Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Cant get shaders to work on custom entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 15:46
I have tried to get shaders (bumpmap) to work on my models, they work in static but when turned into dynamic they get this pink colour (see pic).

Does anyone have a clue on what to do?

I have _D, _D2, _N and _S

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 03:16
I had the same problem with an entity I made a while back, that once turned dynamic it turned pink. I'm not sure what causes it, but I reported in the v1.09 thread so hopefully there'll be a fix soon.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 06:11
You could just use the shader that goes with the model type (dynamic or static.) Bumpbone.fx for dynamic and bump.fx for static.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 09:26
This happens without shaders too. This occured when I created shadermaps for it.

Now I have changed the maintexture to _D instead of _D2, now static and dynamic shows up. But none of them have shaders. Not even if I apply shaders.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 16:59
Email me a sample model, texture and shader set of files and I will tweak them so they work with X10. Remember this is shader model 4.0 and you are integrating into an existing engine so the closer you can get to the default shaders the better. Also check out wobblyeffect sample for an idea how to apply shaders to dynamic entities.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 18:11
Sent you an e-mail. But what is wobblyeffect?

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
It is a demo shader included in FPS Creator X10. You can apply it to segments (see the demo inside customstuff/wibblyrelief.fpm)

It will make your segments wobble. It a default demo that comes with it.

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 23:26 Edited at: 9th Oct 2009 23:43
@ Lee
I have an entity I made that is giving me a bizarre error I've never had before (and believe me I've seen them all), but only when used in certain situations. If I sent you the files, could you take a look at it too? Normally I'd just move on to another entity, but it's a key entity for my entry in the Mind Trix Competition (Which I'm considering abandoning because of the error. The error is "AI Container (21) Does Not Exist").

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 11:13
It appeared that this had to do with FPSCx10 and will be fixed in the next update (if I didnt get it wrong )

Anyways, now I am trying to get illumination to work on one of my entities, but that wont work either. Has anyone got illumination to work on custom entities in x10?

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 19:07
Quote: "Anyways, now I am trying to get illumination to work on one of my entities, but that wont work either. Has anyone got illumination to work on custom entities in x10?"

Illumination should work by using the spec map with a proper alpha channel. After you've created the spec map, apply an alpha channel making everything you don't want to glow transparent. semi-transparent parts glow less than non-transparent parts. In GIMP, this is done with a layer mask but I don't know the photoshop equivalent. that should work, good luck.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 20:10
I just cant get it to work

I have a _D and _D2, plus the _S with alpha saved as DXT5 .dds

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 23:25
Quote: "DXT5 .dds"

Try no compression