Sometimes when i kill a Zombie doctor there arm get all streched when there suppose to let the knifes go, there arm just stretch until it hits the ground. (i had maturepatch installed)☻!

Please if anyone could help i would like that alot.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DarkAngelOblivion TM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 15:07
Ritoe then, the screen shot didnt pop up but just download it from the bottom right hand corner to see it.
Crazy Cam10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 15:34
I get that with MP2 as well.

Cam Ownz You!!

www.gamingstuff.co.nr
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 19:01
ok , make sure you have 1.09 and some models need a tweak (Edit there fpe script)

I dont know how to fully do this , Ive only got weapons to work by changing their texture path the the entity foler they are in

Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 03:23
Quote: "Problem 1- When i place a segment in from model pack 1 and 2, i get this funny wall that pops out. (i have displayed a screenshot of it) And by the way for all of this i have got the latest vesion and i installed the model packs before i installed them, i also tryed then cleaner but still no workies.
"

I'm not sure what causes this problem, so I can't help.

Quote: "Problem 2- some guns work but some dont, if they dont work i get and error message when i'm testing my game that says (the weapon)_N.dds,585,1. "

If they are model pack 9 or Errant's guns from the store, the normal maps for his pickups need to be changed/fixed.

Quote: "Problem 3- i cant get ghost walk to work because i cat find the setup.fpi or something."

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean the map in the effects folder of the mapbank, ghost run was cut from release and we're not sure what it does.

Quote: "Problem 4- Model pack 3 boxs are invisible and when i touch them i get an error."

Model pack 3 is known to be tricky in x10 and needs some segments and entities to be fixed properly.

Quote: "Problem 5- Sometimes when i kill a Zombie doctor there arm get all streched when there suppose to let the knifes go, there arm just stretch until it hits the ground. (i had maturepatch installed)☻!"

This is due to the zombie doctors being rig for x9's death system, which used animations instead of ragdolls. Since the knives separate during the animation, but aren't set to separate for ragdolls, they stretch him.

I hope I helped you.

DarkAngelOblivion TM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 09:02
Thanks Couch Shogun 20, very helpful. About ghost walk i found out that it takes you on a tour like just a camera, to make it look like a in game cutscene, so apperently you have to change the setup file for this, it like ghostcamera=1 but i cant put this into the setup file because i cant find it! Also when is an update going to come out to fix these major problems, if random people can fix them all in under a couple of hours (seen it done but have no idea how they did it) then why catn Lee do the same.

These problem are the main problem that has set back my game from being released to the public.
DarkAngelOblivion TM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 12:26
also i got another problem with lights, the dynamic dosnt work at all, like what the hell! Who tested this software before it came out. Like we are all the way up to uptade 1.09 and guess what the lights still dont friggen work! I'm starting to get upset that there are so many problems that i would coniseder going back to x9 but the only problem for that one is, is that its unpowered so you cant have all the NPC's on the screen at the one time.
DarkAngelOblivion TM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 13:35 Edited at: 17th Oct 2009 14:55
Ok lets do a recap on the problems that need to be fixed and i hope someone on the team will look at this and fix it all.

Model packs need to be fixed and tested.

All entitys in the software need to be tested because some have glitches.

A big one is dynamic lights need to at least work, also same with particles.

NPC AI dont exacley work, eg you say you want them to start with a loaded weapon and it dosnt work.

All custom media need to work.

If you have a team mate follying you, then you open a door using a key or switch and then you pass through it then all of a sudden your teammate can't.

Takes way, way, way to long to load. like you finnaly make your awsome level, you build a game, load it up then you may as well walk away have launch go out talk with your mates, come back and BANG your finnaly done. But if you have Best for quality lights on then it wont load up at all.

I wouldnt recemend this software to anyone for at least 1 year <MOD EDIT>. But then by then Direct X11 will be out and all new problems will come about.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 14:56
DarkAngel, you'll find your post moderation will be lasting longer. Not for your comments, but for the language you chose to use.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 01:31
Quote: "Model packs need to be fixed and tested."

A majority of model packs (all but a few) work with v1.09

Quote: "All entitys in the software need to be tested because some have glitches."

I've never had a glitch with an entity, but could you name the specific ones?

Quote: "A big one is dynamic lights need to at least work, also same with particles."

Dynamic lights need a static light in their radius to work, that's all. As for particles, they work with the most recent update, v1.09

Quote: "NPC AI dont exacley work, eg you say you want them to start with a loaded weapon and it dosnt work."

That does need to be fixed.

Quote: "Takes way, way, way to long to load. like you finnaly make your awsome level, you build a game, load it up then you may as well walk away have launch go out talk with your mates, come back and BANG your finnaly done. But if you have Best for quality lights on then it wont load up at all."

That mainly depends on your specs, sounds to me like your running X10 on border-minimum requirements.

DarkAngelOblivion TM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 16:36
Ha border-minimum requiremnts you say, i have a 2.66 Ghz prosessor and a GTX 260 Graphics card. YEAH BABY! (on a 24 inch monitor!!)
And about the entitys that need to be tested, try putting in that round table from the sci-fi models. And that funny looking table bench thing that has multiple textures of the one entity.
And the partlicles, when i stick them in only one works and not any more. Kinda weird. Though thankyou for your help so far, very helpful.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 20:58:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 20:58:32